Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu (2357 Views)

Babangida Aliyu Asked To Refund N3bn He Allegedly Looted From Niger / Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe / Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by tjfulloption(m): 9:26am On Jul 13, 2013
In Minna, Niger State, Governor Aliyu lamented the crisis in Rivers State, saying what was on the ground indicated that the Commissioner of Police was now the governor of of the state.

Aliyu, who received the Commissioner for Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission, Ambassador Zubairu Dada, at the Government House, said, “You saw what is happening in Rivers State? A Commissioner of Police has now become the Governor of Rivers State. Is that the image we want the world to look out to?

The governor, who is also the chairman of Northern States Governors’ Forum, recalled that since he became his state’s chief executive, “there has not been a Police Council Meeting.”

According to him, the PCM is supposed to “decide the appointment of Police Commissioners and their deployment.”

He therefore called for a reduction of the funds and powers available to the Federal Government because it(Federal Government) had no business in the provision of health, water, agriculture and education.

“There is too much money at the centre for the Federal Government to spend and that is why they are creating problems for the states, “ Aliyu advised.

Pointing out that Nigeria was in a bad shape, he claimed that nobody knows the amount of oil the country produces.

Culled: Osun Defender

1 Like

Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Toktee(m): 10:00am On Jul 13, 2013
That is the truth,the cp has become the governor of the state with five members that made up the state house of assembly.
Now the educated foools here will start insulting aliyu babangida without looking at the issues raised,,,,it is only illitrates like those on this forum that can be against a governor who the president,the wife,akpabio,tukur and bipi with his four members are trying seriously to remove by unconstitutional means,,,but before you insult me be kind to mention ameachi sins to pdp beginning from the day his name was substituted after winning primary election to date,if you dnt have any,pls park well

4 Likes

Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Eazeee(m): 10:03am On Jul 13, 2013
Crimin.a.l. All mouth without action. What hav u done for d people of Niger over d several years u hav been on seat? Dis con3 is finished wit people like Babangida @ d top. Imagine d states having control over d NPF i wonder want Amechi wil do 2 d guys opposing him after watching how his orderly was busy kicking an Honourable. We all know how Nasarawa st governor hired d police wit some imported almajiri on uniform 2 destroy a village. Imagine d governors given such power. Crimi.n.al

4 Likes

Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by launique: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2013
I dislike this jihadist
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Toktee(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2013
Eazee-e:
Crimin.a.l. All mouth without action. What hav u done for d people of Niger over d several years u hav been on seat? Dis con3 is finished wit people like Babangida @ d top. Imagine d states having control over d NPF i wonder want Amechi wil do 2 d guys opposing him after watching how his orderly was busy kicking an Honourable. We all know how Nasarawa st governor hired d police wit some imported almajiri on uniform 2 destroy a village. Imagine d governors given such power. Crimi.n.al
Giant foool,leave his achievements to us to judge not you,you are just a parasite here in the north,it is only haters of progress can say Aliyu babangida has not done well,but when you visit minna the achievements will greet you.
And do i hear you said "honourable",which one of them,the one that order police to shoot ameachi or the that claimed to be the new speaker appointed by five members?
Look like you smook weed this morning,wake up
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 13, 2013
Anything can be anything in Nigeria, provided he can waste lives and shed blood. Such a huge shame.
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Toktee(m): 10:29am On Jul 13, 2013
la_unique: I dislike this jihadist
Most you talk,by the way how was ur neco and waec exams?
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 13, 2013
Mind your own business and govern your own state you ugly frog!
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Eazeee(m): 10:46am On Jul 13, 2013
Toktee: Giant foool,leave his achievements to us to judge not you,you are just a parasite here in the north,it is only haters of progress can say Aliyu babangida has not done well,but when you visit minna the achievements will greet you.
And do i hear you said "honourable",which one of them,the one that order police to shoot ameachi or the that claimed to be the new speaker appointed by five members?
Look like you smook weed this morning,wake up

God help u its an anonymous forum. U surely cant vomit such insultive comments b4 me. I wulda mace d hell outa ur life 2 hav a feeling of what ur pro alhaji Ameachi honourable did 2 someone

3 Likes

Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Gbawe: 10:48am On Jul 13, 2013
tjfulloption: In Minna, Niger State, Governor Aliyu lamented the crisis in Rivers State, saying what was on the ground indicated that the Commissioner of Police was now the governor of of the state.

Aliyu, who received the Commissioner for Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission, Ambassador Zubairu Dada, at the Government House, said, “You saw what is happening in Rivers State? A Commissioner of Police has now become the Governor of Rivers State. Is that the image we want the world to look out to?

The governor, who is also the chairman of Northern States Governors’ Forum, recalled that since he became his state’s chief executive, “there has not been a Police Council Meeting.”

According to him, the PCM is supposed to “decide the appointment of Police Commissioners and their deployment.”

He therefore called for a reduction of the funds and powers available to the Federal Government because it(Federal Government) had no business in the provision of health, water, agriculture and education.

“There is too much money at the centre for the Federal Government to spend and that is why they are creating problems for the states, “ Aliyu advised.

Pointing out that Nigeria was in a bad shape, he claimed that nobody knows the amount of oil the country produces.

Culled: Osun Defender

Absolutely correct.

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 13, 2013
The idiat should be telling us the quantity of groundnut pyramid the north are producing not OIL.

When your northern folks was at the helms of affairs, central power was championed plus the useless federal character but now, you are insane advocating the devolution of power.

This power Wey leave una dey pepper una very well.
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by kkkp: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2013
Are u sure u are ok?
LastApostle: The idiat should be telling us the quantity of groundnut pyramid the north are producing not OIL.

