Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68339 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by EmperorSeal(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2013
magaliyu: i pity this woman and her husband,
I advice you pity your miserable self and mother
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time: Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!

^^^^^^^^
I Still maintain that PEJ has no moral justification to talk back at the Prof. Her only portfolio is being the wife of the president. Soyinka has achieved a lot and demands respect. He is one of our national icons and a gift to this nation. He commands more respect outside the shores of this country than PEJ can ever get so she should be the one to zip it... IMO
Say Wole Soyinka has bethrayed the confidence you have in him, not the confidence we have in him. If you are to go by what he said in his book, The Man Died, he is right to have told the President to call his wife to order. In the book he said that the dies in those that keep silent in the face of tyrany.
What the youths don't is that WS is old and will sooo leave we the youths that will suffer because of bad government are here cursing the prof.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by funnyx(m): 8:31am On Jul 13, 2013
emmydee: Has any of you actually taken time to read d profs full comments? Mrs. Jonathan is not Mr.Vice President.bt she clearly acts as a VP. Prof was speaking on the incident that took place in PH. Mrs Jonathan was in Rivers state in an unofficial,self seeking visit that lasted for 11 days,not 11 hours. And at some locations,the roads were close throughout her "reign" with full security aparatus. In fact, the Executive Governor was told that he could not pass through certain roads as a result. I mean,that's a huge insult.Can any of us take that? So comes the crises in Rivers assembly where only 5 lawmakers loyal to President & Mrs. Jonathan out of 32 tried to impeach the Speaker in a thuglike fashion. I believe that Mrs Jonathan is actually obscessed with "power" which does not exist.Now if she's bent on using that kitchen cum bedroom given power to desterbilize our society,and since it's looking like Mr. President is too busy to call madam to order, eminent nigerians have to do so. Mrs Jonathan is half educated. This is why she has failed to accept the difference btw Mr.President & Mrs. Jonathan.

Many of Patience Jonathan supporters knows the truth but due to sentiment they'll go to any length to distort the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by idupaul: 8:31am On Jul 13, 2013
I have no doubt that Patience Jonathan will meet her waterloo in the backwaters of Nigerian Politics. What a terrible woman

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by splashbaby(m): 8:31am On Jul 13, 2013
When you have a foolish husband (GEJ), an illiterate wife (PEJ) ruling over a failed state like Nigeria that is powered by so many inane supporters driven by avarice..then we are not far from anarchy...these strangers holding sway at the helms of affair in Nigeria must be removed. Minority can never rule over the majority...This disgrace is enough!

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Kcxee(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2013
Viewing this topic: igala1(m), joeblack21,
M.endowed, yabadabado, prospy04(m), Danso(m),
LORDTAY(m), obum042, 1stknight(m), grandstar(m),
Shakslayer, Danladi83, shege315, bolaige, mafiffle,
Paentera(m), solapex, johnbamy, Cute1bliss, methie
(f), reddish(f), xdjohn(m), bobothem(m), brownlord,
donroxy(m), klinsmann9(m), keemness, jemby,
CSOLUTION, williamjohn0159(m), adisa_segun, on a
good day, kazman7(m), mayorrlad(m), yamah1,
Chicent, Simon p(m), St Christina(f), Kenny4lyfe(m),
bookface, deckk, timilehin007(m), AYSISIOOOO,
metro10, adegbep(m), REZOLUTE, soladollar(m),
sarutobie(m), Waladade4luv(m), padron4(m),
ubongutioh(m), yetseyi, shayne lifa, Watch-it,
adeyemik, Jayloy, aro1(m), Tush16, walemike25(m),
Shaw007(m), b0dnel, bayulll01(m), abarry001,
Amazondepth(m), Segadem(m), Fadelex(m), urboy1,
Carlmax(m), Bleep U, Arrosoft, ayo_kenny37(m),
mankand, hasiya01(f), greaterlove, orepe,
Linoversace, Oga-@-d-top(m), bini girl(f), 2kurupt(m)
, Awofilip(m), mancheeutd(m), cyril10(m),
vanderbilt, king100(m), chi_sly, Paulaok4(f), medube
(m), Oceandrive, Sciencs(m), naijadeyhia,
Amakamax(f), arc~k1, tosbaba, bamice, Daresh(f),
alphasino, honey001(m), Valvin, denzel2009,
Bawss1(m), kITA TITA(m), domcarez, designfemi(m),
Rajosh(m), Olugbenger(m), Gbawe, personpikin, Me
omar(m), ~Bluetooth, Bereal247, jniran22, Willzkid
(m), akinobis, Rich Dad(m), olaayodele, nnenna311,
SmashingM(f), swezenberg, LastApostle(m), funnyx
(m), philips70(m), fridayiwere, adet991(f), nayef(m),
fame12k, topzdan, biafran soul, eaglechild, MEILYN
(m), saintedwards, jolselv(m), tempest01(m),
churific(m), lat4real, Chicolo(f), dolphinife,
Melancholy(m), idlatest(m), adwem2003(m), Garri
the 1st, happiiee, fababe, Rickywowoz, skyfall,
nancy1985, kokowe(m), slickrick7(m), calvin0622(m)
, marion g(m), andresia, Samuelfriday, femooo,
Rockyheight, lordf, Gialmine(f), benzine, Angel_777,
oliwaseunojo, Syncan(m), Akell(m), omeiz93,
yungmullah and 169 guest(s)

