Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,763 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:40 AM

Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang (1570 Views)

Police Smashes Yoruba Syndicates In Aba / Army Smashes Police Led Robbery Gang / Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by ichommy(m): 2:23am On Jul 12, 2013
[img]http://3.bp..com/-RRljy35snYo/Ud9aM-alTgI/AAAAAAAACVE/3BBXN3hmdsQ/s1600/Nigeria-police.jpg[/img]
SOLDIERS of the 4 Brigade/Sector 1 Joint Task Force, codenamed “Operation Pulo Shield,” on Thursday, announced the smashing of an armed robbery gang, whose membership were policemen serving in the Nigeria Police.

Briefing journalists on behalf of the Commander 4 Brigade/Sector 1 Joint Task Force Operation, Benin City, Brigadier-General Pat Akem, Army Public Relations Officer, Captain Roselyn Managbe, said troops under the command also arrested a suspected kidnap kingpin, Joel Ogbu, a.k.a Avenue, who facilitated the arrest of other members of his gang.

Managbe said: “On June 26, troop of 222 Battalion, on patrol at Orhoror Junction on the Bomadi Road, in Delta State, around 2.00 a.m, arrested a suspected armed robber, who claimed to be a police inspector attached to ‘A’ Department of the Nigeria Police, Bayelsa State Command. He was caught blocking the road with woods, while other members of his gang, who were armed, took cover in the bush along the road. When he sighted the Nigerian Army Quick Response Group driving towards them, the inspector tried to withdraw into the bush, but was caught, while other members of his gang escaped.

“In his confessional statement, the suspect revealed that members of his gang were all serving police personnel, who indulge in robbery activities after their normal duties. The suspect also confessed that an Assistant Superintendent of Police (name withheld) and an Inspector of ‘B’ Department of the Nigeria Police Force, Bayelsa State Command, are members of his gang.”

Speaking with the Nigerian Tribune, the arrested inspector, however, said he was arrested on his first outing as an armed robber.

“It happened that they were robbing people and I decided to join them. I was not in uniform, but others were in uniform,” he said.

Also paraded among the suspected criminals was a Lance Corporal, who was dismissed from the Army.

Some of the items recovered from the suspected criminals included an axe, locally-made double-barrelled guns and handsets.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/news/item/16496-army-smashes-police-robbery-gang.html

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2013/07/army-smashes-police-robbery-gang.html
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by Gboliwe: 5:06am On Jul 12, 2013
Whaat? shocked
Only God will save us.
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by chaloner(m): 5:07am On Jul 12, 2013
Thankks for the info....I will deal wit Dem after eatin my okpa and bread wit coke

Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by Acidosis(m): 5:31am On Jul 12, 2013
also arrested a suspected kidnap kingpin, Joel Ogbu, a.k.a Avenue

“In his confessional statement, the suspect revealed that members of his gang were all serving police personnel, who indulge in robbery activities after their normal duties. The suspect also confessed that an Assistant Superintendent of Police (name withheld) and an Inspector of ‘B’ Department of the Nigeria Police Force, Bayelsa State Command, are members of his gang.”

Sadly, we may never hear their names again...

Infact, Nigeria is full of criminals.. Its not all about the Police.

and sometimes we insult the so called officers forgetting that they came from a family. Who trained/parented these criminals?

Police job is not meant for illiterates. These are graduates of Nigerian universities.. same people begging "God" & GEJ for job everyday. Some of these officers have Masters and PhDs..

Why don't we start addressing these issues from the root?

Trace these guys back to their young age, and you'll find out they graduated from the Federal and state institutions..

Do a little background check, and you'll see traces of cultism.

Go further, and you'll know they bribed their way through at schools to get good grade..

Why won't I block the road and ask people for N50 naira when my lecturer demanded that I block his course...lest he gun me down fail me?

So many things to be addressed in this nation!

