Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,386 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji (1081 Views)

Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State / Rochas And His Monumental Looting Of Imo State / Supreme Court Upholds Elections Of Rochas And Uduaghan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by mekaboy(m): 10:39am On Jul 13, 2013
The people of Anambra state should learn a lesson from what happened in rivers house of assembly. When voting for the next governor, they should not just focus on how much the candidate has to spend or promises, they should look at the character of the person.

We don't want such attitudes being displayed in anambra state.

Secondly, anambra people should vote for a leader with a vision, someone who is well exposed and thinks globally. Someone who sees and think beyond anambra state and anambra people.

You can see the likes of Rochas Okorocha and Orji, who have very little or no vision at all. Who lack leadership qualities, who still think only about their state and indigens . Fighting over local IMO and ABIA transport, while others are building bridges connecting their states to other states to increase cooperation and partnerships.

I urge ANAMBRA people on NL to ensure that we don't miss it in November. Let us put greed an selfish interest aside. And prooduce a governor that will make Alaigbo proud, instead of disgrace us over pettiness.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Dprinzcolection: 11:11am On Jul 13, 2013
Then you guys MUST vote for Charles Soludo he will transform Anambra state.
Sadly good things doesn't last in Nigeria so I doubt if he will even win his party primaries.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
Dprinzcolection: Then you guys MUST vote for Charles Soludo he will transform Anambra state.
Sadly good things doesn't last in Nigeria so I doubt if he will even win his party primaries.

My problem with Soludo is that he does not know politics.
I just came in from Onitsha, posters of aspiring candidates are everywhere.
that of Soludo is no where to be seen.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by abohrandy: 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
anoda reason why i will vote for soludo!!! spreading ur posters is not politics. its just showing the people that you are around and want to chop their money. well but chalie should come out to present himself to the pipo somehow oh!!!

and also, all this "the governor is working!!" slogans are things that i see as propaganda. u dont have to litter the whole place with your posters to show that you are working.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by IGBOSON1: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
noblezone:

My problem with Soludo is that he does not know politics.
I just came in from Onitsha, posters of aspiring candidates are everywhere.
that of Soludo is no where to be seen.

^^^Noblezone, Soludo knows 'politics'; perhaps you meant to say he doesn't know 'Nigerian politics'.....politics of noise, empty and directionless manifestos, unsightly posters defacing our towns and cities, bribes, use of thugs and threats, and politics of bizness as usual! He doesn't play this kind of politics; and as far as i'm concerned that can only be a good thing!

I trust that Anambrans are sophisticated enough to be able to differentiate between substance and godfather backed politicians or moneybags! Time isn't on our side, and we need to get the state moving (ASAP) towards it's appointed date with destiny!
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Ngwakwe: 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
Remove Imo and Abia from your analysis. The misunderstanding was settled within a week.

The Case has been closed.

mekaboy: The people of Anambra state should learn a lesson from what happened in rivers house of assembly. When voting for the next governor, they should not just focus on how much the candidate has to spend or promises, they should look at the character of the person.

We don't want such attitudes being displayed in anambra state.

Secondly, anambra people should vote for a leader with a vision, someone who is well exposed and thinks globally. Someone who sees and think beyond anambra state and anambra people.

You can see the likes of Rochas Okorocha and Orji, who have very little or no vision at all. Who lack leadership qualities, who still think only about their state and indigens . Fighting over local IMO and ABIA transport, while others are building bridges connecting their states to other states to increase cooperation and partnerships.

I urge ANAMBRA people on NL to ensure that we don't miss it in November. Let us put greed an selfish interest aside. And prooduce a governor that will make Alaigbo proud, instead of disgrace us over pettiness.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by mekaboy(m): 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: Remove Imo and Abia from your analysis. The misunderstanding was settled within a week.

The Case has been closed.

It is not about the case being closed, it shld not have happened at all. The simple action shows the character and mentality of the leaders in those states.

Even when the rivers crises is resolved, nigerians already the the caliber of pple in the rivers house of assembly.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by mafiffle: 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
mekaboy:

It is not about the case being closed, it shld not have happened at all. The simple action shows the character and mentality of the leaders in those states.

Even when the rivers crises is resolved, nigerians already the the caliber of pple in the rivers house of assembly.

Why cant you grow up and take the advice. Even among siblings, they fight and make up. Stop bringing up Anambra , Imo and Abia issues in these manna. Abi e bu efulefu?
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by mgbeketoto: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
Anambra has already been there.
What else is there to learn? grin
HOW TO GET 20 GOVERNORS IN 2 YEARS? grin

Or how to go to OKIJA to take an 'OATH OF OFFICE'? cheesy

*choking on my croissant*

LWKMD-EAD!
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by mekaboy(m): 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
mafiffle:

Why cant you grow up and take the advice. Even among siblings, they fight and make up. Stop bringing up Anambra , Imo and Abia issues in these manna. Abi e bu efulefu?

