Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,088 members, 7,953,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:00 PM

Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book (1390 Views)

The Book Of Death / Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History / Young writers start new chapter in Nigeria’s literary history #CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by wildbubble(f): 3:21pm On May 21, 2008
i'm looking for an editor for my story, here is a chapter of it

I REMEMBER GETTING HOME THAT DAY AND SEEING MAMA HANNAH OUTSIDE, INSTRUCTING A YOUNG MAN TO DIG 'DID YOU GET THE MONEY FROM YOUR CHURCH'? SHE ASKED, SOMEHOW I KNEW SHE KNEW I DIDN'T.

'I GOT TEN THOUSAND, WHERE IS THE CHILD'

'TEN THOUSAND, JUST TEN THOUSAND THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE BEEN IN CHURCH SINCE MORNING, WHAT COULD TEN THOSAND NAIRA DO TO US, WHERE WOULD TEN THOUSAND NAIRA TAKE US YOU WICKED WOMAN! I TOLD YOU YOUR CHURCH WOULD NOT HELP US!' SHE SCREAMED, UNTYING HER SCARF TO EXPOSE HER WHITE HAIR, AS SHE DID WHENEVER SHE WAS UPSET. HER WORKMAN STOPPED TO WATCH HER, IT WAS AMUSING, WATCHING MAMA UPSET, SHE THREW HER FAT OLD HANDS UP AND DOWN, AND PACED ABOUT,OCCASIONALLY STOPPING TO SPIT ON THE OBJECT OF HER ANNOYANCE, WHICH WAS USUALLY ME. TODAY, I DIDN'T BOTHER TO DOGDE HER SALIVA.

'keep digging' she barked at her workman, we need that pit more than you need my money.

a new thought came to me then, maybe she wanted to bury my child, maybe he was dead.

'where is the child' i asked apprehensively.

'in there with your man' she replied. once in a while it felt good to see someone who did not look at me with pity, but mama looked at me with mockery in her eyes, and sincerely, i didn't know, pity or mockery, which i preffered, i hurried into our house, in our room i saw my husband with the child.

'how is he'? i asked, with that characteristic tear that had become a permanent part of my face.

' a miracle, he is still alive'. my husband didn't look up, i think he'd grown tired of seeing the tear on my face

'what does mama need the pit for' i asked

'did you get the money from your church"

'what does mama need the pit for'

'the child needs to stay there, he is cold here''

'no, God forbid' i screamed, morbid with fear and apprehension

'if only God could hear'

My God can hear, he would see us through' i said, the lack of assurance in my voice annoyed me' you people would not put my son inside that pit'.

'he has to stay there, if he has to live' my husband said with finality. i stopped sobbing, i started to wail. mama hannah began screaming from outside ' the witch, she has figured another way to kill him is with her noise' the baby bagan to wail too. i was forced to keep quite. my husband said nothing, mama hannah stopped screaming, so did the baby. i preffered him screaming, whenever he was quite, i imagined he was dead. mama shouted

Eni, the pit is ready

my husband stood with the child

'Nne bring the lamp' i carried the giant lantern and followed him outside. the pit had been lain with grass, the workman stretched his hand for my child, i thought of people that were buried alive. i started screaming again

' you are burying him, you people are burying my son.

'witch' mama sighed. they dropped the big lamp, then the workman came out. they covered the pit with sticks, then grass. i had seen people jump into the grave of a dead person, asking to be buried with him, why didn't i do that now for my living son, i refused to think about if secretely i wanted him to die, the baby started to wail again, and so did i. i got a chair and sat beside the pit. mama hannah got hers and sat next to me

'witch, you would not eat him' she kept muttering,' i wont let you'.
i wonderd if witces ate their children, i tried to decide, if i was a witch, if i would have eaten the child rather than live the pain. my husband came by and whispered

'Nne, no matter what happens, know that that boy was better off in the pit than out in the cold'
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by Sisikill: 5:05pm On May 21, 2008
This is nice. . .well paced, not giving too much too soon leaving the audience wanting more.