In a country of 'do or die' f00lish people; so many things go wrong!

You tell the police they can never embark on strike actions, even when the government short pay them or treat them wrongly, YET some randy lecturers and Doctors strike at will without considering the repercussions on the sector...

If I can't embark on strike actions with papers and media atleast I have a gun! Thats the spirit of an average Police man!

Until we realise the NPF is not meant for touts, hooligans, bandits, nicompoops, scallywags and the reprobates, they will never stop displaying the attitudes of the aforementioned...

2 Likes

Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by omiobo: 5:45am On Jul 12, 2013
Chai! shocked
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by galaxi(m): 5:47am On Jul 12, 2013
Which way nigeria?? Does it mean no goodnews can come out of my dear country?
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by free2ryhme: 6:02am On Jul 12, 2013
ichommy: [img]http://3.bp..com/-RRljy35snYo/Ud9aM-alTgI/AAAAAAAACVE/3BBXN3hmdsQ/s1600/Nigeria-police.jpg[/img]
SOLDIERS of the 4 Brigade/Sector 1 Joint Task Force, codenamed “Operation Pulo Shield,” on Thursday, announced the smashing of an armed robbery gang, whose membership were policemen serving in the Nigeria Police.

Briefing journalists on behalf of the Commander 4 Brigade/Sector 1 Joint Task Force Operation, Benin City, Brigadier-General Pat Akem, Army Public Relations Officer, Captain Roselyn Managbe, said troops under the command also arrested a suspected kidnap kingpin, Joel Ogbu, a.k.a Avenue, who facilitated the arrest of other members of his gang.

Managbe said: “On June 26, troop of 222 Battalion, on patrol at Orhoror Junction on the Bomadi Road, in Delta State, around 2.00 a.m, arrested a suspected armed robber, who claimed to be a police inspector attached to ‘A’ Department of the Nigeria Police, Bayelsa State Command. He was caught blocking the road with woods, while other members of his gang, who were armed, took cover in the bush along the road. When he sighted the Nigerian Army Quick Response Group driving towards them, the inspector tried to withdraw into the bush, but was caught, while other members of his gang escaped.

Speaking with the Nigerian Tribune, the arrested inspector, however, said he was arrested on his first outing as an armed robber.

“It happened that they were robbing people and I decided to join them. I was not in uniform, but others were in uniform,” he said.

Also paraded among the suspected criminals was a Lance Corporal, who was dismissed from the Army.

Some of the items recovered from the suspected criminals included an axe, locally-made double-barrelled guns and handsets.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/news/item/16496-army-smashes-police-robbery-gang.html

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2013/07/army-smashes-police-robbery-gang.html

why una dey withheld the ASP name >> Una no fit mention am ..mstchew
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by Dreal1247: 6:56am On Jul 12, 2013
Acidosis:

Sadly, we may never hear their names again...

Infact, Nigeria is full of criminals.. Its not all about the Police.

and sometimes we insult the so called officers forgetting that they came from a family. Who trained/parented these criminals?

Police job is not meant for illiterates. These are graduates of Nigerian universities.. same people begging "God" & GEJ for job everyday. Some of these officers have Masters and PhDs..

Why don't we start addressing these issues from the root?

Trace these guys back to their young age, and you'll find out they graduated from the Federal and state institutions..

Do a little background check, and you'll see traces of cultism.

Go further, and you'll know they bribed their way through at schools to get good grade..

Why won't I block the road and ask people for N50 naira when my lecturer demanded that I block his course...lest he gun me down fail me?

So many things to be addressed in this nation!

In a country of 'do or die' f00lish people; so many things go wrong!

You tell the police they can never embark on strike actions, even when the government short pay them or treat them wrongly, YET some randy lecturers and Doctors strike at will without considering the repercussions on the sector...

If I can't embark on strike actions with papers and media atleast I have a gun! Thats the spirit of an average Police man!

