Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Arrogant Beauty - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Arrogant Beauty (1363 Views)

Bob Dylan's Nobel Silence 'impolite And Arrogant' - BBC News / Three Ways To Deal With Arrogant People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrogant Beauty by Divepen1(m): 11:53am On Sep 16, 2015
Researchers believe when a woman enters a room of men and knows one of the men, she would look beautiful to all the men in the room because a energy connection would happen between her and the man, thereby making her beauty radiate.

However, when Ajoke entered Gtbank at Awolowo bus stop, Ibadan she got the attention of all the men there: an obvious contradiction of the research. The eyes of these men made the meaning of her name come to reality. Her name Ajoke, a Yoruba name meaning 'one we gather to pamper'.

She caught a bearded, huge, black man trying to hide his smile beneath his beard as she walked past him, and this made her lift the upper part of her face. Thus, her heart became warm.

Another guy was trying to catch her attention, and she could not help smiling when she saw that the design 'Tommy' on his shirt was now 'TO.. Y'.

Ajoke knew she was beautiful- fair, 5.4 feet tall, and slim (with the perfect body of a model) and was ready to flaunt. The only thing she hated about herself, and now loved, is her high-pitch voice.
'Excuse me', a guy from behind called. She turned and bit her lower lip when she saw the guy: It was the guy with the 'To...Y' shirt.
‘Pass.... Now', she said angrily as she turned to him, seeing he did not move an inch.
‘I’m not passing... I just want to tell you something', he said, his eyes dashing to the different parts of the room.

From the way he way he acting, she guessed what he wanted to say. She hissed, looked at him scornfully, eyed him, and turned. The guy’s behaviour disgusted her and that propelled her to bring out her Z10 blackberry. She logged in to Facebook, moved to ‘what's on your mind' and typed

‘Men.... Must you always woo every beautiful lady mtchew'.

The guy came near her again.' Sister', he said again, whispering.

Ajoke felt like leaving her whole body, slapping him, stuffing his ugly face with her fist. She felt like scratching his mouth off his head, like beating him to a pulp. What gave him the gut to think he can have access to touch her body- the body of a goddess?

She wanted to tell him to leave but she decided to snub him, and let him keep fantasizing about her.

The queue moved forward again, and the guy came forward for the umpteenth time.
‘Excuse me sister', he said as if he was been controlled by a spirit.
She refused to turn. Comments flowed into her post. Guys were against the topic; ladies were supporting her view.

‘Wetin dey do you sef? You think sey I want toast you?' The guy said angrily. Making her turn abruptly.
She felt every eyes turn towards her. There, she wished those eyes belonged to her because she loved to watch scenes like this; scenes of ladies, especially beautiful ones, disgracing men- Oh! She loved it. And, today, she would be the hero, preferably, the heroine while the guy would be the villain.
‘No be your zip I dey call you for?'
Ajoke stiffened, and slowly moved her heads towards her trousers, and felt people's eyes doing the same- their eyes relocated from her face to the zip of her trousers- it was opened, revealing her underwear.
‘How...When...Where...?' She mouthed as her left hand flew to it. Her heartbeat increased sporadically.
If eyes were gun, the eyes of the people in the banking hall would have killed her.
However, peoples' attentions were drawn from her, when
‘You can't tell me, I'm not the one in that pix?' An overweight woman in front of Ajoke lamented.
The cashier had accused the woman of impersonating someone else.
‘It’s not you.... If you did not leave now, I will call on the guard. It’s not you'.
‘I need this money... Are you blind?' The woman screamed.' Can't you see the pix?'
Another cashier tried to settle the issue, so he angrily turned the PC to the woman, and this made people stretch to see the pix, Ajoke not exempted.
The picture was actually different. The woman in the picture was slimmer and one could get two of her from this present woman- the fighter.
‘Are you blind? Don't you see that was when I was thin? I registered last two years.'
A big hush fell on the people in the hall. Some people sniggered, and muffled their laughter.
The cashiers, after looking at the picture carefully, decided she was the one.
Ajoke smiled at her phone and typed
‘Women, never ever snub a guy, and erm.... Try not to grow fat'.
*The End*

https://m.facebook.com/1021156744590896/timeline/story?ut=69&wstart=0&wend=1443682799&hash=-8427413206698337827&pagefilter=1&ustart=1&_rdr

1 Like

Re: Arrogant Beauty by Hardethaewoh(m): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
nice write up!
it happens everyday... and makes me want to conclude that all beautiful ladies have Pride as their Surnames ...
but I know a few who are not proud, so I guess the appropriate word is Many
Re: Arrogant Beauty by BobUg28(m): 12:31am On Sep 18, 2015
Hardethaewoh:
nice write up!
it happens everyday... and makes me want to conclude that all beautiful ladies have Pride as their Surnames ...

Not everybody though!
Re: Arrogant Beauty by BobUg28(m): 12:33am On Sep 18, 2015
Ladies and shakara...- tire for them joor.
Naija bae can form
Re: Arrogant Beauty by Divepen1(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2015
Hardethaewoh:
nice write up!
rew
Re: Arrogant Beauty by Divepen1(m): 6:02am On Oct 30, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: Arrogant Beauty by Galacious1: 12:29am On Oct 31, 2015
Nicely written op

(1) (Reply)

He Who Breaks Many (Action Thriller) / Biography Of Mahatma Gandhi / How I Proposed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.