Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi (19917 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online / Afenifere To Boko Haram: Our Ancestors Will Finish You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 14, 2013
Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, has asked the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, to either reconcile with his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, or defect to the opposition in order to resolve the crisis in the state.

Spokesman of the group, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, told SUNDAY PUNCH on Friday that as much as Afenifere condemned the violence and unconstitutional attempt to remove the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, it also blamed Amaechi for the crisis in the state.

He said, “We do not support any attempt to use undemocratic means to solve democratic problems. It is not possible for five out of 32 people to say they want to remove the Speaker of the state House of Assembly. That is totally wrong. But the truth must be told; Governor Amaechi should be told the whole truth.

“We think he is the cause of some of these crises. If he wants to defect to the opposition, let him do so. He cannot continue to use the platform of PDP to hold the party to ransom and think there will be no crisis. Most of the people who are supporting him from the opposition will not tolerate this kind behaviour from any of their members.”

Odumakin advised Amaechi to act in the interest of the people by either defecting or reconciling with the Presidency and the leadership of PDP.

“While frowning at any attempt to use undemocratic means to solve democratic problems, I think Governor Amaechi should act in the interest of the people of the state, and lessen tension in the state either by reconciling with his party, or defecting to the opposition,” he said.

The Presidency had said Amaechi was free to resign from the PDP, if he was no longer ready to respect President Goodluck Jonathan and the leadership of the party.

PDP leaders in Rivers State, led by Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, and a former governor of the state, Dr. Peter Odili, had met with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, where they tabled the governor’s alleged offences.

At the meeting, Jonathan said disregard for party rules by public officers elected on the party’s platform should not be tolerated.
e
Amaechi was suspended in May for allegedly disobeying the directive of the state PDP asking him to reinstate the suspended chairman and executive of Obio/Akpor local government.

http://www.punchng.com/news/reconcile-with-pdp-or-defect-afenifere-tells-amaechi/

22 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Tintinix: 10:44am On Jul 14, 2013
"It is not possible for five out of 32 people to say they want to remove the Speaker of the state House of Assembly. That is totally wrong. But the truth must be told; Governor Amaechi should be told the whole truth.

“We think he is the cause of some of these crises. If he wants to defect to the opposition, let him do so. He cannot continue to use the platform of PDP to hold the party to ransom and think there will be no crisis. Most of the people who are supporting him from the opposition will not tolerate this kind behaviour from any of their members.”

Spot on!!!
The impossiblity of just 5 lawmakers to chase away 27 others who convened for a plenary session and impeach a sitting speaker is too mind buggling to imagine.
The fact is some lawmakers are riding on the hope that the Governor can ride out this storm and they can still be in his good grace.. Amaechi would not willingly want to defect.

16 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by sEyi6: 10:55am On Jul 14, 2013
Could be the hungary minority faction of afenifere, just like the lame faction of OPC that is managed by Fasheun and Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by taharqa2: 11:04am On Jul 14, 2013
Tintinix: "It is not possible for five out of 32 people to say they want to remove the Speaker of the state House of Assembly. That is totally wrong. But the truth must be told; Governor Amaechi should be told the whole truth.

Who does not know that d 2 main 'Opposition parties' we have today are a Congregation of MEGA HYPOCRITES??.... Just Ask Opeyemi Bamidele what he is presently going tru today in ACN just cos he wants to take advantage of his DEMOCRATIC RIGHT to contest d Governorship seat with Fayemi?? Yet, these same ACN HYPOCRITES wud spend all d time in d world poking their fingers and pontificating over THE SAME tin with another party!!!

38 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by akpomeme(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2013
Speaking from both sides of your mouth is the problem with your region and party. Having taken an initial faulty stand in the affairs of rivers state, whic was highly criticized, ACN lap dog, is speaking from another angle of his mouth. Let see what happens when you all welcome trouble with both hands into your party. Ameachi has become a political burden to all parties in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by billante(m): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
This is the most honest unbiased judgement I have heard since this Amaechi issue started!

Spot on! Coming from oduamakin who we all know is a civil right activist that do oppose jonathan time to time!

