Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (9365 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Wee-girafe

last time I check, atheism is personal thang. It not named after you or your property....i wonder why you are stressing your neck into another person consciousness. Also, the constitution give me freedom of consciousness and belief in as much I dont force it down anybody's throat or disturb/hurt people with it. How is my life your headache?

I had a lot of discussion with Pagan9ja and explained to him that I embrace tradition, basically yoruba tradition. How does that made me ashame of my ancestors? Do you even think with your heads? If someone should be slave, it is you cuz you never embrace whats yours.

GET THIS TO YOUR THICK HEAD.... I KNOW MY TRADITION, INVESTIGATING ON MY ORISA DOESN'T MAKE ME BOW FOR EVERYTHING I KNOW. You dull.

We had discussion on Ogun, Sango and Eshu....what bring bullet proof here? Are you just silly or strawman to win a ground?

You asking silly questions....if it about questioning, tell me why usain bolt is very fast and your dumb scientific theory cant make you fast like him on lane. If you cant answer that, shut the hell up. stick to whats on ground. Im good exposing your dumbass and close mind stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by wiegraf: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
folly:

tell me why usain bolt is very fast and your dumb scientific theory cant make you fast like him on lane.

Please, you deserve some cabin. Clap for yourself while you're at it, my special friend. Easily one of the most foolish things I've come across on NL...

Wasting so much time.. Anyways, assignment here

wiki:

Rather, Buddhism emphasizes the system of causal relationships underlying the universe (pratityasamutpada) which constitute the natural order (dharma) and source of enlightenment. No dependence of phenomena on a supernatural reality is asserted in order to explain the behaviour of matter. According to the doctrine of the Buddha, a human being must study Nature (dhamma vicaya) in order to attain personal wisdom (prajna) regarding the nature of things (dharma). In Buddhism, the sole aim of spiritual practice is the complete alleviation of stress in samsara,[6][7] which is called nirvana.

Also, read through this guy's posts. As you'll miss the point, here; while he's not an atheist, he's certainly more so than you are.

Try and use your brain there, and stop insulting your fellow theists
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by wiegraf: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
double post
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by SalC: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ishilove: The op is retracing his steps back to God and has moved on, una still dey here dey blow grammer. Toh, make una continue.
I wonder oo
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by UyiIredia(m): 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
wiegraf:

Lemme guess, you think you made sense?

I see. If this is what your guess is like your knowledge must be sorry indeed. Saved.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
wiegraf:

Please, you deserve some cabin. Clap for yourself while you're at it, my special friend. Easily one of the most foolish things I've come across on NL...

Wasting so much time.. Anyways, assignment here

Also, read through this guy's posts. As you'll miss the point, here; while he's not an atheist, he's certainly more so than you are.

Try and use your brain there, and stop insulting your fellow theists

wee-girafe....

I asked a simple question for you to ignore it huh? This is foolishness in display. Again....why cant you propound hypothesis behind Usain bolt speed on track so that you can use that and run fast like him. You are dull.

Buddhist belief in reincarnation......reincarnation ==supernatural.... ....Briefly explain reincarnation scientifically pls

Moreover, im not pointing to anything supernatural in my post on this thread so I wonder why you drawing your thin hair on issue which doesn't relate with ground. I call this girafe madness. Your strawman is epic
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by bolaino(m): 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Wee-girafe

last time I check, atheism is personal thang. It not named after you or your property....i wonder why you are stressing your neck into another person consciousness. Also, the constitution give me freedom of consciousness and belief in as much I dont force it down anybody's throat or disturb/hurt people with it. How is my life your headache?

I had a lot of discussion with Pagan9ja and explained to him that I embrace tradition, basically yoruba tradition. How does that made me ashame of my ancestors? Do you even think with your heads? If someone should be slave, it is you cuz you never embrace whats yours.

GET THIS TO YOUR THICK HEAD.... I KNOW MY TRADITION, INVESTIGATING ON MY ORISA DOESN'T MAKE ME BOW FOR EVERYTHING I KNOW. You dull.

We had discussion on Ogun, Sango and Eshu....what bring bullet proof here? Are you just silly or strawman to win a ground?