When your northern folks was at the helms of affairs, central power was championed plus the useless federal character but now, you are insane advocating the devolution of power.

This power Wey leave una dey pepper una very well.
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Billionaires: 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Too much money in the hands of Federal Government ? Does this mallam know how much the American Federal Government has under IRS alone ? Most of these governors in Nigeria think they know, but they know nothing. I hope GEJ will grant us Resource Control so some governors can start planting groundnut and cocoa.
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by pistol: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
The chief servant has spoken.
This man is the definition of mediocrity.
He erects billboards for his daughters wedding.
Like someone earlier pointed out and With the state land mass,
We are supposed to be seeing groundnut pyramids and the state is supposed to be force to reckon with in agricultural production.
But what do we have ?
They have their hands stretched out,
For titbits from oil proceeds from south south via abuja.
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by pistol: 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Too much money in the hands of Federal Government ? Does this mallam know how much the American Federal Government has under IRS alone ? Most of these governors in Nigeria think they know, but they know nothing. I hope GEJ will grant us Resource Control so some governors can start planting groundnut and cocoa.

This man,
I have noticed that you have been crawling all over nairaland this morning.
Stop following me to every thread.
Don't you have something productive to do?
Don't u have a wedding or burial to attend?
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by nduchucks: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
Billionaires: Too much money in the hands of Federal Government ? Does this mallam know how much the American Federal Government has under IRS alone ? Most of these governors in Nigeria think they know, but they know nothing. I hope GEJ will grant us Resource Control so some governors can start planting groundnut and cocoa.

You are the ignorant one in this matter. The IRS you referenced above cannot spend a penny more than what Congress has appropriated to the agency. Additionally, the Federal government cannot willy nilly deep into the funds collected by the IRS, the way that GEJ and fellow thieves do. olodo
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by eagleeye2: 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
Toktee: Most you talk,by the way how was ur neco and waec exams?
Must you say, *most*?
I guess you passed both exams.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Temismith(f): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
I dey come!
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
Toto they hungry me to Bleep
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by ujchief(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
gringrin
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Toktee(m): 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Eazee-e:

God help u its an anonymous forum. U surely cant vomit such insultive comments b4 me. I wulda mace d hell outa ur life 2 hav a feeling of what ur pro alhaji Ameachi honourable did 2 someone
Hahahahaha,see an slowpoke talking,rather it is you that iz lucky cos you parasites hide behind ur techno phones and attack people that their shoes you cannot polish,i can not even seat with you talkless of xchanging words with u on d street,go get a life
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Toktee(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
Eazee-e:

Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by ujchief(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2013

In one statement, you're condemning Aliyu's stance, in another statement, you're concurring to the facts he raised.

Confused fellow.
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Toktee(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
eagle,eye:

Must you say, must?
I guess you passed both exams.
Yes i passed all of them so can you see your self now?
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by ujchief(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
Eazee-e:
Crimin.a.l. All mouth without action. What hav u done for d people of Niger over d several years u hav been on seat? Dis con3 is finished wit people like Babangida @ d top.l

Typical of an air-head! Ignore the message and attack the messenger.
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by DerideGull(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
I had rather take CP as governor of a state than the little and pigheaded despots parading themselves as governors in Nigeria today.
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by lacasa: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Frankly speaking, it's only in an animal kingdom like Nigeria that the travails in Rivers can occur kiss

#Fact
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by ochukoccna: 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ha ha ha
What a wisecrack
Made in Abuja governor with the stamp and seal of Aso Rock
Let's just hope Nigeria doesn't expire on this pungent supply of FRESH AIR before 2015
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by wirinet(m): 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
This Amaechi saga has truly exposed the contradictions of the Nigerian constitution.nIt shows a commissioner of police of a state is more powerful than a governor. A commissioner of police is not entitled to take orders from the governor and is a law unto himself in a state, and is only accountable to the IG.

All other governors better learn that their only function is to spend money allocated from abuja, nothing concerns them about the security of the state.

We need another name for our Federation. Maybe we should call it the Federal-unitary government of Nigeria. These case of the local governments are worse, at least the state governments have financial and political autonomy, the local governments are just political extensions of the state governments and rely on whips of the governor for funding.
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by KwoiZabo(m): 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
Toktee: That is the truth,the cp has become the governor of the state with five members that made up the state house of assembly.
Now the educated foools here will start insulting aliyu babangida without looking at the issues raised,,,,it is only illitrates like those on this forum that can be against a governor who the president,the wife,akpabio,tukur and bipi with his four members are trying seriously to remove by unconstitutional means,,,but before you insult me be kind to mention ameachi sins to pdp beginning from the day his name was substituted after winning primary election to date,if you dnt have any,pls park well
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by gedtalks(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
What concerns the Governor of Niger state with the happenings in Rivers state Let me open his nyash mek una see... Any attempt to mar the Image of GEJ will be fronted by a Hausa man. This stupid Hausa man has'nt said anything about Boko Haram, what disturbs him is ''the government''. Southerners, easterners and weterners open you eyes. These people are power crazy and they want to do everything possible to seat there in 2015. But it will NEVER HAPPEN. Na GEJ we know !!!
Re: RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu by Alxmyr(m): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
Another hypocrite has just spoken. This same man was oppose to creation of State Police.

Tomorrow he will tell us that he was just making noise to attract attention.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moses Otiede Engages Governor Uduaghan's Younger Sister Alero Uduaghan / Imo Gov Faces Impeachment / The 5 Reasons Why GEJ Cannot Contest In 2015 - CramJones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.