Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,882 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68214 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Neaman(m): 9:27am On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time: Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!

^^^^^^^^
I Still maintain that PEJ has no moral justification to talk back at the Prof. Her only portfolio is being the wife of the president. Soyinka has achieved a lot and demands respect. He is one of our national icons and a gift to this nation. He commands more respect outside the shores of this country than PEJ can ever get so she should be the one to zip it... IMO

Of what use is a Salt if it has lost its values (your prof has lost his respect through his unguarded speeches recently.)
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by fasa2020(m): 9:27am On Jul 13, 2013
Ola Johnson: I pity the youths of this generation. When WS was our age he stood against bad government, but it's unfortunate in a faceless forum we can't speak against bad government. WS has paid his prize it's now left for you to choose where you stand in today's Nigeria. But, remember that your time and my time will pass, but our deeds will speak volume of us.

How i wish they all read this before getting paid to post on nairaland sad

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 13, 2013
amarral: I concur
I won't pity you when you start crying tomorrow.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Tafee(m): 9:27am On Jul 13, 2013
utumunta: He who descends into an arena of conflict cannot avoid the dust of encounter. Soyinka has elected to suffer from diarrhea of the mouth, in recent times, and the sacred garb of dignity that has shielded him over the years has given way.
The mudslinging had just begun and it tends to be more interesting than the barbaric disposition of Hon Lloyd and co at the Rivers assembly complex.
I expect a rejoinder from the egg-head soon.
foooooool u are not communicating
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by CpDroitz(m): 9:27am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
dat one come give am the leeway to run him mouth
mr man:
being the first lady doesnt mean 1 cant addres her when she as a lady is pokenosing into mens afairs when she should be the 1 to creat peace 4 the nations
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by project8(m): 9:30am On Jul 13, 2013
Abeg my hear word jare! My Bend if na PEJ compose this writeup.
Hehheheheeheh I laugh in itsekiri.so she don finally graduate frm her adult English class and wan come display am for Father of modern English literature,hhahahahaah ,mumy abi na anti expect Atomic rebrutal frm d prof.stay tuned guys.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by gidig(m): 9:30am On Jul 13, 2013
And to all of you that always reduce every discussion criticizing GEJ to an ethnic thing, where were you all when a Pan- Nigerian group of activist marched against the police in order to have GEJ installed as the president, when Yar Adua didnt come back to Nigeria as expected? Suddenly, he is now a regional leader that must be defended at all cost, even when he is doing wrong.

I see a GEJ that sits in an office that is clearly above his capability and he has not been wise enough to disregard stupid
counsel from self serving people. When OBJ was the president, his worst critics were from the so called South West Yoruba axis. Every election, he loses even his ward to opposition parties! That is the Yoruba for you. I want to believe that some of the imbecilic comments I read here from people who claim to be from the South South is not representative of who the true South South people are.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bestview: 9:31am On Jul 13, 2013
[s]
Akell:
The truth of the matter is: you don't live up to your name. it shd be 'bad/ worst view' cus you haven't demonstrated any iota of civility here.
You shd be aware that Soyinka and Achebe are two distinct personalities: Soyinka is the first black man to achieve the nobel laurette. Besides, the one is a public figure while the other is not.
[/s]

Who is the Africa's most influential celebrity and who is also the father of modern African literature? Achebe is a worldwide household name for positive things..go figure

The world will remember each and everyone of them by their works. While Achebe will be remember for affecting millions around the world positively through his work.

Soyenka on the other side of the coin will be remembered for campus cultism and killing of millions through campus war etc.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by DIVINE78: 9:32am On Jul 13, 2013
bestview:

GBAM..it will start and end in yuroba land. Don't bother to reply that silly old fool next time, since his clownish governor joined the amala politics, he has taken on siding them. Let hime continue because we don't really regard nor reckon on them.

