Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,989 members, 7,863,525 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:29 PM

Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? (1260 Views)

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Help!!! Who Should Resign? / Husband Or Wife, Who Should Resign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by sapien(m): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2013
Nairalanders, this is about one of my brothers.
He met his fiancee at his place of work couple of months ago.
In about a month's time, they are gonna get hooked as man and wife.

Now, the policy of the accounting firm where they both work as staff is, two employees from the same company can't work at the firm at the same time as married couple, so one of them needs to step down.

Another problem is, the lady earns about #50,000 more than the my brother(from what he told me) and they are both at loggerheads on who to step down between both of them.
My brother says he doesn't see himself heading back to the labour market after their wedding.
His fiancee says, since she earns more than him, he should resign while they will set up a business together after their wedding, which the hubby would run.

Nairalanders, please, your advice is really needed here.
What should they do?

Intelligent opinions and contributions are highly needed as I'll forward it to them.
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by biolabee(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
delay the marriage until one of them gets a better offer and then moves

Their case is still better than the people who married

https://www.nairaland.com/1355575/husband-wifewho-should-resign
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by subzidi: 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ OP
Hmmmm i would'nt want to pre-empt, but for the fact that they are not yet wedded and such sensitive issue like this has not been discussed and agreed between both of them during their COURTSHIP spells doom! The foundation first should be that they both see themselves as partners working together to achieve a common goal. Bearing this in mind, there is no competition or ego tripping! With all these said, they should go through/analyse each person's career profile/potential, who does it seem would get a job faster? Who does it seem has more business accumen to run a sole/private business should he/she resign?
It is not about gender,ego, who earns more but what will benefit both(the union) in the long run!
Wisdom is profitable to direct...

Wishing them goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by ann14(f): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ op, the woman should resign. After the wedding she should start a business to support the family. My 2cents
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by bukatyne(f): 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
ann14: @ op, the woman should resign. After the wedding she should start a business to support the family. My 2cents

Even when she earns N50,000 more?
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by paschalomenihu: 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
FROM APACHINO fro PH CITY, The man should resign,though he is the head of the family, since the wife to be has agreed they will set up a family business which he will manage, that is a good step. But with out that men finds job more faster them married women.And mind you the woman earns more, we are talking about more income here not the head. sad sad
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by sapien(m): 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
paschalomenihu: FROM APACHINO fro PH CITY, The man should resign,though he is the head of the family, since the wife to be has agreed they will set up a family business which he will manage, that is a good step. But with out that men finds job more faster them married women.And mind you the woman earns more, we are talking about more income here not the head. sad sad
Interesting!!!

He also brought up that head of the family issue, when our parents were advising both of them.

He said, as a prospective head of the family, his fiancee should be the one to resign.
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
it depends on the kind of woman she is, as long as she isn't the kind to make life miserable for the man because she is the breadwinner, then he should go ahead and quit, that 50k will go a long way keeping body and soul together for the time being for the couple.
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
Whoever earns less should be the one to quit.

OP I thought someone opened a thread about this already that he saw the post on facebook. Were you the one who posted it on facebook
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by sapien(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
dayokanu: Whoever earns less should be the one to quit.

OP I thought someone opened a thread about this already that he saw the post on facebook. Were you the one who posted it on facebook
It's prolly a coincidence.

I never posted anything on facebook!

Howeover, I just saw the thread, and those ones are married; whereas, these ones are still courting and would get married in about a month.
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by baby124: 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
The one with better prospects of finding something better somewhere else. If we say the man should resign, how long will it take him to find another job? Same with the woman? The company should give them time to look, who ever finds something else leaves.
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by Princesszoe: 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
sapien: Interesting!!!

He also brought up that head of the family issue, when our parents were advising both of them.

He said, as a prospective head of the family, his fiancee should be the one to resign.
This man is going to be a difficult man. This situation has nothing to do with the head. I hope he dosen't have wicked tendencies. I wonder how he suggested that his wife to be should leave a job that she earns far more than him only on headship reason even though she agreed that she will help him start business. Women weyy they plan to marry this kind man they really try o.
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by Princesszoe: 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
sapien: Interesting!!!

Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by blank(f): 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
No be accounting firm again? They should both send out their cv's to other firms who are looking for experienced auditors. They can both apply to companies looking for people with auditing experience.
It is easier for a man to get a job than a married woman cos she might be pregnant, etc etc.

I wonder how accounting firms recruit these days. Thought a requirement was to be able to think outside the box. See his big head like head of house.
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by dayokanu(m): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
In the accounting firm, One can work in Assurance/Audit while one can move to Advisory or Tax
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by sapien(m): 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
Princess zoe: This man is going to be a difficult man. This situation has nothing to do with the head. I hope he dosen't have wicked tendencies. I wonder how he suggested that his wife to be should leave a job that she earns far more than him only on headship reason even though she agreed that she will help him start business. Women weyy they plan to marry this kind man they really try o.
No. He doesn't have wicked tendencies.

He is just an African man with core African mentality!

He is someone who believes a man should always be the oga at the top at home.
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 13, 2013
My in-law had the same dilemma before he got married. He decided he would be the one to leave. He got a job in another bank and before you knew it, he got a better job in an oil company. What works for one couple may not work for another but if they can't agree on this now then they shouldn't get married...yet.

I think the guy should be motivated to find a better place. Somewhere that will even pay better than where he currently is. Let him leave his wife there. There are no guarantees. His holding on to that job does not guarantee it will be there tomorrow. Same goes for his wife. But my reason for telling him to leave is for him to aspire for something better than where he currently is. If he gets something else then thats a win-win. Sometimes people shouldn't be so rigid.
Re: Who Should Resign Between The Two Prospective Couple? by Princesszoe: 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
sapien: No. He doesn't have wicked tendencies.

He is just an African man with core African mentality!

He is someone who believes a man should always be the oga at the top at home.
OGA AT THE TOP WHO EARNS LITTLE BELOW WHAT HIS WIFE TO BE EARNS? WHAT A BIG MOUTHED OGA AT THE TOP. BETWEEN ALL AFRICAN MEN ARE NOT THE SAME. SOME ARE VERY HUMBLE AND REASONABLE. THIS MAN IS NOT ONLY WICKED BUT EXTREMELY HIGH HANDED. I PRAY THE LADY IN QUESTION LOOKS AND RE-LOOK BEFORE LEAPING, BETWEEN EVERY WOMAN WILL NOT MARRY GOOD MAN. SOME WILL MARRY AND MANAGE. HER CHOICE.

(1) (Reply)

Family Raises Alarm Over 15-year-old Girl’s Strange ‘wedding’ To Bus Driver, Con / Am I Alone On This? / When Will This Stop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.