The best part is where he said the opposition parties that are now siding amaechi against jonathan won't tolerate such if it happens in their own party!
But are now amaechi sympathizers......hypocrites at the highest order.....and gullible nigerians will think they meant well!

48 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by tomakint: 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
I am loving this latest development, but I doubt if the guy will be willing to defect so quick knowing fully well that would be his 'political demise'! However, I foresee Amaechi burying his ego to reconcile with Jonathan (whom he had no respect for)! The truth is, Amaechi had no political future with APC! PDP made him who he is today, his problem is, he believes Jonathan is not up to him in anything forgetting that the Jonathan of Bayelsa then is not the Jonathan of today!

23 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by homesteady(m): 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
Wole Soyinka is supposed to be ashamed of himself after reading this unbiased speech!!

This man said the bare truth!!
Meanwhile Prof wole soyinka only laid the blame on patience jonathan and gave a presidential handshake to Amaechi!!

42 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by billante(m): 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
Front Page moderator!

1 Like

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
@moderators, front page pls. Walahi if this SOLID advice does not make front page, kasala go burst.

6 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
So some people can still can say the TRUTH in this country? If thats the case, then HOPE dey. Shame on LIARS, including the elders amongst them.

7 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, has asked the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, to either reconcile with his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, or defect to the opposition in order to resolve the crisis in the state.

Spokesman of the group, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, told SUNDAY PUNCH on Friday that as much as Afenifere condemned the violence and unconstitutional attempt to remove the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, it also blamed Amaechi for the crisis in the state.

Odumakin advised Amaechi to act in the interest of the people by either defecting or reconciling with the Presidency and the leadership of PDP.

This must be a JOKE! Yinka Odumakin - the same notoriously mendacious Odumakin of CPC fame - uttered these words? Could it be that Afenifere's Odumakin adopts a radically different personality than the Odumakin of CPC? I dey come first, make I go use bleach rinse my eyes before I read am again.

7 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
This is wisdom but will Amaechi listen? He's too arrogant and egoistic to take advice from anybody.

4 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
pro01:

This has got be a JOKE! Yinka Odumakin - the same notoriously mendacious Odumakin of CPC fame - uttered these words? Could it be that Afenifere's Odumakin adopts a radically different personality than the Odumakin of CPC? I dey come first, make I go use bleach rinse my eyes before I read am again.
I guess he has been sidelined in the APC arrangement.

Meanwhile, moderators, front page pls

1 Like

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by wirinet(m): 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
I disagree with Odumakin on this Amaechi issue. From the begining we all know Amaechi is a very stobborn man, he is a man of his own principles and has never been shown to be a yes man to anybody. That was why OBJ and Odilli conspired to to deny him his lawful nomination for governorship, which he won back at the supreme court. Jonathan cannot think Amaechi would change overnight and become a yesman to him or his madam. Have you stop to think wy Ameachi had overwelming support from PDP inspite of his disagreements with OBJ and now Jonathan? How do you explain the overwelming support he enjoys presently from the state legislators who inspite of huge cash and other incentives refuse to betray amaechi. I am sure whatever Amaechi can offer the legislators, the Jonathans can tripple it. How do you explain the overwelming support from Nigerian governors - even from within the PDP. How many PDP governors have come out to openly criticize Amaechi? It shows people Admire his guts for standing up to what he believes in.

For example I concur with Amaechi in his views on amnesty, How can you reward criminals who have klled innocent people and stolen oil in the name of Amnesty. How can you give amnesty to someone that was never tried and found guilty. Today you have Criminal Boko Haram asking for amnesty also. Tomorrow another group would rise up and bomb innocent citizens and they would be entitled to amnesty also. Then what happens when amnesty money stops, the militants would go back to bombing, killing and oil theft.

I also concur with amaechi on the so called transformation agenda. What are the details and time lines of this transformation agenda? What is supposed to be the role of the governors in this agenda. We have had so many acronyms that they do not make sense anymore, From vison 202020 to 7 point agenda and now transformation agenda. I doubt if even Jonathans praise singers understand what the agenda entails.