We r talking about governors in a democratic government not a king of a village.brothers can fight and settle in a personal level, but not as a state.

We r tlking of governors and not kings of villages. And we must ensure that Anambra pple will produce a governor that knows the difference between a governor and a king.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by bestview: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ Mekaboy:

You are right, though Obi has been providing the fatherly leadership in the SE zone and that is why we still see cohesion because of his father figure.

I believe Oseloka Obaze is the next governor, he has all that it takes. He came from the United Nations in New york where he has worked and rose to Senior position for over 20years. He has seen international politics and best international practice around the world. He is actually in the mould of Emeka Anyaoku. He has a lot of integrity to protect unlike most of rif-rafs and mediocres around us.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Controversy: 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
OBASE
is the answer
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Onlytruth(m): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
bestview: @ Mekaboy:

You are right, though Obi has been providing the fatherly leadership in the SE zone and that is why we still see cohesion because of his father figure.

I believe Oseloka Obaze is the next governor, he has all that it takes. He came from the United Nations in New york where he has worked and rose to Senior position for over 20years. He has seen international politics and best international practice around the world. He is actually in the mould of Emeka Anyaoku. He has a lot of integrity to protect unlike most of rif-rafs and mediocres around us.

Please who is this Oseloka Obaze?
I hope to God that he is NOT another Peter Obi. Please I take God beg una.

And BTW anybody talking about zoning Anambra seat of power is joking. We don't want zoning.
May the best candidate win without imposition by the outgoing governor.
Dalu nu.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Onlytruth(m): 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
In fact if Soludo does not stand a chance, then Ngige should win, APC or no APC.
He is tried and tested.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Onlytruth(m): 11:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
BTW how would Oseloka Obaze handle Anambra LOCAL POLITICS? How would he cage the Uba brothers and other "hard heads" in Anambra state?
Peter Obi was able to survive his first term because Ojukwu was alive and behind him.
Who would save Obaze from the Anambra hawks?
These are questions we should be asking, not just looking for a so called technocrat with soft head and zero grass root politicking experience.
Soludo may fail because of the same reasons that I don't think Obaze would succeed.
Again all Anambrarians should say a big fat NO to zoning.
If we support zoning at state levels, then Ndigbo have no moral grounds to oppose it at the national levels.
I believe we are the light of the nation and must act like that.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by lotannam: 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
The best candidate is Prince Chinedu Idigo, you need to read the interview he gave the sunnewspapers sometime last week. The guy is very articulate and I am sure he will take ANambra to the next level. I will source the interview and put the link here
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by lotannam: 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
The good people of Anamabra has chosen on their own to elect the next governor of the state from the north senatorial zone , it's not zoning in the strict sense of it but a deliberate step to ensure equity and natural justices and inculsivness in the affairs and leadership of the state.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Onlytruth(m): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
lotannam: The good people of Anamabra has chosen on their own to elect the next governor of the state from the north senatorial zone , it's not zoning in the strict sense of it but a deliberate step to ensure equity and natural justices and inculsivness in the affairs and leadership of the state.

So who has been oppressing who in Anambra state politics-wise?
Unu abiagokwa ozo to introduce this victim mindset into a section of Igboland.

The other day someone said that Nnewi folks "control business", it would not be good if they "also control politics", as if anyone is stopping another from trading and doing business. undecided

One then starts to wonder why we are complaining about Hausa/Fulani control of the center. When we say we want meritocracy at the center, what do we really mean?

You cannot preach against something at the national level and then practice same thing locally.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Nightshift(m): 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
Onlytruth:

So who has been oppressing who in Anambra state politics-wise?
Unu abiagokwa ozo to introduce this victim mindset into a section of Igboland.

The other day someone said that Nnewi folks "control business", it would not be good if they "also control politics", as if anyone is stopping another from trading and doing business. undecided

One then starts to wonder why we are complaining about Hausa/Fulani control of the center. When we say we want meritocracy at the center, what do we really mean?

You cannot preach against something at the national level and then practice same thing locally.
A neo - conservative sounding more liberal than i. What happened to your 'Eze Ndigbo Nairaland' tag? I was wandering if you are more of an 'Ochanja Onitsha' man than an educated Igboman who lives in the west.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Onlytruth(m): 12:07am On Jul 14, 2013
Nightshift: A neo - conservative sounding more liberal than i. What happened to your 'Eze Ndigbo Nairaland' tag? I was wandering if you are more of an 'Ochanja Onitsha' man than an educated Igboman who lives in the west.

We have no conservatives and liberals in Igboland. We simply have NDIGBO, and we are all equal and shall remain equal till the end of time.
All these attempts to import laziness and excuses culture into Igboland won't work.
We abhor laziness masked as zoning. If anyone contests elections and fails, well, he should try again next time.

