Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,753 members, 7,862,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:25 PM

When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon (1037 Views)

What Is Your Favourite Hymn? / What Is Your Favourite Christian Hymn? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
When I Get To Heaven

I will inquire of the first robber
Did he steal a love or a yam tuber?
What inspired him that instead of working
He could hide with a club, people stalking?
When there was no money, did he ask for eatables
Screaming "give me your corn, potato and vegetables"?

grin
When I get to heaven
When I get to heaven
Oh how sweet 'twill be
To laugh at human folly 24/7
Great will be my glee

grin

I will ask God "was heaven so drab
That angels came down, fine as.ses to grab"?
I say this for so I was told
The bible tells of giant men of old
We too may get bored singing praising tones
Instead give me an endless series of Game of Thrones

Will people be free to lynch pastors
If we find they lied about tithes and green pastures?
Each man for two minutes
A payment for tricking the nitwits
Tie em firm to a stick
And administer a slap, a punch or a kick

I will inquire of Jesus
Did he know he would be used to deceive us?
He said "the earth belongs to the meek"
Same words some have used to make weak
To control the needy and gullible people
Or as @Wiegraf calls em: sheeple

I will look at faces like my mother's
If heaven is not what she fed me and my brothers
"Philip", Ma would say, "in heaven awaits a crown"
"Do not be swayed by the devil; that old clown"
Will the pious recall their lives and be pissed?
Regretting all the fun they missed

1 Like

Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by docjuli(m): 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nice try, you sure will get attention.

This is called a beautiful piece of nonsense.

Cheers
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
docjuli: Nice try, you sure will get attention.

This is called a beautiful piece of nonsense.

Cheers
@bolded
I am glad u feel that way. Cheers bro. wink
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 13, 2013
Acknowledgement

Lest I forget, this hymn could not have been made without the help of Deeper Life Bible Church. If there is anything I picked up from there, it is the anatomy of a hymn. The rest, I discarded.
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by ooman(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2013
Nice, I love it.

A mad man does not know he is mad, the religious does not know they are sick. Songs appeal to the heart and heal, but only if the sick will agree to being sick. The religious surely need more help than singing to them.
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 13, 2013
ooman: Nice, I love it.

A mad man does not know he is mad, the religious does not know they are sick. Songs appeal to the heart and heal, but only if the sick will agree to being sick. The religious surely need more help than singing to them.

Ooman the philosopher!

Great Hymn by the way!
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2013
Nice.
I wonder what you'll sing when you find yourself in hell.

1 Like

Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by ooman(m): 11:44am On Jul 13, 2013
Certainly, he'll sing: I am protected by the majestic aura of Satan.....x2.
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Nice.
I wonder what you'll sing when you find yourself in hell.

LOL. U are the satanist. U can think something up for urself.
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ooman
I used to think LogicBoy was the badest militant atheist until recently. U seem to be taking his place IMO. Recently he has been evolving into one cool-headed atheist.
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: @ooman
I used to think LogicBoy was the badest militant atheist until recently. U seem to be taking his place IMO. Recently he has been evolving into one cool-headed atheist.

He has to. He has gone back to Nigeria so he has to cool down. They don't tolerate intelligence over there. Infact after gayism, atheism is the most hated thing in Nigeria.
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

He has to. He has gone back to Nigeria so he has to cool down. They don't tolerate intelligence over there. Infact after gayism, atheism is the most hated thing in Nigeria.

I approve of this message smiley
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by MrTroll(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:
Infact after gayism, atheism is the most hated thing in Nigeria.
Logicboy03:

I approve of this message smiley
I second. In fact you dare not Not believe in god. You're either christian, Muslim or Pagan.
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by wiegraf: 1:46am On Jul 14, 2013
DOHOHOHO

Aye, tis' a good song..

Touches so many things. For instance, you just don't have to be sheeple to be able to enjoy heaven, seems you have to be neutered sheeple to fully enjoy it..

Weak and meek all rhyme with reek (GOT book fans will understand...the rest of you have to wait till season 5)

etc etc

1 Like

Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
grin grin

@weigraf: Is your sig for real? cheesy
Re: When I Get To Heaven: Satiric Hymn By Phenomenon by wiegraf: 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars: grin grin

@weigraf: Is your sig for real? cheesy

'Tis so

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ: 80% Of Nigeria’s Problem Is Caused By Christians / Was There A Governing Body In First Century Christianity? / Hermaphrodite And Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.