Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister (6024 Views)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO / Fg Generates N4.03tn In Six Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2013
By: Michael Oche on July 14, 2013 - 5:25am

In realisation of the employment creation initiative of the present administration, Minister of Labour and Productivity, Emeka Wogu, has disclosed that the Community Services Women and Youth Employment (CSWYE) project of SURE-P has created 21,000 job opportunities in the North-West geo-political zone of Nigeria.

Wogu stated this when he led a delegation which comprises the Minister of Youth Development, Inuwa Abdukadir and Minister of Environment, Hajia Hadiza Ibrahim Mailafa, the Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Ahmed Gulack on sensitisation and appraisal visit of the CSWYE project to the Governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Mukhtar Ramalan Yero.

‘’The present administration of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is working and putting the masses first in its development plans in the North-west geo-political zone. A total of 21, 000 women, youths and people living with disabilities are benefiting from the Community Services Women and Youths Employment Project”, he said.

Speaking further, the minister enumerated the gains of the Subsidy Reinvestmentand Empowerment Programme in the North-West geo-political zone, which include the Kano-Maiduguri road dual-carriage way, construction of bridges, the Abuja-Kaduna railway modernisation project, Maternal and Child Health project as well as over 4132km road maintenance project.

Responding, the executive governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji, Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, tasked the federal government on the sustainability of the project, stating that the sustainability of the project will take the youths out of the street as ready tools for restiveness.

“One thing that is very critical is the issue of sustainability; if the project is sustained people will be gainfully employed. It will also help in creating opportunity for the youths to be useful to themselves and the entire nation”. Ramalan affirmed.

In a similar development, the minister during a courtesy call on the Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji(Dr.) Shehu Idris,stated that the CSWYE project would not have recorded such ahuge success within a short period without the royal support of the traditional rulers. The Emir expressed appreciation to the President for empowering women and youths across the nation. He prayed for the sustainability of the project and expressed continued support to the present administration.

http://leadership.ng/news/140713/fg-generates-21000-jobs-sure-p-minister
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by kheart(m): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2013
Like seriously? First to comment
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:43am On Jul 14, 2013
Good to hear.
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by vivalavida(m): 10:44am On Jul 14, 2013
This your #10,000 abi #20,000 a month job. Is that how much your children earn? Their pocket money is even bigger than that. Job ma foot

1 Like

Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by fitzmayowa: 10:50am On Jul 14, 2013
Hmmm...Another job on the page/pages of newspaper...Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 14, 2013
Ok
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 14, 2013
25k job for a graduate with certifications
Our leaders are heartless.... Some ppl will come here and say it is better than nothing, forgetting that u have to pay transportation to get to work, u have to buy food as u cant go back home at break time to eat house food, u have to dress to work.
I dont even want to include personal stuff that u will need to do for ur self.
What is worth doing is worth doing well.
They brought out a front to justify increment in fuel price.
We may not all be PHD holders but common, it is not that hard to see through the veil

1 Like

Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by cashkid: 10:55am On Jul 14, 2013
am very sure soon they will start selling this 20k per month "job" #300,000 per slot, who even knows whether they av started selling it.schewwwww!!!

4 Likes

Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Kings77: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2013
Nigeria,I hail thee.
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by cashkid: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2013
u are talking sense jare! not only that they are heartless but also insensitive.but i knw a day is coming and wc is even near wen all these rubbish wil b over. [quote author=ARES]25k job for a graduate with certifications
Our leaders are heartless.... Some ppl will come here and say it is better than nothing, forgetting that u have to pay transportation to get to work, u have to buy food as u cant go back home at break time to eat house food, u have to dress to work.
We may
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by effisyman: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2013
What an achievement. .. of over 50million idle able educcated capable and with burning desire to work.
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by kkkp: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahah you again!!grin grin grin
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 14, 2013
These are what to be hearing from Nigeria nt death,kidding ,bombing and so on nagetive news.
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by heed101(m): 11:09am On Jul 14, 2013
That 21000 figure is fraud.

1 Like

Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Mayorgreat(m): 11:11am On Jul 14, 2013
we don hear
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by 4Play(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2013
OP doing his job as a paid political hack. I disagree with the premise that the Govt should solve the unemployment problem by providing jobs directly.

effisyman: What an achievement. .. of over 50million idle able educcated capable and with burning desire to work.
Let's just for the sake of argument accept your claim, that there are 50 million unemployed, which you most likely plucked out of thin air. Do you want the FG to provide jobs for them? How many do you think the FG can afford to employ?

Lets take a scenario where the Govt employs these people on an average wage of $1000 per annum, 160,000 Naira per year. This will cost the FG $50bn, more than the total annual budget. The Govt can only try and create an enabling environment for businesses to grow and employ people.
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by fatgirl: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2013
the ministry is moving. . .
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by taharqa2: 11:17am On Jul 14, 2013
ARES: 25k job for a graduate with certifications
We may not all be PHD holders but common, it is not that hard to see through the veil
Learn to know what you are saying b4 actuali saying them in public! This particular scheme is actuali not targeted at 'graduates with certificates'; YOUWIN and d GES- two other job creation programme that are also Working- are d ones realli targeted at those category of persons..
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Ajibel(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2013
Its not the figures I'm interested in. There is a high rate of unemployment so whatever opportunity the govt comes up with, many would just rush into it. One thing is that in Nigeria here, there is no JOB SATISFACTION. Why being happy about job opportunities when we know that such opportunities aren't what interest the heart of the job seeker but for the sake of working no matter the peanut given!
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by taharqa2: 11:29am On Jul 14, 2013
4 Play: OP doing his job as a paid political hack. I disagree with the premise that the Govt should solve the unemployment problem by providing jobs directly.