You asking silly questions....if it about questioning, tell me why usain bolt is very fast and your dumb scientific theory cant make you fast like him on lane. If you cant answer that, shut the hell up. stick to whats on ground. Im good exposing your dumbass and close mind stupidity.
this post is so STUPID that I had to like it. Lol
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by MrTroll(m): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
Spirit power makes Usain Bolt to be fast.cheesy
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mr Troll: Spirit power makes Usain Bolt to be fast.cheesy

As if I mentioned spirit in my post. Lol.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
bolaino: this post is so STUPID that I had to like it. Lol

How I wish your like can become coin.....need to play pool
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by wiegraf: 10:46am On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

wee-girafe....

I asked a simple question for you to ignore it huh? This is foolishness in display. Again....why cant you propound hypothesis behind Usain bolt speed on track so that you can use that and run fast like him. You are dull.

Buddhist belief in reincarnation......reincarnation ==supernatural.... ....Briefly explain reincarnation scientifically pls

Moreover, im not pointing to anything supernatural in my post on this thread so I wonder why you drawing your thin hair on issue which doesn't relate with ground. I call this girafe madness. Your strawman is epic

Can you remember the question I've been asking, repeatedly? Picking up from there...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_quantum_immortality_in_fiction

Have you heard of the pu.ssycat that's alive and dead? Using that concept, basically if you die here, you live in on in other universes in the multi-verse. Similar to how in star-trek, when you teleport you don't actually move anywhere, you are actually destroyed then rebuilt somewhere else. Ie, another copy of you carries on.

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/Research/vonlommel_consciousness.htm

Research on NDE, dug up by another nairalander, that ventures into using quantum mechanics/etc, to explain certain "perceived" "spiritual" phenomena

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biocentric_universe

A view of the world modeled around consciousness, with it, more or else, creating the universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation#Reincarnation_research

Research into reincarnation

wiki:

Psychiatrist Ian Stevenson, from the University of Virginia, investigated many reports of young children who claimed to remember a past life. He conducted more than 2,500 case studies over a period of 40 years and published twelve books, including Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation and Where Reincarnation and Biology Intersect. Stevenson methodically documented each child's statements and then identified the deceased person the child identified with, and verified the facts of the deceased person's life that matched the child's memory. He also matched birthmarks and birth defects to wounds and scars on the deceased, verified by medical records such as autopsy photographs, in Reincarnation and Biology.[68]

Stevenson searched for disconfirming evidence and alternative explanations for the reports, and believed that his strict methods ruled out all possible "normal" explanations for the child’s memories.[69] However, a significant majority of Stevenson's reported cases of reincarnation originated in Eastern societies, where dominant religions often permit the concept of reincarnation. Following this type of criticism, Stevenson published a book on European Cases of the Reincarnation Type. Other people who have undertaken reincarnation research include Jim B. Tucker, Satwant Pasricha, Godwin Samararatne, and Erlendur Haraldsson.

Skeptics such as Paul Edwards have analyzed many of these accounts, and called them anecdotal,[70] while also suggesting that claims of evidence for reincarnation originate from selective thinking and from the false memories that often result from one's own belief system and basic fears, and thus cannot be counted as empirical evidence. Carl Sagan referred to examples apparently from Stevenson's investigations in his book The Demon-Haunted World as an example of carefully collected empirical data, though he rejected reincarnation as a parsimonious explanation for the stories.[71]

Objections to claims of reincarnation include the facts that the vast majority of people do not remember previous lives and there is no mechanism known to modern science that would enable a personality to survive death and travel to another body, barring the idea of biocentrism. Researchers such as Stevenson have acknowledged these limitations.[72]

And you know how buddhists are always going on about energy and what not? And you know how scientifically speaking, energy can neither of be created or destroyed, it simply changes state? Can you see where that is headed? Ask @plaeton about his ideas on energy and see how far off they can go.

Actually, ask your cheer-leader and the resident expert on telekinesis, @uyi, for more info on scientific research into spirituality, reincarnation blah blah. He probably has read (and not understood anything at all, so you should get along just fine) gigabytes of info on the topic.

^^^^ See all the above? All......scientific. You can argue about how scientific, label some pseudoscientific, justifiably so even, but it doesn't change the fact that it's adherents believe there is a natural explanation for these phenomena which they believe may exist.