Oboy dis topic carry o see beefing
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by tellwisdom: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2013
take dat: Who cares what an hardly literate, grossly insensitive and a corrupt beyond belief woman, whom I am sure is unable to grasp the consequences of her meddling has to say. Like the Prof said, be a lady before being a first lady. cheesy

Clannish sycophants, hired hands and trash talking tools have invaded this thread trying to whitewash the image of our hippo first lady. grin

If only they knew their talk smells embarassed
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by politician(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2013
Prof outburst should have been directed at GEJ, not patience.

Men do not banter words with women and when they do, this is what you get.

Ayo wrote a good piece with dots of respect for Prof (sage, activist etc), jst defending his paycheck. I would. have done worse.

on the subject matter, the Lewis harcourt port 's show is really becoming bad market for GEJ, even Punch had to write about patience and bias report with hilarious comics on the role of gej

And I thought women are not expected to talk back at men, especially elderly ones,
oh, I forgot. it's a norm across the niger.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2013
eaglechild:
If only his mouth was SHOT we would have all had some peacee.

Mouth shot ?

Or Mouth shut. . . . . .

I'm sure you must be the best educated in your generation. Mo'r'on,stop writing stupidly !

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 13, 2013
I don't get this, why are the people from a certain tribe/region always against the Jonathans?
What has this family done wrong to you guys? Even a whole Professor in the person of Soyinka!
The longer you stay in this politics Sir, the faster you lose your respect. Or, if you are interested in any position then come out and contest like every other able man in politics.
Where are you proof that the Jonathans are responsible for the crisis in Rivers state (I asked for a proof not sentiments please)
Where was Soyinka when Lagos state was shut down because someone's mother died? Oh! maybe I do not have the knowledge that she was once a 'First Lady', of which Nation please?
If these guys can't be objective with their reason ability in criticisms, then they should just keep their cool abeg!
Well, why am I even wasting my time here when I know he wont see this note, but if it pains anyone that PEJ is Nigeria's current First Lady, then go to Abuja and de-throne her husband rather than all this character slander. How I wish someone could just sue these guys for libel, first it was Lai, then Bakare, to Falana and now Soyinka.

Kill yourselves all you want, GEJ remains on the throne till 2019.

God Bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time: Pygru I can see you are PEJ's attorney.... Keep it up but the truth must be told. Her excesses need to be checked. She is not the first "First Lady" of Nigeria. Tell PEJ that insulting and humiliating a governor in the presence of his people/ subjects is not the way to show "self acclaimed" superiority (Okrika incident). Just one of the points being pointed out by Soyinka out of hundreds. Enjoy Pygru in your defence.

Oh please!! Wasn't she strongly cautioned/castigated by the President after that incident?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2013
They thought him to be a PUPPET in the hands of the northern power play.

Destiny smiles, and they called him SLOWPOKE...

As a democrat...they called him CLUELESS because of his knack for rule of law.

Some took him for a weakling, others pokes at him and even rascals took on him for being a gentleman of humility.

Today he has worn the garb of an average Nigerian politician and people have started calling him RETARDEEEN!

With little accumulated thieving, these our Niger Delta politicians are always very arrogant. Let them take a cue from their northern counterparts the lessons of humility and follow follow.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 13, 2013
splashbaby: When you have a foolish husband (GEJ), an illiterate wife (PEJ) ruling over a failed state like Nigeria that is powered by so many inane supporters driven by avarice..then we are not far from anarchy...these strangers holding sway at the helms of affair in Nigeria must be removed. Minority can never rule over the majority...This disgrace is enough!