Let's just for the sake of argument accept your claim, that there are 50 million unemployed, which you most likely plucked out of thin air. Do you want the FG to provide jobs for them? How many do you think the FG can afford to employ?

Lets take a scenario where the Govt employs these people on an average wage of $1000 per annum, 160,000 Naira per year. This will cost the FG $50bn, more than the total annual budget. The Govt can only try and create an enabling environment for businesses to grow and employ people.
I agree with you too. This is actuali my Philosophy: Govt shld focus on creating the Environment for Job creation rather than trying to create them herself. But I believe d thinking of d Govt is that whilst it is trying to create this Environment (by what it is presently doing in Power, Agric, Roads, Rails, WaterInland ways, Ports, Industry, providing funding tru such bodies as BOI, Intervention Funds, attracting FDIs, etc), it still feels it is its duty to provide some TEMPORARY jobs in other to mitigate the suffering of sm vulnerable people, as d Environment it is trying to grow matures...... Not my best scenario still, but one can undastad the Urge

1 Like

Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 14, 2013
clueless hypocrites!!! *spits on thread*
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Tinyemeka(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2013
I was going through the Enugu-PH expressway Saturday, when I saw some fellows in the middle of nowhere, cutting the grasses that grow in the middle of the two lanes of the expressway.

I made a comment to my brother about the fellows doing an utterly unnecessary job and waste of energy. But he told me that that was the job given to them by the FG under the auspices of SURE-P.

Please tell, are these the 10,000 jobs that govt officers have been bandying about? Sending people to cut grasses with just cutlasses and machetes in the middle of nowhere? To achieve what aim?

Hmm... I'm really tired.

5 Likes

Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by slap1(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yet they complain about low university enrollment. . .who wants to spend a minimum of 4 years in the university and beg for a job that can't even take care of his immediate need?

1 Like

Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by seunfly: 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
Even though d figure and d jobs is questionable, but news is better to hear than the ones we have been hearing in d past.
I congratulate those dt have benefited 4rm ds, kudos to fg on ds, but we need private sectors to do ds 4 us.
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2013
For the doubting Thomases, the SURE-P 3,000 jobs per state per year is REAL. Though the job is temporary but it is a short term way of taken some un-skilled people off the street. The N10,000 per person pay is little but the job is part-time and some people can use the funds to jump-start whatever they were doing in the past or start something. At the end of the year, the current set of people will be paid off and new set of people taken.

Rather than the money end up in the pockets of some politicians (like was done in the past), let it go round, even if its just N10,000 per person. That is the spirit of FRESH AIR.

Meanwhile, its not only SURE-P that is creating jobs. The TRANSFORMATION in agriculture, mining, aviation, petroluem, road sector, ICT, power etc are all geared towards job creation. Also, the YOUWIN programme and Graduate Internship programmes are geared towards job creation.

FRESH AIR everywhere you go.
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by papi365: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
Dis country is dead. wen u listen 2 naija news all u wil hear is bomb,pdp vs acn and other nasty issues. now dem talk say dem don create 21k job out of millions and millions of graduate witout job,na failure be dat nw. i had a news dat dey re leasing out 4 airport 2 chineese 2 manag 4 dem. 4 god sake wat kan dey manag? dem chop nepa,nitel,railway,refineries. i pity nigerians wit these kind of leaders,i pity africans cos dem dey surfer.
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
taharqa2: Learn to know what you are saying b4 actuali saying them in public! This particular scheme is actuali not targeted at 'graduates with certificates'; YOUWIN and d GES- two other job creation programme that are also Working- are d ones realli targeted at those category of persons..

Really? U think u are just one smart mouthed muthafuccker... U know people like u are the battries in the giant dilddo fuccking this nation in the asss.
Mutha fuCcker shut ur asss sucking mouth and pay attention to when the news is being read

1 Like

Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by papi365: 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
4 Play: OP doing his job as a paid political hack. I disagree with the premise that the Govt should solve the unemployment problem by providing jobs directly.

SHUT UP
Re: FG Generates 21,000 Jobs With SURE-P – Minister by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: For the doubting Thomases, the SURE-P 3,000 jobs per state per year is REAL. Though the job is temporary but it is a short term way of taken some un-skilled people off the street. The N10,000 per person pay is little but the job is part-time and some people can use the funds to jump-start whatever they were doing in the past or start something. At the end of the year, the current set of people will be paid off and new set of people taken.

Rather than the money end up in the pockets of some politicians (like was done in the past), let it go round, even if its just N10,000 per person. That is the spirit of FRESH AIR.

Meanwhile, its not only SURE-P that is creating jobs. The TRANSFORMATION in agriculture, mining, aviation, petroluem, road sector, ICT, power etc are all geared towards job creation. Also, the YOUWIN programme and Graduate Internship programmes are geared towards job creation.

FRESH AIR everywhere you go.

i sincerely hate u. U r a bloody hypocrite. Keeping lying 2 urself till sh*t hits d fan. S.o.B

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Protest Happening Now In Aba Over Buhari's Incitive Comment-pics / Tomato Price Has Crashed In Kano - PIC / The Way My Tiny Dot In The Map Alaigbo Is Scattering Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.