I am still your Eze BTW. wink
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by mekaboy(m): 12:16am On Jul 14, 2013
lotannam: The good people of Anamabra has chosen on their own to elect the next governor of the state from the north senatorial zone , it's not zoning in the strict sense of it but a deliberate step to ensure equity and natural justices and inculsivness in the affairs and leadership of the state.

So we sacrifice the destiny of the entire state to please a few? So if a better candidate is from another part of the state, he or she won't be given the chances because its rotational.

That is why I said we should put selfish interest and greed aside, and go for character and vision.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by lotannam: 12:23am On Jul 14, 2013
Eze only truth, nobody is playing the victim card here, Anambra people including leaders of thought, religious leader, elders and majority of the citizens elected on their own to chose their governor from Anambra north senatorial zone which comprises of about. 10 L.G.A. It may interest you to note that for some reasons this zone has not produced a governor since the inception of democracy while other zones has produced several . It's also instructive to note that the zone has the highest voting population.
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Nightshift(m): 12:23am On Jul 14, 2013
Onlytruth:

We have no conservatives and liberals in Igboland. We simply have NDIGBO, and we are all equal and shall remain equal till the end of time.
All these attempts to import laziness and excuses culture into Igboland won't work.
We abhor laziness masked as zoning. If anyone contests elections and fails, well, he should try again next time.

I am still your Eze BTW. wink

There have aways been conservatives and liberals in Igboland. For example, the notorious 'OSU' culture is not Igboversal. The liberal villages abhorred and rejected such. Igboland is republican culturally. You aren't my Eze, and will never be one. You can take your northern feudal import to elsewhere. The divide and rule system of autonomous communities first introduced by Mbakwe's government will be history whenever Igboland is independent.
Hitler's solution awaits all the 2000+ traditional rulers and their Eze Ndigbo when the time comes. Pure republicanism must be restored in Igboland!
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by lotannam: 12:29am On Jul 14, 2013
mekaboy:

So we sacrifice the destiny of the entire state to please a few? So if a better candidate is from another part of the state, he or she won't be given the chances because its rotational.

That is why I said we should put selfish interest and greed aside, and go for character and vision.

What's makes you to think that ANmabra north that comprises of over 10 L.G.A is not capable of producing an eminently qualified candidate. For us to be seen as family , all part of the state should be carried along and given chance to contribute at the highest level .
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Onlytruth(m): 12:30am On Jul 14, 2013
Nightshift: There have have always been conservatives and liberals in Igboland. For example, the notorious 'OSU' culture is not Igboversal. The liberal villages abhorred and rejected such. Igboland is republican culturally. You aren't my Eze, and will never be one. You can take your northern feudal northern import to elsewhere. The divide and rule system of autonomous communities first introduced by Mbakwe's government will be history whenever Igboland is independent.
Hitler's solution awaits all the 2000+ traditional rulers and their Eze Ndigbo when the time comes. Pure republicanism must be restored in Igboland.

So, your definition of conservatism and liberalism begins and ends with OSU caste system? Hmm I see.
Nwanne OSU caste system is a RELIGIOUS system and has NOTHING with politics. Those who observe it do so for fear of some alusi retribution. Let's always speak the truth rather than trying to score cheap points.

You contradict yourself when you apparently support the notion of abolition of proliferated autonomous communities in Igboland.
If you hate them, why then do you support zoning of important offices based on towns and senatorial zones?
Are we not all Ndigbo again?
Be consistent with your logic. BTW I did not make myself Eze, and my opinions are not supported by all Ndigbo. So sleep well at night. cheesy
Re: Anambra State Should Learn From Rivers, Rochas And Orji by Nightshift(m): 12:42am On Jul 14, 2013
Onlytruth:

So, your definition of conservatism and liberalism begins and ends with OSU caste system? Hmm I see.
Nwanne OSU caste system is a RELIGIOUS system and has NOTHING with politics. Those who observe it do so for fear of some alusi retribution. Let's always speak the truth rather than trying to score cheap points.

You contradict yourself when you apparently support the notion of abolition of proliferated autonomous communities in Igboland.
If you hate them, why then do you support zoning of important offices based on towns and senatorial zones?
Are we not all Ndigbo again?
Be consistent with your logic. BTW I did not make myself Eze, and my opinions are not supported by all Ndigbo. So sleep well at night. cheesy
I only used one cultural example which is also a political issue. I do not support zoning or any kind of proliferated autonomous communities in Igboland. What i support is borderless Igboland, a situation where an Akwa-Etiti man can own a land and live in Akpugo( vis a vis) without being called a stranger. Where women can inherit from their parents, especially land. Where there is no dichotomy in Igboland.
We are too small to be fighting one another!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Exploitative Conditions Of The Employed / Senate Okays Marriage For Underage Women In Nigeria / Ffk Finally Dispels All Rumours With His Mind Blowing Write Up,by Ffk Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.