This is awesome ! cool cool

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by korebobo(m): 8:36am On Jul 13, 2013
tokunboh: I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!
if he zips up, would u speak out? what constitutional role dos a 1st lady v n y shld she lock up a city denying d governor access? I feel u dnt want a nation that can bring rest of mind to ur future generations n u r totally embedded in supporting immoral practices. please,dnt just reason shallow, reason for d future.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by chukwumafabian(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2013
emmydee: Has any of you actually taken time to read d profs full comments? Mrs. Jonathan is not Mr.Vice President.bt she clearly acts as a VP. Prof was speaking on the incident that took place in PH. Mrs Jonathan was in Rivers state in an unofficial,self seeking visit that lasted for 11 days,not 11 hours. And at some locations,the roads were close throughout her "reign" with full security aparatus. In fact, the Executive Governor was told that he could not pass through certain roads as a result. I mean,that's a huge insult.Can any of us take that? So comes the crises in Rivers assembly where only 5 lawmakers loyal to President & Mrs. Jonathan out of 32 tried to impeach the Speaker in a thuglike fashion. I believe that Mrs Jonathan is actually obscessed with "power" which does not exist.Now if she's bent on using that kitchen cum bedroom given power to desterbilize our society,and since it's looking like Mr. President is too busy to call madam to order, eminent nigerians have to do so. Mrs Jonathan is half educated. This is why she has failed to accept the difference btw Mr.President & Mrs. Jonathan.
Oga pls can pls educate me, at what point was d governor told he coudnt pass tru some roads and biko, who told him dat. It amazes me how some of u sit at d convenience of ur homes and tell storyz of wat u don't knw. and how does all dis story u v told indict d first lady of bn involve in d brouhaha in d house of assembly. Egu di kwa
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 13, 2013
Gabbysky: I don't get this, why are the people from a certain tribe/region always against the Jonathans?
What has this family done wrong to you guys? Even a whole Professor in the person of Soyinka!
The longer you stay in this politics Sir, the faster you lose your respect. Or, if you are interested in any position then come out and contest like every other able man in politics.
Where are you proof that the Jonathans are responsible for the crisis in Rivers state (I asked for a proof not sentiments please)
Where was Soyinka when Lagos state was shut down because someone's mother died? Oh! maybe I do not have the knowledge that she was once a 'First Lady', of which Nation please?
If these guys can't be objective with their reason ability in criticisms, then they should just keep their cool abeg!
Well, why am I even wasting my time here when I know he wont see this note, but if it pains anyone that PEJ is Nigeria's current First Lady, then go to Abuja and de-throne her husband rather than all this character slander. How I wish someone could just sue these guys for libel, first it was Lai, then Bakare, to Falana and now Soyinka.

Kill yourselves all you want, GEJ remains on the throne till 2019.

God Bless Nigeria!

Did soyinka not challenge obj when he was misruling Nigeria ? Fuckingtribalist

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2013
mrakin: I am not happy with some of the comments here. Anyway, those are opinions.
In the first place, nobody voted for the first lady. She therefore has no right to disturb the peace of ordinary citizens for ten days. There are ways she can conduct state visits without heavy fun-fair of security and road closure/barricade. UK's PM often walks from home to office without disturbing the public.
All those talking back at prof are not sincerely speaking the truth about how things should be done. They should look for respectable elders in their families who will not compromise the truth.

Care to explain how PEJ disturbs the peace? And please back up your claims with facts/proof. Thank you.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by EmperorSeal(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time: Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!

^^^^^^^^
I Still maintain that PEJ has no moral justification to talk back at the Prof. Her only portfolio is being the wife of the president. Soyinka has achieved a lot and demands respect. He is one of our national icons and a gift to this nation. He commands more respect outside the shores of this country than PEJ can ever get so she should be the one to zip it... IMO
who cares what you maintain? who cares what soyinka has achieved? and who says its easy to be a president's wife? Go ask Buhari's wife why are husband openly wept when he noticed he was looking out in 2011. The useless cultist deserve no respect, here is the man who has no moral standing, a man who worked for corrupt government in the past and also took part in the corruption debacle. He who goes to equity most go with clean hands

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by nairaman66(m): 8:39am On Jul 13, 2013
I am shocked this Hippo of a lady has the guts to issue a statement in WS regard. She has always been a disgrace right from the on set. PEJ is now a decorum of foolish talk and absurd ludicrousness! What a couple.. embarassed
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Willzkid(m): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2013
eaglechild:
This is not a fetish thread for witches and wizards which apparently abound in your clan.
Nobody is above mistake and that includes your demigod.
Who is dis one again?
Did you not hear your godfather BIPI say that PEJ is his "jesus" on earth?
Who now panders to a demi-god?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by swezenberg(m): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2013
funnyx:

See your life in the open cheesy grin

Just like his heroine PEJ. 'Erected president' laugh no go kill me for naija

eaglechild:
If only his mouth was SHOT we would have all had some peacee.

