Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together (51478 Views)

Dangote Settles Olamide & Donjazzy Beef, As Olamide Prostrates Before Don- Laila / Davido And Wizkid Performed Together At Rémy Martin Allstar Grand Finale In LAG / Wizkid And Davido Performed Together On Stage, First And Only Time (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by GodswillAJudins(m): 4:44am On Jul 13, 2013
Star singer Ayo Balogun aka Wizkid recently displayed the highest level of respect to veteran musician King Sunny Ade, KSA.

This happened in Victoria Island, Lagos about 2 weeks ago as the two are about to perform together on stage at the Ebony TV launch.

Wizzy knows how to show respect to his elders. Nice one!
http://naijagists.com/wizkid-prostrates-to-greet-king-sunny-ade-on-stage-as-they-performed-together-photo/

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 13, 2013
Before nko? We don't breed Bipi's here!

97 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by slimyem: 6:07am On Jul 13, 2013
That not strange at all. Omo yoruba to ni laakaye ni. cool
Greeting elders appropriately is a big deal in our culture and Sunny Ade is more than an elder.. his "grandfather" literarily and in music cool

51 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Airforce1(m): 6:20am On Jul 13, 2013
I like king sunny ade's dressing n this picture

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by ceospecial(m): 6:35am On Jul 13, 2013
No! E for Stand shake am... Mtchew! As if u don't know yoruba tradition... Which kind useless thread be this? angry angry angry

24 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by mrman2(m): 7:02am On Jul 13, 2013
He wants to live long ni.

8 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by mrdoubled(m): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2013
a legend is always one.
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by gunuvi(m): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2013
smartchoice: Before nko? We don't breed Bipi's here!
No its Chidi Lyod you breed there abi?

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by dridowu: 7:53am On Jul 13, 2013
Omo ti o ba mo owo we a ba agba jeun ( the small child that knows how to wash his hand will eat with the elders )

8 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 13, 2013
Lol well we can retaliate but not like touts though!
But was he a professional cricketer?
gunuvi:
No its Chidi Lyod you breed there abi?

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Dosoq(f): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2013
wat do u expect from a well-trained yoruba boy? we r nt dos dt wakes deir father with kick,.....yorubas r known 4 showing regards n respect 2 elderly 1s

19 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by ShyDare(m): 9:08am On Jul 13, 2013
Is he gona stand and greet an elder ? What a thread !

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by DoffMan2: 9:41am On Jul 13, 2013
mr_man: He wants to live long ni.

Nonsense eye service!

Is sunny Ade a god?

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Jeezyy(m): 9:57am On Jul 13, 2013
Can Davido(o.b.o) do this?

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by thorpido(m): 10:03am On Jul 13, 2013
Doff_Man:

Nonsense eye service!

Is sunny Ade a god?
you hear am talk say na god?Leave people culture for dem if u no get.

31 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by flobby57(m): 10:05am On Jul 13, 2013
Thats what's expected of him as a grandson to king sunny Ade cos the man is a grandfather he is close to seventy years think is older than whiz kid parents and Yoruba culture and heritage demands that from a younger one to someone who is old enough to give birth to you (your parents contemporaries)
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by DoffMan2: 10:21am On Jul 13, 2013
thorpido: you hear am talk say na god?Leave people culture for dem if u no get.

Stop talking rubbish. Every tribe has a culture; good or bad. I've had to grovel like that in traditional wedding setting where I can understand its symbolic and tongue-in-cheek, and trust me, I did it with gusto! wink But to have to do it on a daily basis

Culture aside, what sort of person would require younger ones to constantly grovel in front of them to make them feel good and boost their ego? Where has centuries of grovelling got us to in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Bofemsky(f): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2013
Before nko? This one is no news, this Nigeria and Yoruba in particular. The culture demands the younger one to greet the older one this way

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Chinwem(f): 10:37am On Jul 13, 2013
If he wants to prostrate he should prostrate well.......or is he doing push-ups?

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by johnstar(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2013
ceospecial: No! E for Stand shake am... Mtchew! As if u don't know yoruba tradition... Which kind useless thread be this? angry angry angry
taaa, wetn, knw b every yoruba fit do am na, shay ur davido fit do am ni, dat kid undecided

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by thorpido(m): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
Doff_Man:

Stop talking rubbish. Every tribe has a culture; good or bad. I've had to grovel like that in traditional wedding setting where I can understand its symbolic and tongue-in-cheek, and trust me, I did it with gusto! wink But to have to do it on a daily basis

Culture aside, what sort of person would require younger ones to constantly grovel in front of them to make them feel good and boost their ego? Where has centuries of grovelling got us to in Nigeria?
You say I'm talking rubbish yet you're showing ignorance.Back in the days you greeted an elder this way EVERYDAY.Moreover,I'm sure u know he doesn't see KSA everyday.

9 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by tomzman: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
So? Op, were you expecting him to stretch his hand to shake KSA? Thats the normal thing in Yoruba culture so there is not much to it. I however commend wizkid's humility.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Ranchhoddas: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
Doff_Man:

kai...u have to grovel so that when u become an elder people will do same.i am sure KSA grovelled when he was younger

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hin for ask KSA to chop knuckle... Since postrating seem like a huge deal for the OP
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Temismith(f): 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
Is dat how to dobale? Watever is worth doing atall, is worth doin well. Anyway u try sha, atall atall na im bad.undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by GodswillAJudins(m): 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
tomzman: So? Op, were you expecting him to stretch his hand to shake KSA? Thats the normal thing in Yoruba culture so there is not much to it. I however commend wizkid's humility.

Am also a yoruba dude so know about the cultures.
U knw most of the yoruba or even naija as a whole young celebs usually gets carried away by their fame and don't even show humility to their elders. U may say its not a big deal but to many young celeb unlike Wizkid its sure a big deal to some.

Pls to those saying blablabla about the thread Idont see the reason while u should be here or even comment ya rubbish here. And those yoruba dudes that are claiming its nt a big deal because their culture, when last have u dne that to ya elders. Apart frm the the normal tilting of ya head down and greet?

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by GodswillAJudins(m): 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
uniqueval: Hin for ask KSA to chop knuckle... Since postrating seem like a huge deal for the OP

Its surely a big deal to most young celebs cos of the fame makes em to lack humility to their elders instead they rather show it to punny. Lol

And I commend starboy for showing such a high level of respect to KSA.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
This will make FP embarassed
Re: Wizkid Prostrates To King Sunny Ade On Stage as they performed together by dasparrow: 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
@Post

Wizkid is just showing respect as his culture demands.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tope Adeniji Celebrates Her Birthday At Silverbird (Photos) / Selena Leath, Runtown's Baby Mama Looking Like Kim Kardashian / Nathaniel Bassey And Sarah Bassey, His Wife Cover Media Room Hub Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.