Until we realise the NPF is not meant for touts, hooligans, bandits, nicompoops, scallywags and the reprobates, they will never stop displaying the attitudes of the aforementioned...
U ve almost said it all. Everybody is saying that the reason for the unrest in our society is unemployment. But from the look of things, it is far from the truth. Nigeria has developed to the level where one can easily establish himself gradually by being self employed. Get-quick-syndrome is one of our greatest problem. Imagine an inspector in Nigerian police. With all that they get through licenced robbery (collecting of bribes &forcing people to part with cash for no just cause) they still had to come back as full time armed robbers. THE CURSES THAT THE PEOPLE ISSUED AGAINST THEM ARE SURELY WORKING AGAINST THEM. In all, lets come out of greed. Be contented with what u have.
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by Enegod(m): 6:57am On Jul 12, 2013
9ja police...smdh!!!
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by 3ace(m): 7:02am On Jul 12, 2013
"He was caught blocking the road" Maybe using road blocks to rob was part of the reasons the IG abolished them apart from using them to collect N50. Thumbs up to IG because if he hadn't cancelled it, those soldiers would have assumed they were doing their normal duties. And for them to have done it at that odd hour is highly suspicious.
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by SlyIg(f): 7:09am On Jul 12, 2013
And a dismissed Army among them? SMH...
When you dismiss a trained army into a corrupt and jobless society,what do you expect of him?
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by igbsam(m): 7:25am On Jul 12, 2013
Too bad. 70% of the Nigerian police force are the robbers disturbing the society. They go under the cover of uniforms
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by Onyegecha(f): 7:48am On Jul 12, 2013
It's unfortunate that rules are not respected in this country. What happened to the law against police road blocks that we all hailed a short while ago? In Imo state, for instance, that rule is as good as dead. Why can't the number one law enforcement agency in the country enforce their own internal laws? Was Nigeria created with a built-in mechanism to ensure it fails? Are we less human than other societies that have risen above some of these challenges? Na waa o!
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by pistol: 7:56am On Jul 12, 2013
Is there no way that the police can vouch for the character of its personnel before employing the person?
We hardly hear of SSS personnel engaging in all these shameful acts.
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by AbuMikey(m): 8:04am On Jul 12, 2013
Too bad!!!!!
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by Acidosis(m): 8:24am On Jul 12, 2013
3ace: "He was caught blocking the road" Maybe using road blocks to rob was part of the reasons the IG abolished them apart from using them to collect N50. Thumbs up to IG because if he hadn't cancelled it, those soldiers would have assumed they were doing their normal duties. And for them to have done it at that odd hour is highly suspicious.

Sorry to say, the I.G and other top officials are bunch of embarrasment to the force..

What happens to re-branding of the force?

We once heard of an on-going transformation process only to see the I.G in a new camouflage uniform that looks like an army uniform.. What a shame!

The I.G is now too big to wear the black black devil uniform because he doesn't want to share the same uniform with 'criminals'

The I.G is not proud to the be a Police officer...
The uniform no longer carry dignity and pride (he knows this fact).. but rather than embark on a radical reformation, oga at the top dey change uniform.. (More like buying a white cloth for a pig) what a pity..

He is envious of the dignity that goes with chief naval staff, bridgadier, Marshals and other military officers forgetting that dignity doesn't lie in uniform...

The fact is, we've never enjoyed a good leadership in the NPF.
Re: Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 12, 2013
galaxi: Which way nigeria?? Does it mean no goodnews can come out of my dear country?

OK. GOOD NEWSgrin

My third Baby mama has given birth to triplets. I will name them Jona,Patience and Bipi. grin

(1) (Reply)

Live Coverage Frm The Supreme Court Hearing On Appeals Of ACN/PDP Against Mimiko / Anambra Poll: ANPP, CPC Withdraw From APC Merger / Confab: North Won’t Seek Nigeria’s Break-up – Gov Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.