Another PEJ sympathizer. Why are all of them like PEJ? Mouth shot again. Well a sheep can not give birth to a wolf
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Akell(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2013
on a good day:

if the basis of your judgement as i can see is based on portfolio,then it is such a myopic view,don't forget that soyinka has caused much harm than good to this nation,through introduction of sea dogs and subsequently other ppl took after him,and don't even give me that crap that it is not his intention blah blah blah....unless u r one of them,soyinka should learn to respect a constituted authority and thread with caution

what is the CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY if I may ask? Seems you are oblivious of the fact that the president's wife has no official position in our constitution.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 13, 2013
chukwuma.fabian:

Oga pls can pls educate me, at what point was d governor told he coudnt pass tru some roads and biko, who told him dat. It amazes me how some of u sit at d convenience of ur homes and tell storyz of wat u don't knw. and how does all dis story u v told indict d first lady of bn involve in d brouhaha in d house of assembly. Egu di kwa

I don't understand. . .Why are patience bootlickers having issues with construction of simple sentences ? Look at the nonsense this mo'r'on wrote up here. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by zinosleek(m): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2013
Of all d leader this country has had, i have not seen a first lady so set on destruction like this. No wonder Nigeria is in such a state of decay.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Gialmine(f): 8:43am On Jul 13, 2013
olayiwola-aims:
With all this response on prof by fellow NL..I just realise that this country has no where to go than to sink.. Whts d different btw u guyz and PEJ?...and who the hell is PEJ to b talking to a whole Nobel laureate...smh ..
Ola Johnson:
Say Wole Soyinka has bethrayed the confidence you have in him, not the confidence we have in him. If you are to go by what he said in his book, The Man Died, he is right to have told the President to call his wife to order. In the book he said that the dies in those that keep silent in the face of tyrany.
What the youths don't is that WS is old and will sooo leave we the youths that will suffer because of bad government are here cursing the prof.
Akell:
GBAMX'!!!

it's crystal clear u are a deranged person. Must you attack a whole tribe cus of an individual? From the tone of ur statement, it shows you're being jealous of the yorubas. You envy them cus they're the most educated in the country. Better join the roller coaster or get crushed....
Wagbayiiiiiiii!!!
deleola: We shld not forget that Wole Soyinka had always spoken his mind right from the military regime. So, the is patience that he cant talk to. The woman is too forward. Make she carry that her big belle go siddowm one place.
Tell them Ooº°˚ ˚°º `° !
funnyx:

See your life in the open cheesy grin
LMAO!!!!
Wat if WS writes a book; critizing GEJ and her doll...would ya tonguelash him?
FOR GOODNESS SAKE, he is a talented writer! He knows what is what! He could make mistakes thou...but he is not mistaken abt what he THINKS abt Dame nd GEJ!
U can't expect him to Zip up his mouth when this nation is being ruled by some dummy!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Redhot111(m): 8:43am On Jul 13, 2013
Patience! Patience! Patience! Hw many times did I call u? I want u to understand dat u r tlkin to a renowned professor, 1 of its kind in Naija. Den again. U must also understand dat u didn't go tru second skool 4 reasons best known to u. Den finally u must understand dat small pikin no knw who dey Bleep him mama so he refers to him as "dat broda wey dey giv me 10 10 naira". Patience don't 4get dat sooner u will vacate wat eva position u tink u occupy nw. Like bob marley said "evry day da bucket goes to well, but 1 day bottom of it will go off".
Beside, if u say my prof is a disgrace to his followers den wat r u to Naija? I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by striker9(m): 8:44am On Jul 13, 2013
If WS is an embarrassment to his admirers,then PEJ is a big disgrace to the people of Nigeria.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by hayubee(m): 8:44am On Jul 13, 2013
Wat an elderly man sees while sitting on his stool a boy cannot see it while standing even if he climbes a mango tree

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ghettodreamz(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2013
cry cry cry cry

What should we expect ?

From a country where politics has turned to business, good are seen as bad and vice-versa.

My fellow country-men, is there still hope for us and the future of Nigeria as a nation?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by korebobo(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Mouth shot ?

Or Mouth shut. . . . . .

I'm sure you must be the best educated in your generation. Mo'r'on,stop writing stupidly !
he definately attended d same school with patience...
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 13, 2013
urboy1:

Grow up Son

Grow down father.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by paulchucks: 8:46am On Jul 13, 2013
im begining to tate this woman and her husband because of this issue she is now becoming so arrogant MIND YOU THOSE SUPPORTING HER ARE THOSE USELESS 40 LAPTOP BOYS WITHOUT CONSCIENCE if not who pej to soyinka

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Congratulates Ahmad Lawan / American Blasts Nigerian Uber Driver For Hating On Trump, Calls Nigeria “trash” / Nnamdi Kanu Shares 50-Year-Old Newspaper About Aburi Agreement (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.