Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,248 members, 7,864,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:39 PM

Nigeria Of My Dreams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Of My Dreams (662 Views)

The Nigeria Of My Dreams–Speech Of Pastor Tunde Bakare On His 60th Birthday / Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? / Jonathan Promises To Rid Nigeria Of Tribalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Of My Dreams by Harrisibor(m): 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
Before going to bed, i had to eat something. I opened d fridge nd yes, all d things in my fridge had turned to block;d light had been on for 8 years without going off.I finished eating nd went to bed. Oh I ve to reduce d speed of this fan, d voltage is so high.I woke up very early in d morning to d sound of classical music. I casually strolled into the bathroom. Oh!the cold is too much this morning, i turned on d hot-water tap.While towelling myself dry, i turned on the radio and heard the presenter speaking of how Nigeria is now one of the most developed countries in the world and how d Nigerian president yesterday declared his asset and all he had to boast of was N20 million naira and a duplex in his village.I finished dressing up and took my time to eat. I had no reason to rush,afterall the road is always free and there are nopotholes.On d way, i saw a few policemen patrolling and I greeted them. I stopped to chat wit dem 4 a few minutes after which i drove off laughing.In my workplace, i saw some people loitering in d waiting room nd discovered dey were here to be interviewed.I saw d son of the permanent secretary.I also saw a young man with tattered shoes nd patched-up trouser; he graduated recently from one of d government universities, but everyone could testify to the fact that he's brilliant.While going home that day, i saw the man with d tattered shoes smiling and i asked him why. "Sir, i've been given d job." "What! What of the Permanent secretary's son, didn't his father call beforehand?No"grin man said, "He didn't"That evening,i went out 2 play in D neighborhood, i saw Emma udoh and Osas Agbonifo discussing d recent trend in the country,of how is Princess Akenzuwa now D governor of Rivers state, Senator Abi Emonfomwan is now the governor in Borno state,Hon Tobby now the governor of Akwa ibom,Mallan Abu now d governor of delta state,Mr Uche Oparah is now the governor of Oyo state.Den I had a Mosquito bite on my nose,as I slapped my face.I woke up realized that I took large dose of cough syrup...Chai!!! NIGERIA OF MY DREAM!!!lolz
Re: Nigeria Of My Dreams by adioolayi(m): 12:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hmmmm....we'll surely get there! God help this Great Nation
Re: Nigeria Of My Dreams by MAYOWAAK: 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
Let’s detach ourselves a bit from this country. Let’s say we are foreigners taking Nigeria as a case study. A country that makes billions of dollars from crude oil every month. A country that once sold crude oil for $147 a barrel. A country where private jets are purchased everyday. A country where legislators earn jumbo pay. A country where government officials are A-list billionaires. A country where you find the latest cars from Rolls Royce and Mercedes. A country where government officials acquire land and erect mansions in the most expensive parts of town. A country where electricity is a stranger. A country where the schools are in terrible shape. A country where public hospitals offer no sanctuary. A country where the roads to the ports are so bad that it makes more sense trekking than driving. Try coming to Apapa, a key city in Nigeria’s economic chain, on any day of the week and you will understand the gist. What a country!

Despite the gloom and doom hovering the nation,I still dare to dream.I dream of a Nigeria where our lawmakers will make laws in the best interest of the public. I dream of a Nigeria where our best and brightest will not spend their most productive years building other countries; a Nigeria where the police will indeed be your friend; a Nigeria where you go to court for justice not thinking there is a malevolent judge somewhere willing to pervert justice for a little fee. I dream of a Nigeria where the value of citizens is not in the amount of money they have or number of cars and houses they posses, but their integrity and contribution to society.I dream of a Nigeria where human life is worth something, where human rights are respected, where good governance, right to life, security, and environmental safety are the norm rather than the exception. I dream of a Nigeria where our graduate will be worthy of their degrees, not recipients of “sexually transmitted degrees”, in the words of Okey Ndibe. I dream of a country that will be a global contender, a country where our God-given resources will be a blessing and not a curse.
Re: Nigeria Of My Dreams by bloggernaija: 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Stop dreaming because it will never happen.
If you doubt me, take a trip to the nigerian vanguard newspaper and read the comments emanating from commoners.especially the Facebook comments.
Bad followership is the biggest argument for the superiority of a republic over a democracy.
It is in countries like Nigeria ,where those who argue that only the truly educated should be allowed to vote or be voted for ,have their strongest arguments
Wake up.
Re: Nigeria Of My Dreams by Harrisibor(m): 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
@ bloggernaija.... I don't care what the like s of you believe. In our very generation and under our very eyes we will see all this things come to pass

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Feel About The New Law Which Makes Any Girl Marriageable? / Lagos BRT Buses Now Glorified Molues – Commuters / Nigeria Ranked As World’s Most Stressed Out Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.