It will not even reach Edo state talk more of getting to Onitsha Bridge. We will send them back with their dirty amala protest. Cowards!!!!!
I laugh in Tiv. Let me help you, fasten your belt;
Ojukwu would be the first commander to dessert his soldier and fled in the midst of a raging war!!! He has that record to his credit. Coward!!!
At death he bequeathed all his asset to a daughter born out of wedlock for him be an hausa man and left his igbo first born, a son, with nothing, not even a shoe lace. Hypocrite.
Hope this helps.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Akell(m): 9:33am On Jul 13, 2013
amarral: nobody is perfect. Soyinka should know dat his literary prowess has limitations.by d way Is he into academics or politics.
Does Being into academics mean u shdnt comment on issues anymore?
You really need to slow down. Lemme ask: What is the essence of education? The prof ain't like you who, after education, confine yourself...

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bestview: 9:33am On Jul 13, 2013
[s]
DIVINE78:
I laugh in Tiv. Let me help you, fasten your belt;
Ojukwu would be the first commander to dessert his soldier and fled in the midst of a raging war!!! He has that record to his credit. Coward!!!
At death he bequeathed all his asset to a daughter born out of wedlock for him be an hausa man and left his igbo first born, a son, with nothing, not even a shoe lace. Hypocrite.
Hope this helps.
[/s]

INCOHERENCY AND TRASH NEXT..

MARK: 0/10
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Billionaires: 9:34am On Jul 13, 2013
Wole Soyinka introduced Pirates Fraternity to Nigerian Campuses, and Pirates Cult has been responsible for thousands of deaths of Nigerian Students in the past.

The Professor has married 3 times and divorced 3 times, evidently, no woman can put up with his lifestyle. I guess excess sperm can make the man senile at old age. His hate for his ex-wives has made him insult every woman that crosses his path.

By insulting my First Lady, you have permitted me to insult you my bearded old hero. Henceforth, you are no more my hero for insulting a woman, it is not customary for a man to throw a jibe at a woman, not where I come from.

WOLE SOYINKA keeps quiet when the President sleeplessly renovate our airports, construct our roads, hunt for loans to improve of infrastructures but arrange a world press conference to insult someone's wife. I would feel terribly bad, if I was Jonathan, cos no one can insult my lady without receiving a silver slap in the face, but this President has been too nice, its the reason a political cockroach like Amaechi is still breathing. Time will tell.

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by sultanemerald(m): 9:34am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:

“Otherwise, who would have believed that the social, civil, constitutional and sundry rights crusader Prof. would maintain a safe distance from the heart of an activity that is a potential threat to the peace, security and safety of the people of a state, then collect exaggerated stories and jaundiced perspectives from familiar propagandists and character assassins, and promptly summon the media to a “state of the nation” address.
“It’s an embarrassment to his throng of admirers and followers, that a sage of Prof. Soyinka’s status, who used to be a gauge of public morality in this nation, would lend himself to a propaganda of high drive, to save a governor who elected to launch into a river without applicable survival skills.”

dude just shut up and be reasonable. lok at her choice of words "into an ocean without survival skills" "clear underdog". what does this suggest? since mrs jonathan is not the architwct of all the wahala. why such utterances?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by duni04(m): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2013
Ola Johnson: I pity the youths of this generation. When WS was our age he stood against bad government, but it's unfortunate in a faceless forum we can't speak against bad government. WS has paid his prize it's now left for you to choose where you stand in today's Nigeria. But, remember that your time and my time will pass, but our deeds will speak volume of us.
Don't mind the i-diots. They've turned it into a tribal thing. I wonder why people from the SE and SS find it difficult to seperate tribal sympathies from individual objectivity. Its very very shameful!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by TeenageMoney(m): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2013
Dat man dey take pass as he fit chew.... Let him go and sit down. He is not the 1st Literate man In Nigeria and wont be the Last.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by justhelp(m): 9:36am On Jul 13, 2013
bestview: This is a welcome development. Who is Soyenka in the first instance?

Was he Achebe- the father of modern African literature or Africa's most influential celebrity?

