Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Sweet Read: My Father Still Owes Me A Pet Dog –olaokun (wole Soyinka's Son) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sweet Read: My Father Still Owes Me A Pet Dog –olaokun (wole Soyinka's Son) (442 Views)

What Obama Still Owes Africa (a Visit To Nigeria) - Johnnie Carson / "How I Joined Pyrates Confraternity" - Wole Soyinka’s 1st Child, Olaokun / #photo - Apc Vp Candidate Prof Osibanjo's Father Still Lives In A Mud House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sweet Read: My Father Still Owes Me A Pet Dog –olaokun (wole Soyinka's Son) by ajasaolufemi(m): 11:12am On Jul 12, 2013
Doctor Olaokun Abidoye Soyinka, is the first child of Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka; and a chip off the old block when it comes to wits and intellectualism. The Commissioner for Health in Ogun State reveals a quirky perspective about his father in this interview granted ADENRELE NIYI in commemoration of his father’s birthday tomorrow. Excerpts:

What’s your profoundest childhood memory of your father?

When he ran over my pet dog. Actually, it wasn’t his fault – he went to pick my sisters and brought them home from somewhere. Because they had misbehaved at some point, when he dropped them in front of the house he did not drive off immediately but was talking to them for a while. The puppy had come out to greet them and when he found he was being ignored he went under the car to get some shade. You can imagine the rest. I thought it might be a nice gesture for his birthday to let him know that I forgive him –and to remind him that he still owes me a dog....http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/my-father-still-owes-me-a-pet-dog-olaokun-soyinka/#!prettyPhoto

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happened If Jonathan Doesn't Win 2015 Elections- Tam West / The Disappearance Of Uche Osuke / Names Of Pilots Of The Asiana Flight 214 - KTVU News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.