If I time-travelled a hundred years into the past with my ipad, guess what, natives then would definitely consider me supernatural. In actuality, they simply would be...ignorant of the working of an ipad. That's it. What 'atheistic' proponents of these phenomena hold is that they are natural, we just don't know how they work. You, on the other hand, my good ser, think the laws of physics are void because, well, baba lawo. Suddenly I'm faster than Bolt... I wonder where these bullet proof vests where when a few hundred oyinbo was enslaving our ancestors by the thousands using physics? Abi said ancestors did not pray hard enough

Also note this, 'atheistic' proponents of these beliefs are not necessarily subscribing to the religious aspects, but they do subscribe to the philosophy. For instance, some looking for peace of mind, instead of saying so he'd say he's searching for 'nirvana', etc etc. Why do you think I linked you to great_genius? Basically a pantheist at best, but his language and what not make him sound like some sort of religious nut. This is even neglecting the amount of flexibility these beliefs around, buddhism and hinduism for instance are well known to be capable of being customized to fit the world view of each adherent.

And your stoopidity about strawmen, do you even know what they are? When I initially made the statement about your not being an atheist, exactly why do you think I did so? Because of the statements you had not yet made on this thread? Bros, I don't have jazz capable of seeing into the future.

Ok, I'm off to google the race where you beat usein bolt using spiritual power.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by UyiIredia(m): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
^^^This douchebag $*it in his pant, as usual, came here to barf about, not faff, and goes off less sane, as expected.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by wiegraf: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^This douchebag $*it in his pant, as usual, came here to barf about, not faff, and goes off less sane, as expected.

It didn't even take me ~2 posts
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by SeaSalt: 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Someone is blind or probably cant read or maybe lost his thinking cap.....did I request for any prove in my post directed to you? This guy sucks
You asked questions and you answered. If it too much for ya, read it all again with deep breathe.
I didn't ask you about miracle, supernaturals or something. If you want talk on that, get on another thread or create one

I have come to realise that answering you guys is such a waste of precious time. FOLYKAZE, you say Jesus Christ was a figment of imagination? Aren't you such a joke? A.D. was named after who? B.C. was named after who? Ignorance is truly terrible! With countless numbers of transformed or truly changed lives, you can dare conclude that He doesn't exist? You carry a tiny cranium (like any other human being) and are so eager to conclude that someone like Jesus Christ doesn't exist? You're even worse than an atheist! How can you see facts all around you and still conclude that Jesus Christ never existed? That is like an insult on human history.

Anyway, that is your cup of chocolate. For me, He's more real than my own skin and He talks to and with me all the time. Before things happen, He reveals them to me and He's the most loving and caring Person I've ever known. When you come to the end yourself in all your life's troubles, He will be there to help you, all you need to do is call upon Him and He will be there to lift you up.

Sorry, I won't have the time to come and answer you or anything of such.

All the Best!

1 Like

Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by ooman(m): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2013
^^^that is according to the christian calender, which is all myths btw. In the secular world, we dont use AD and BC, we read down till the first century, then up from the first century, so calm down.
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 03, 2013
ooman: ^^^that is according to the christian calender, which is all myths btw. In the secular world, we dont use AD and BC, we read down till the first century, then up from the first century, so calm down.

The number of times I hear that argument as proof of Jesus' existence.. undecided
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by ooman(m): 7:25am On Oct 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

The number of times I hear that argument as proof of Jesus' existence.. undecided

And the calender is not even accurate. Its mostly approximations, from the time ancient Rome accepted christianity, not from the time of the birth of Jesus, his birth date cannot really be known(if he was ever born), so its partially political (for the Romans), not completely religious. So this deluded christians live in their own deluded world... its a shame...
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by dj5naira(m): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
STOP SCREAMING!!!!
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by holypower(m): 11:30am On Jan 09, 2014
The name of the LORD is as strong tower, the righteous run into it and they are save. praise The LORD GOD of Heaven... Thank You Father, Son and the Holyspirit
Re: I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! by Ishilove: 9:04am On Dec 30, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

Sorry lady, you picked on the surface. Go get the clearer picture....this is not about killing. Lol
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Behold, I Am The Lord Of All Flesh: Is The Anything Too Hard For Me. / Is Church Attendance Compulsory? / This Is Getting More Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.