Soyenka should be cut to size by all means necessary, afterwards the campus cultism that is the bane of Nigerian universities today is the sole invention of that guy who claim holier than thou.

If you agree that Soyenka should be tamed: CLICK YES

if wole soyinka is nobody in Nigeria then who is your father and your great grand father. You are sick
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by emmydee(m): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2013
chukwuma.fabian:

Oga pls can pls educate me, at what point was d governor told he coudnt pass tru some roads and biko, who told him dat. It amazes me how some of u sit at d convenience of ur homes and tell storyz of wat u don't knw. and how does all dis story u v told indict d first lady of bn involve in d brouhaha in d house of assembly. Egu di kwa

Do you read at all? Do you need to be in Aso Rock to accept a published report credited to that office? Anyway,try go 4 a check up @ yabaleftside!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by tareigns(m): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2013
tokunboh: I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!
. GUY U MUMU O. U sure say brain dey dat ur skull?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 9:38am On Jul 13, 2013
harlos: Why did they unzipped dis woman's mouth, she no suppose to dey talk angry
who tell you say na patience talk am?na who go borrow am those big big oyinbo?you wan kill am?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by stepone(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2013
EmperorSeal: who cares what you maintain? who cares what soyinka has achieved? and who says its easy to be a president's wife? Go ask Buhari's wife why are husband openly wept when he noticed he was looking out in 2011. The useless cultist deserve no respect, here is the man who has no moral standing, a man who worked for corrupt government in the past and also took part in the corruption debacle. He who goes to equity most go with clean hands

With dis ur comment, I see reasons why your Wife will use ur office to insult ur worker or colleague.

What power has the First Lady(Patient) possess by using the office of the President office to distort the peace of another state office?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by PStacks(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2013
tokunboh: I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!

That is the problem we are talking about..
Nigeria is a Forced Marriage, I don't even believe in Marriages not to talk of a Forced one, if Ibo people don't have respect, in the part of the country where I come from, we have Respect as part of our culture, we Respect our Elders, we respect Achievers, we Respect Noble Laureates.

Give me one reason why I should respect Patience, Academically, she can't stand the prof, socially she's not accepted, age wise, the professor is older. Professor wole soyinka has been from time immemorial and fought the military regime to its knees, patience is enjoying from profs labour today and decides to insult a Noble Prof! My God! Wonders they say shall never end..

Nigeria is a Forced marriage.
The North wants Boko Haram, let them give them boko haram.

The S/E wants their Oil revenue or hold d country militantly, let them give them.

We in the South/West are Progressive minded, let them leave us to be..

Everyday I preach one Nigeria not because its convinient for me.

Iet them leave everybody to be, so we can know peace..
The North is hot,
Rivers state has plunged into it,

Pls and pls, let the 1st lady not bring the S/W into this already volatile and tensed Nigeria oo, Cos in the S/W we respect our leaders a lot, not even when there are hard facts as to what happened in Rivers state..

Bipi said Patience Jonathan is her Jesus christ,
Bipi is at the center of the Rivers crisis,
Bipi asked them to shoot rotimi Amechi,
I even heard but I'm not sure, but the said Bipi is Patience's younger brother.
Patience travelled to Rivers state and after the left, d state plunged with Bipi in the middle,
Patience has scolded Rotimi Amechi in public B4, so all this added up to why the Elder statesman had to lend his voice, like he lended a voice when nobody could talk under the dreaded General Sanni Abacha.

Even if the Prof seems to have taken side, even if the Prof is wrong. Patience is d least of people to talk to the prof in such manner.

We take resentment to this in the S/W and we demand she tenders an immediate apology.

We are simple in the S/W but our simplycity should be taken for Stupidity.

If not For Nairaland, a Forum created by a Progressive mind from the south/West.. Seun Osewa created this forum, and you external body from wherever would never hav know what an online forum looks like not to talk of commenting rubbish on such forums..

doesn't Edwin Clark come to talk rubbish everyday "Our Son" does anybody insult him? We let it be, u come here and insult a whole Prof... Ah! OMG!
Nigeria is lossing it. Nigeria is fast plunging.

