Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,754 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:24 PM

Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. (1351 Views)

Osun Govt May Stop Free Feeding Of School Children / Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War / Shocking! Nigeria To Buy 2 More Presidential Jets, To Make A Total Of 10 Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Symphony007: 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
Have you ever seen a child hawking on the streets will others are at school? Were you surprised? Don't be,Some shocking statistic out recently says with 10 million kids out of school, nigeria is the number one country in the world for uneducated children. According to the statistics, the state with the highest number of uneducated kids is kano. How can this be? How can this country grow economically when the next generation are not given the skills they need to dominate. How can the nigerian government be spending billions on national airline, world trade center, eko atlantic and many other secondary frevolities, when education, the most primary need in a society is absent. This is very disturbing and no one is paying attention to it. The most populous black nation of earth is sending forth a generation of illetraits into an increasing competitive world..the U.N says every child has the right to education, but apparently, not in nigeria. The uneducated nigerian child plays second fiddle to beautifull buildings,estates and airplanes.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/education-22803632

1 Like

Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by solomon111(m): 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
I am not surprised.
The state govts who should be reponsible for basic primary education are not doing enough,especially in northern Nigeria.
It's time people held their respective state governors responsible.
Btw,the world trade centre in abuja is majorly funded by private investors.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Horus(m): 2:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
A country who do not invest in education have no future.

1 Like

Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by ojesymsym: 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
But watching the news they can these simple mathematics:

New Maths 2013:

Teacher: Which is greater between 16 and 19?
Jang: 16
Teacher: Jonathan, is Jang correct?
Jonathan: Yes ma
Teacher: Clap for Jonathan and Jang
Teacher: What is the two-third (2/3) of 32?
Wike: 5
Teacher: Patience, what are you discussing with Wikey? What is the correct answer?
Patience: Ma, the answer are 5.
Teacher: Clap for Patience and Wike.

4 Likes

Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
In the world! shocked what about China?
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Symphony007: 3:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
iterator24: In the world! shocked what about China?
my dear. In the WORLD. More than china,india,bangladesh,pakistan, mongolia,nepal...mention them. Shame on nigeria. Education...for crying out loud. The most basic of basics, let's not talk about polio. Nigeria is the only country on the african continent still fighting polio. According to the u.n and the bill and melina gates foundation. Nigeria,pakistan and afganistan are the only country globally still struggling to fight polio.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by juman(m): 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
Horus: A country who do not invest in education have no future.

Thank God, the country will break up one day.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Horus(m): 11:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
How can the nigerian government be spending billions on national airline, world trade center, eko atlantic and many other secondary frevolities,

Eko Atlantic is funded by private investors, it is not a project of the Nigerian Government.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by taharqa2: 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
Symphony007: my dear. In the WORLD. More than china,india,bangladesh,pakistan, mongolia,nepal...mention them. Shame on nigeria. Education...for crying out loud. The most basic of basics, let's not talk about polio. Nigeria is the only country on the african continent still fighting polio. According to the u.n and the bill and melina gates foundation. Nigeria,pakistan and afganistan are the only country globally still struggling to fight polio.
Plz, be sure of what you what to say b4 actuali saying them in public..
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Symphony007: 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
Horus:

Eko Atlantic is funded by private investors, it is not a project of the Nigerian Government.
if only the government urged it's private investors to invest in the country's future(education) rather the luxurious frevolities. It's like a man with cancer dying but wear beautifull clothes and make up. He looks good outside, but inside, he is dying.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by taharqa2: 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
Symphony007: my dear. In the WORLD. More than china,india,bangladesh,pakistan, mongolia,nepal...mention them. Shame on nigeria. Education...for crying out loud. The most basic of basics, let's not talk about polio. Nigeria is the only country on the african continent still fighting polio. According to the u.n and the bill and melina gates foundation. Nigeria,pakistan and afganistan are the only country globally still struggling to fight polio.
Plz, be sure of what you what to say b4 actuali saying them in public....@topic, d statistics on out-of-school children for Nigeria is as shocking as they come. Govts at all levels, esp in d North, as well as d diff strata of society (again, esp in d north) shld do more to reverse this unacceptable and potentially dangerous trend
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Symphony007: 6:26am On Jul 13, 2013
taharqa2: Plz, be sure of what you what to say b4 actuali saying them in public....@topic, d statistics on out-of-school children for Nigeria is as shocking as they come. Govts at all levels, esp in d North, as well as d diff strata of society (again, esp in d north) shld do more to reverse this unacceptable and potential dangerous trend
go and reserch. I direct you to the u,n or bill and melina gates foundation. Nigeria,pakistan and afganistan are the only countries still revaged by polio. Even if other countries experience it, it has been reduced to it's bearest minimum.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by taharqa2: 9:10am On Jul 13, 2013
Symphony007: go and reserch. I direct you to the u,n or bill and melina gates foundation. Nigeria,pakistan and afganistan are the only countries still revaged by polio. Even if other countries experience it, it has been reduced to it's bearest minimum.
You go and research a certain country call Somalia, and d No of polio cases they hv reported this year.. Google is just a click away, Guy
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by mgbeketoto: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2013
Nigeria don caRRey fOrst for bad tin again! grin
Time to start fasting and praying for BARRENESS to hit AFRICA FOR AT LEAST 40 YEARS! grin
Haba!