I am not exactly a fan of Amaechi or any Nigerian polititians, (the good onces like ken Nnamani have been weeded out), all of them are thieves who are stealing the nation blind. Most of them are thugs, election riggers, certificate forgers, drug barons and common criminals.

I support the call for independent candidature, it will eliminate the tyranny of political party leaders and reduce godfatherism, that is if free election is allowed.

14 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by 9jaIhail(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
This is the type of message expected from Prof wole shonyika instead he chose to fight dirty with a married woman in public. Could it be that old age is fast catching up with wole shoyinka.

29 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by jmaine: 2:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @moderators, front page pls. Walahi if this SOLID advice does not make front page, kasala go burst.

He goat vexing tongue . . .

Mods make Una listen to my sincere friend here oo or else, heavy gbemu and kasala go tear grin. .
Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Alxmyr(m): 2:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
wirinet: I disagree with Odumakin on this Amaechi issue. From the begining we all know Amaechi is a very stobborn man, he is a man of his own principles and[b] has never been shown to be a yes man to anybody.[/b] That was why OBJ and Odilli conspired to to deny him his lawful nomination for governorship, which he won back at the supreme court. Jonathan cannot think Amaechi would change overnight and become a yesman to him or his madam. Have you stop to think wy Ameachi had overwelming support from PDP inspite of his disagreements with OBJ and now Jonathan? How do you explain the overwelming support he enjoys presently from the state legislators who inspite of huge cash and other incentives refuse to betray amaechi. I am sure whatever Amaechi can offer the legislators, the Jonathans can tripple it. How do you explain the overwelming support from Nigerian governors - even from within the PDP. How many PDP governors have come out to openly criticize Amaechi? It shows people Admire his guts for standing up to what he believes in.

For example I concur with Amaechi in his views on amnesty, How can you reward criminals who have klled innocent people and stolen oil in the name of Amnesty. How can you give amnesty to someone that was never tried and found guilty. Today you have Criminal Boko Haram asking for amnesty also. Tomorrow another group would rise up and bomb innocent citizens and they would be entitled to amnesty also. Then what happens when amnesty money stops, the militants would go back to bombing, killing and oil theft.

I also concur with amaechi on the so called transformation agenda. What are the details and time lines of this transformation agenda? What is supposed to be the role of the governors in this agenda. We have had so many acronyms that they do not make sense anymore, From vison 202020 to 7 point agenda and now transformation agenda. I doubt if even Jonathans praise singers understand what the agenda entails.

I am not exactly a fan of Amaechi or any Nigerian polititians, (the good onces like ken Nnamani have been weeded out), all of them are thieves who are stealing the nation blind. Most of them are thugs, election riggers, certificate forgers, drug barons and common criminals.

I support the call for independent candidature, it will eliminate the tyranny of political party leaders and reduce godfatherism, that is if free election is allowed.

You are wrong on that. He was a yes man to Peter Odili for good 8 years. He was a yes man to be people during his first term. He only became strong head when he became NGF chairman.

5 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by kzokul(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
What about A.C.N that every member is loyal to the party hierachy? You support amaechi to disobey and rebel against his party, but, one person gives orde in A.C.N and no one dare challenges him like what is happening in ekiti state now. Oh! I forgot. It is amaechi.
wirinet: I disagree with Odumakin on this Amaechi issue. From the begining we all know Amaechi is a very stobborn man, he is a man of his own principles and has never been shown to be a yes man to anybody. That was why OBJ and Odilli conspired to to deny him his lawful nomination for governorship, which he won back at the supreme court. Jonathan cannot think Amaechi would change overnight and become a yesman to him or his madam. Have you stop to think wy Ameachi had overwelming support from PDP inspite of his disagreements with OBJ and now Jonathan? How do you explain the overwelming support he enjoys presently from the state legislators who inspite of huge cash and other incentives refuse to betray amaechi. I am sure whatever Amaechi can offer the legislators, the Jonathans can tripple it. How do you explain the overwelming support from Nigerian governors - even from within the PDP. How many PDP governors have come out to openly criticize Amaechi? It shows people Admire his guts for standing up to what he believes in.