Everybody is loosing their minds, pls don't let the S/W loose theirs.

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2013
I pray for Revolution. *some cockroach needs to die* you only run ur Mouths on forums.............coward Nigerian youth....let the revolution begins.......Hgggggh
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2013
justhelp: if wole soyinka is nobody in Nigeria then who is your father and your great grand father. You are sick
he is more than sick
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by comrChris(m): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2013
magaliyu: i pity this woman and her husband,
a tout lyk u s pitying sb,infact u r a disgrace
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by adeyemik: 9:40am On Jul 13, 2013
Obama had problem with the republicans for a long time, Michel Obama was never quoted to have said a word against any of the republican senators. Blair had a running battle with the house, his wife was never quoted to said a word against the house oppositions. For the 18 months l stayed in Ghana, during the term of President John Kufor, his wife was never in the public domain misusing state's resources and causing or instigating mayhem. In Kenya when President Kibaki and the opposition leader Odinga had a serious misunderstanding, their wives were never seem in the public domain Aggravating the tension. In Nigeria, during the Abatcha and June 12 wahala, Mrs. Maryam Abatcha, was not seem going after the oppositions wives and children to make the scores even.

President GEJ must curtail the excesses of his wife, she should be stopped from foraying into political and state matters. She must take a clue and emulate other first ladies.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Akell(m): 9:41am On Jul 13, 2013
bestview: [s][/s]

Who is the Africa's most influential celebrity and who is also the father of modern African literature? Achebe is a worldwide household name for positive things..go figure

The world will remember each and everyone of them by their works. While Achebe will be remember for affecting millions around the world positively through his work.

Soyenka on the other side of the coin will be remembered for campus cultism and killing of millions through campus war etc.

....and Achebe would be remembered for giving the whole world a distorted view of the Nigerian Civil War in his swan song tittled 'There was a Country'
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Redhot111(m): 9:41am On Jul 13, 2013
pek: whatever the case, what I will love to see is Patience Jonathan vs Soyinka in a live televised argument!
did just say dis to make us laff? Patience no go try am oo
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by comrChris(m): 9:41am On Jul 13, 2013
magaliyu: i pity this woman and her husband,
a tout lyk u s pitying sb,lnfact u r a disgrace
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Toktee(m): 9:41am On Jul 13, 2013
carzola: mayb is his white hair nd beard thats dcivin all the empty heads that support his ill-minded proposition.
Retar.d
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by chrismalik2010: 9:42am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
pity yourself undecided
pity yourself, when soyinka speaks, we think he is always right. To hell with him and his yorubas who adore him
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:44am On Jul 13, 2013

My own view is simple. Let us look beyond the messengers here.
1. It was wrong for the wife of the president who isn't elected into an office to openly oppose the Governor of Rivers State at Okrika local government.

2. The security detail she had at PH in her last visit to Port-Harcourt was too much especially for someone who isn't in an elected position.

3. PEJ's remark talking about Port-Harcourt being returned to its glory days shows her disgust for Gov. Amaechi publicly.

I think it is wrong for the first lady to act in this manner.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by jasper7(m): 9:44am On Jul 13, 2013
PEJ is an embarrassment to Nigeria and will remain an Embarrassment to the good women of Nigeria. Anybody with brains wud see that she's the one behind all the problem in Rivers state. Who sent her to PH city in the middle of the Amaechi bruhaha This woman is a flop of a President's wife. Her and whether na Turai or Turaya or Turaki Yar'adua. I dunno who gave them the impression that they're members of the executive. Even an L.G.A chairman constitutionally has more power than First Lady. Why can't she sit in her billion naira office and do some charity or somfin?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics / Nnamdi Kanu Shares 50-Year-Old Newspaper About Aburi Agreement (Photo) / Senator James Manager Kneeling For Ibori (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.