Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? (31000 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Biggyd2: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
NL, una dooo! Dem send una? See as dis pipo wan use laff wound me o!
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Lollybalmac(f): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
OGTV nd because..dose stations worst
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by prettysom(f): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
BCA

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Bilabong(m): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
Most of u that are saying NTA_NTA have u taken a look at ur television? Hw do u sumtin u bought since 1982 to be bright?....
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
OSBC,ILE AWIYE,OSOGBO,MITV,ALAUSA,GALAXY and OGTV
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by banky222: 6:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nobody from BEnin city here? Is EBS tv still existing?
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by s3nn2x(m): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
In Lagos- LTV, Galaxy TV, MITV, NTA 10...I wonder how the above mentioned TV stations are still in existence.

In Abuja- ITV is the most useless station I have ever set my eyes on....also STV Abuja, Yes! I have the picture quality of STV.

In Bayelsa- GloryLand Television.

In Delta- DBS

I mentioned the four areas because I have spent time there.

For thos mentioning NTA, I don't think NTA is that bad, If I was asked to chose my best local station, I will go for NTA News24, I love the station and the picture/audio quality is very nice.

But, to be factual, most Nigeria stations are whack, I don't like AIT but they have a very nice picture quality. I used to like STV and Channels years ago because of their cartoons, but it seems Nigerian stations has forgotten that children also watch Tv, and what is the ish with the Nickleleodeon stuff on STV and NTA. Anyways, Thank God for Sattelite TV.

I also hate BEN TV, AMC and MGM on Startimes.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by ibrash600: 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
NTA Ilorin & KWARA Tv, both channels don't av gud programmes except obituary & advertize gov. Fatai... cry

On startimes, i hate BEN Tv & MGM
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by tsalam: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
and the award goes to nta ogbomoso. where they still use cardboard to write program schedules and operates from 4pm to 10pm. and share bread for winners of question in their phone in programs.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Leopantro: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
tsalam: and the award goes to nta ogbomoso. where they still use cardboard to write program schedules and operates from 4pm to 10pm. and share bread for winners of question in their phone in programs.

lol. share bread? this is hilarious
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Biggyd2: NL, una dooo! Dem send una? See as dis pipo wan use laff wound me o!

nah only u dem dey wound? Dey are already killing me.
And am already keeping d polls
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by NEROSKY(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
For all i care, NTA are the worst
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Iboboiz93(m): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
yunfazz: With regards to the media, Nigeria appears to be coming up…. But in the course of the evolution, what haven’t we seen? At some point Galaxy TV (Lagos) presenters were sitting on stools and a certain cameraman was funny enough to show the full shot of a presenter who had removed one of his legs from his palm slippers and had put it on the adjoining legs of the stool…hehehe! Take note, they don’t sit on stools anymore though…*big smile.

Some other newscasters will not just cease to amaze us with their dressing…and the reporters? Oh, goodness! ... funny accents, pronunciations and of course, names. AIT is particularly known for uniquely-named reporters.

Some other television stations have just one background with which almost all their programmes are presented…one brown curtain here in a particular local NTA station comes to mind. Others steal sports highlights from stations like Supersports in such a way that even a baby will recognize that there is something fishy about the absurd information covering the top of the television screen where the Supersports logo would originally have been.

What’s more, some television stations start airing interesting movies that they never complete; they just cut the movie short without any apology and slot in programmes upon programmes until it dawns on you that they have no plans of allowing you to see the conclusion of the movie. And talk about the repetition of the same movies over and over again…

Lest I sound judgemental, I think these stations are actually improving by the day but really…which is your worst Nigerian TV station

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/07/worst-nigerian-tv-station.html
The prize Goes to Anambra Broadcasting Service (Abs) That's the worst tv station i've ever seen!
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Iboboiz93(m): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
yunfazz: With regards to the media, Nigeria appears to be coming up…. But in the course of the evolution, what haven’t we seen? At some point Galaxy TV (Lagos) presenters were sitting on stools and a certain cameraman was funny enough to show the full shot of a presenter who had removed one of his legs from his palm slippers and had put it on the adjoining legs of the stool…hehehe! Take note, they don’t sit on stools anymore though…*big smile.

Some other newscasters will not just cease to amaze us with their dressing…and the reporters? Oh, goodness! ... funny accents, pronunciations and of course, names. AIT is particularly known for uniquely-named reporters.

Some other television stations have just one background with which almost all their programmes are presented…one brown curtain here in a particular local NTA station comes to mind. Others steal sports highlights from stations like Supersports in such a way that even a baby will recognize that there is something fishy about the absurd information covering the top of the television screen where the Supersports logo would originally have been.

What’s more, some television stations start airing interesting movies that they never complete; they just cut the movie short without any apology and slot in programmes upon programmes until it dawns on you that they have no plans of allowing you to see the conclusion of the movie. And talk about the repetition of the same movies over and over again…

Lest I sound judgemental, I think these stations are actually improving by the day but really…which is your worst Nigerian TV station

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/07/worst-nigerian-tv-station.html
The prize Goes to Anambra Broadcasting Service (Abs) That's the worst tv station i've ever seen!

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by amanikondo: 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
speedyboi:

Yes, they are. Almost all Nigerian local TV stations lack good picture quality except AIT!

I use LED TV.