Why give birth to 'GENERATIONAL HAWKERS'? cheesy
Almajiris EVERYWHERE!
Mu he he he he

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONE WOMAN OPENED HER TOTO TO 'BORN' 3 female 'BOLEE-SELLERS' for one or more USEEEEEEEEEELESS PAUPERS in one lifetime? shocked

Hmmmm! Tufiaaaaaaaaaaaakwa! cry

I praaaaaaaaaaise my H-AGNOSTIC GOD FOR ABORTIONS! cheesy
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Horus(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2013
To the Botswana government, Botswana education takes the high priority. In the sector of Botswana education, the Ministry of Education spends at around 30 percent of the public spending.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Symphony007: 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
taharqa2: You go and research a certain country call Somalia, and d No of polio cases they hv reported this year.. Google is just a click away, Guy
according to www.polioeradication.org. Three countries still have polio as an epidemic, and they are pakistan,afganistan and NIGERIA. With each country reporting the highest statistic.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
U.N may be wrong
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
Symphony007: go and reserch. I direct you to the u,n or bill and melina gates foundation. Nigeria,pakistan and afganistan are the only countries still revaged by polio. Even if other countries experience it, it has been reduced to it's bearest minimum.
wel ve never met sm1 havn polio in ma life...i dnt knw where they live
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by taharqa2: 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
Symphony007: according to www.polioeradication.org. Three countries still have polio as an epidemic, and they are pakistan,afganistan and NIGERIA. With each country reporting the highest statistic.
My frnd, am talking of d World Polio Report for this year released early this week. Google d shiit...
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Maxymilliano(m): 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yes Nigeria has a sizeable number of kids out of school going by the attached pic ... grin

Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by abohrandy: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
not news nau!!
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Symphony007: 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
taharqa2: My frnd, am talking of d World Polio Report for this year released early this week. Google d shiit...
google what shit? I just gave you a website link. If you're so sure of your claim, pls give me a link.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Symphony007: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
I-pledge:
wel ve never met sm1 havn polio in ma life...i dnt knw where they live
you've not seen lame people begging, you've not seen diformed kids? That is caused by polio.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by dasparrow: 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
@Post

I am not surprised.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by superior1: 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
No wonder recruitment at Boko Haram keeps getting massive applications.

Education -rara
Future -mba
Hope - babu
Hopelessness sef no dey

Why won't they want to go to paradise to meet better life??. We are creating problems for our future if this dangerous trend is not put in a check.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
The statistics is because of the actual population of Nigeria and not fully because of the ineffectiveness of our leaders though it is still a factor.
when will these organization use a positive method for their statistics,e.g country with the most children in school
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Symphony007: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
jchime: The statistics is because of the actual population of Nigeria and not fully because of the ineffectiveness of our leaders though it is still a factor.
when will these organization use a positive method for their statistics,e.g country with the most children in school
that makes it more shamefull..if china. India and pakistan who are tripple of us are not topping the lst then why are we?
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 14, 2013
Symphony007: that makes it more shamefull..if china. India and pakistan who are tripple of us are not topping the lst then why are we?

Apart from there population, they have a better government, I just factored in the population stuff. And who said Pakistan has a good educational system
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by taharqa2: 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
Symphony007: google what shit? I just gave you a website link. If you're so sure of your claim, pls give me a link.