What do you need help with?
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:11pm On May 21, 2008
good story
cant wait to read the book.
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by wildbubble(f): 1:34pm On May 22, 2008
thanks smileythat was a coolcompliment i need someone to help me spice it up a bit, i find it very difficult finding the right words to describe a setting. e.g the house was bursting full of people that morning, the rain made things easier for all of us, e.t.c i find it very difficult to go on. can you help.
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by protocol(m): 3:25pm On May 22, 2008
nice one, infact everything about u that i have seen is special.
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by kenny0071(m): 5:06pm On May 22, 2008
Hi,

Well I could help you with some stuff. I have a flair for writing and I love literature. You could get me
on 08060631373 or send me a mail- kehindeakintobi@yahoo.com
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 22, 2008
Nice, very nice.
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by bonjovi: 2:28pm On May 23, 2008
you guys, thanks for all the beautiful comments, i dey feel like Obasanjo now, and my head is sweeling, i need someone to stop the swelling, by constructively criticizing the story, and another person to refer me to a link where i can find good editors and Publishers. Thank you Protocol, for that special one. those who want more of the story can find it in my blog www.wachuuk..com
wildbubble
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by Sisikill: 2:52pm On May 23, 2008
bonjovi:

you guys, thanks for all the beautiful comments, i dey feel like Obasanjo now, and my head is sweeling, i need someone to stop the swelling, by constructively criticizing the story, and another person to refer me to a link where i can find good editors and Publishers. Thank you Protocol, for that special one.

Wildbubble?
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 23, 2008
An imposter?
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by Sisikill: 3:39pm On May 23, 2008
I fear so

I hope not. cry
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by TrueBrit: 4:07pm On May 23, 2008
bonjovi:

you guys, thanks for all the beautiful comments, i dey feel like Obasanjo now, and my head is sweeling, i need someone to stop the swelling, by constructively criticizing the story, and another person to refer me to a link where i can find good editors and Publishers. Thank you Protocol, for that special one. those who want more of the story can find it in my blog www.wachuuk..com
wildbubble
stillwater:

An imposter?

Not Necessarily. She clearly has more than one ID (and most likely got carried away and posted a reply using the wrong ID). shocked Too bad.
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by Sisikill: 4:45pm On May 23, 2008
LOL. . .makes sense. Oh well, she's not hurting anyone so it's shouldn't matter.

wildbubble:

thanks smileythat was a coolcompliment i need someone to help me spice it up a bit, i find it very difficult finding the right words to describe a setting. e.g the house was bursting full of people that morning, the rain made things easier for all of us, e.t.c i find it very difficult to go on. can you help.

You know, it's funny but that's exactly my problem. . .setting the scene. What I do is concentrate on creating my characters and then create an environment that will suit them. Seriously, if you pay attention, you can hear your characters tell you what they want. . .and no, I'm not crazy. LOL.

Just work on developing a well rounded character.
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by wildbubble(f): 11:37am On May 24, 2008
About being an imposter, when i logged on to nairaland yesterday, i couldn't remember signing in, and when i posted the comment i saw Bonjovi as my name, i modified the comment and ended it with 'wildbubble' and then i signed in with my name and posted the comment again. I would say i'm sorry, to all those i made to suspect foul play, and a BIG thank you to True bit for defending me.
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by Teearrdee(m): 2:45am On Dec 22, 2010
So who really cares to help the young girl out? She didn't ask for compliments, did she? I am looking for one so sorry I can't help you there.
Re: Please I Need And Editor And Publisher. This Is Part Of A Chapter In The Book by Kingsonly: 4:21am On Dec 22, 2010
you are good, i have not cn such a good work from a nigerian in a long time now, keep it up

A fan page would be set up by they first of nest year as a new year gift to Nigerian student,this page would not be as other fanpage that do not have daily update it would be updated every day,it would bring to your door step hotest news and event all around the unis in Nigeria, provide you with links that will aid in your reseach and also it is going to have a connection with a blog that would be set up by the admin of they fan page,this is to enable you get the news in details, and they admin hopes to have a personal relationship with his fellow Nigerian student,and lot more (for more info visit this blog www.thkingsonly..com)this page and this blog will work hand in hand to give you something that would look like an online news paper,pls be a part of this life changing project that will kick of next year,let your voice be heard all around Nigeria,they future is in our hands

(1) (Reply)

Kelebe / The 3 Smart Habits Of Highly Succesful People You Should Have / Biography Of Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.