It is because you are using a powerful Tv and the transmission is Standard definition from the source.
If you have high speed internet, you can connect it to your TV and watch some lovely programmes online, even on youtube.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Durocityflicks: 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
Just imagine this caption last nyt on galaxy tv news. Made a typographical error twice. "Planck" instead of "plank" and "freash" instead of "fresh". Smh

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by kid7soccer(m): 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
U need to watch NTA CALABAR "gOM" their station kep play or showing the same suft the use to show in the 80s, 90
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Sicron: 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hi guys, i am a young presenter with one of the private stations in yola. but my family is moving to Benin city next month and im wondering which station there is the most watched. someone pls respond. thanks...
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by brighter: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
ABS Onitsha where they tell you there's no fuel in their generator & close immediately after network news. Filled with obituary, missing person & irritating adverts. You even see hands coming to adjust their logo. Omo, u go fear station....
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Anuoluwap(m): 11:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Keneeby: Among all the TV stations in Nigeria NTA remain the best, interms of quality programs, informative, educative etc. You can't compare any TV station with NTA in nigeria, this is the fact.
really? NTA? Abi u don write app letter 4 dier? Jeez cant tune 2 dat station 4 jst a minute.Y?, Picture quality 0% Delivery 0% upon being d 1st tv station in 9ja.haba! Guy tink nw. Wake up jor
*laughs* *covers face*

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Anuoluwap(m): 11:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
Pause. Take a deep look @ this:
NTA- #so local, quality 0, picture 0, programmes 0.upon being d 1st tv station in 9ja. #NOimprovement
AIT- #On point, but sound quality poor.imagine sound lyk they ar usin low ba3 .gosh!
TVC- #Get programme prob,nairalanders didnt mention diz bcoz d tv is wel equiped.bt most ppl only watch Ent.Splash on it.bt D only tv i knw dat repeats a programme 3times a day #standupnigeria.nd d tv is flooded wit series cant evn watch notin else on it.
CHANNELS- #My best. They gat bst anchors dat deliver spectacully. Gr8 News tv. If it scrambles on ur tv den it's ur area dnt blame channels. NETWORK DEY 4 9JA NI?
GALAXY- #local, poor packaging, hear diz- "galaxy television wey everybody sabi, if u wnt ppl to hear ur tory na galaxy o....." na village wey dey?
MITV- #Upgrading failed...tuning 2 etv Africa nt d best. B4 they start anoda prog na wahala.
OGTV- #Best local.# they'r only child's play
ONTV- #Eyes watching u oo
LTV- #Just local...eko o ni baje o.(not necessary) lolz
STV- #Bleep up. Expected much 4rm dat tv bt waved my xpectations...

WAITING FOR MBI TO RETURN...hahahahaha mo funny ^_^

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by holums(m): 12:16am On Jul 19, 2013
NTA in particular.....the picture and sound are poor but their main aim is to unite and promote Nigerian cultures
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by papi365: 1:12am On Jul 19, 2013
Sicron: Hi guys, i am a young presenter with one of the private stations in yola. but my family is moving to Benin city next month and im wondering which station there is the most watched. someone pls respond. thanks...
AH AH ARE U A MUMULICIOUS DUDE? WHICH KIND COMMON ENTRANCE QUESTION BE DAT? MTCHEEW
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by chucky234(m): 2:00am On Jul 19, 2013
uj_sizzle: NTA!! bloooody useless uhf station.
NTA is VHF and not UHF
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nmeka(m): 6:28am On Jul 19, 2013
OC cool: NSTV Minna. A very boring and useless station, followed by NTA
dat station is so bleeped up,whn ai served dia,ai wanted to cry,jus de do me lyk say mk ai climnb dat hill go slap dem for tunga area dia..lols
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by segello58(m): 6:49am On Jul 19, 2013
Well the clarity and picture quality depends on your area but for programme or contents I think it has to do with the management. Some because of money they will be promoting and advertising agbo jedi jedi for hours on national tv while some na religious --One church service or mosque service-- just to make you bore at home because them don collect money. But I think if we want them to improve we should talk about the best. So my best 4 starts from 1 they are no where to be found anymore though NN24
2 TVC
3ONTV
3 STV
4 CHANNELS . Thanks
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by AMossley(m): 7:47am On Jul 19, 2013
190:

well its a known fact even to we americans that nigerians have the smelliest mouths
in the world

i live in america so u best be nice to me

damn phool angry
smelliest ko,smelliest ni,is this the blunder you utter in America?
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Mikebis(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2013
NTA
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by igbeke: 10:10am On Jul 19, 2013
Amusaopeyemi: All of them ni o, if ure sooo used to watching CNN and Aljazerra u'll knw all these our channels r jst dere. Even CCTV beta pass them.
But the worst TV stations in 9ja are as follows: MITV,AIT,NTA,OGTV,Galaxy,Silverbird even the overhyped Channels sef.
so which is good, atleast?
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by papi365: 10:15am On Jul 19, 2013
igbeke:
so which is good, atleast?
NON ALL OF DEM NA GBASKI.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2013
nerodenero: MITV.They only employ old and ugly-looking presenters.Aside this,they lack good programmes.
kk
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by DGovnor1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ode ni....Come and do what dia, and become a 3rd class citizen like you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Euphoria Star, Angus Cloud Dies At 25 / Three Times Hollywood Referenced Boko Haram / Oge Aneke Committing Suicide On Set Of "Goodnight" New Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.