*smh*

Somalia hadn't had a case of polio for nearly six years. But in the past few months, the virus has come back. Now the East African country has the worst polio outbreak anywhere in the world.

Twenty new cases of polio were this week in Somalia by the Global Polio Eradication Initiative. That brings the total number of cases in the Horn of Africa to 73. The rest of the world combined has tallied only 59 cases so far this year.

Health workers are worried that the virus could gain a foothold in the Horn of Africa and jeopardize the multibillion-dollar effort to wipe out the virus worldwide.
The last time polio struck Somalia, the virus spread across the Horn of Africa into Yemen and eventually over into Southeast Asia.

The last time polio struck Somalia, the virus spread across the Horn of Africa into Yemen and eventually over into Southeast Asia.
Courtesy of Google, ORION-ME

Until this recent outbreak, global efforts to eradicate polio appeared to be making remarkable progress. Last year the number of children paralyzed by polio hit a record low at 223.

This year it was looking like there were going to be even fewer cases. The last significant pockets of the virus appeared to be isolated in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria.

Then in May, a 2-year-old girl in Mogadishu became the first confirmed case of polio in Somalia in more than six years.

The number of polio cases in Somalia is increasing by the day, says Dr. Nasir Yusuf, who leads UNICEF's immunization efforts in eastern and southern Africa.

Part of the problem, he says, is that the majority of children in Somalia have never been immunized against polio. "We have an outbreak in a population that has been quite vulnerable for quite some time," Yusuf says.

Somalia has the rate of polio vaccination in the world after Equatorial Guinea, according to the World Health Organization.

In response to the current outbreak, there have been five emergency polio immunization campaigns in Somalia since May. The Somali government directs the campaigns, but it doesn't control or have access to vast swaths of the country. Some of the most recent polio cases have occurred in areas that are considered off limits to vaccination teams.
Ado Ibrahim carries his son Aminu through a village in northern Nigeria. Aminu was paralyzed by polio in August.

Underscoring the lack of security in the region even for health workers, two health workers with Doctors Without Borders were this week after having been held hostage in Somalia for almost two years. The women had been working in the Dadaab refugee camp in Kenya, where eight new polio cases were in May.

The current outbreak is forcing governments throughout the region, including parts of the Middle East, to launch supplemental vaccination drives, Yusuf says, because polio is capable of spreading quickly.

"A week after the virus was reported in south central Somalia, one of the viruses got into the Somali refugee camp in the most eastern part of Kenya," he says. "So that tells you how fast this virus made it."

EDITOR'S ADD NOTE, Monday, July 22, 3:30 p.m.

According to the WHO, the first polio case in the outbreak actually April 30, in Kenya. Then the second case was confirmed May 9 in Somalia. Either way, the outbreak spanned a vast geographic area quickly.

The virus reproduces inside the human gut, and many people carry it but show no symptoms. This give the virus the opportunity to travel long distances inside people and then get shed into the environment through feces.

The World Health Organization traced the poliovirus in Somalia to one in West Africa. Nigeria is the only place there where polio is still endemic.

Before these cases in the Horn of Africa, the end of the multibillion-dollar effort appeared to be in sight.

The Somali outbreak is now forcing UNICEF, the WHO and other international agencies to dedicate vast resources to boost polio vaccination coverage throughout East Africa and parts of the Middle East. Those are resources that can't be used to attack the virus in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria — which appeared, until now, to be the last few places where polio had a foothold.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/07/22/203601730/SOMALIA-POLIO-OUTBREAK
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Amanwulu1(m): 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
Symphony007: you've not seen lame people begging, you've not seen diformed kids? That is caused by polio.
I c dem bt mostly hausas n dat's cos they claim polio vacine is oyibo's method of defertilizing dem. Out of Schl is also nothern problem n I'm sure Anambra federel alocatn is nt up to what kn n some other northern states colect. So why play politics wit dis.
Re: Shocking:nigeria Has Most Number Of Kids Out Of School In The World. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
OP please correct the topic - [size=14pt]northern nigeria[/size], not the whole country.
SE is more educated than some european countries!

(1) (Reply)

33 Reasons Why Southern and MB Nigerians Are Foolish Than The Core-northerners / ASUU STRIKE And Its Effect / Obi Presents 100 Buses To Schools And Cheques To First Class Graduates(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.