3 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by takedat(m): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
In short, Odumakin don port!!! I am also waiting for @Sincere9gerian to link me up with the Villa. grin

2 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Alxmyr(m): 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
take dat: In short, Odumakin don port!!! grin

In short, Odumakin said the truth.
A below belt punch at ACN goons....

3 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
wirinet: From the begining we all know Amaechi is a very stobborn man, he is a man of his own principles and has never been shown to be a yes man to anybody. That was why OBJ and Odilli conspired to to deny him his lawful nomination for governorship, which he won back at the supreme court.

Wrong thought. Amaechi was a "yes man" to Odili for over 8 years. Infact everybody was a "yes man" once in their lives. Goodluck was a "yes man" to Alamayiesigha once too.
So cut the crap.

5 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by musiwa33: 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
grin
[size=22pt]
why did this people commit suicide in western nigeria.

why did obasanjo not hand over to yoruba people too.

the next president shall be killed can you see. the army already know what to do. they will kill you people.

You are greedy people
[/size]le.

[/color][/size]

[img]http://www..com/talk/photo.jpg?action=dlattach&topic=130955.0&attach=44414&image.jpg[/img]

/
Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by Pygru: 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by chelseaguy: 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
Afenifere are right. If you cannot conform to the party establishment you better defect. Simple. Governor Amaechi is so full of himself to think that he can have a go at the president with impunity. No sitting president in his right senses would allow an up-start to oust or disrespect him.

Those in support of Amaechi are hypocrites, and as Afenifere said won't tolerate it if the table were turned. I repeat again, no sitting president would allow a party Governor to disrespect him like Ameachi did without fighting back.

4 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by ujoinme: 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
Alxmyr:

You are wrong on that. He was a yes man to Peter Odili for good 8 years. He was a yes man to be people during his first term. He only became strong head when he became NGF chairman.

WAS ALSO A YES MAN FOR ODILI AS HIS PERSONAL ASSISTANT FOR YEARS BEFORE ODILI EVEN BECAME GOVERNOR

3 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by billante(m): 3:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
wirinet I disagree with Odumakin on this Amaechi issue. From the begining we all know Amaechi is a very stobborn man, he is a man of his own principles and has never been shown to be a yes man to anybody. That was why OBJ and Odilli conspired to to deny him his lawful nomination for governorship, which he won back at the supreme court. Jonathan cannot think Amaechi would change overnight and become a yesman to him or his madam..

Nonsense crap! Do you think amaechi can tolerate any rebellious member of his govt!.....Let Tele kuru Rebel or disagree with Amaechi one day and see what will become of him

5 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by wirinet(m): 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
Alxmyr:

I do not know of the relationship between Odilli and Amaechi when the latter was the speaker of the house of representatives, but I do know that Amaechi fell out with Odilli before the 2007 elections, which was responsible his problems with getting nomination for governorship. And since then Amaechi and Odilli has not been on good terms. Amaechi was not on good terms with OBJ and was not particularly cozy with Yaradua. Amaechi's cold relationship did not start with the NGF, he did not even support jonathan for Acting president. It was when he realized that his nomination and election for second term is tied to Jonathan, that he supported Jonathan for the 2011 elections. Remember he had to procure a court judgement to enable him contest the 2011 elections as his 4 year tenure was not yet up. He knew if his election did not hold at the same time with Jonathan, there was no way he would get nomination not to talk of reelection.

3 Likes

Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by wirinet(m): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
chelseaguy: Afenifere are right, if you cannot conform to the party establishment you better defect. Simple. Government Amaechi is so full of himself to think that he can have a go at the president with impunity. No sitting president in his right senses would allow an up-start to oust or disrespect him.

Those in support of Amaechi are hypocrites, and as Afenifere said won't tolerate it if the table were turned. I repeat again, no sitting president would allow a party Governor to disrespect him like Ameachi did without fighting back.

But lots of governors disrespected OBJ during his presidency. Orji Kalu was always disrespecting Obasanjo. Fayose was always disrespecting OBJ, Tinubu and his aids were insulting all the time. Even Gbenga Daniels fell out with OBJ.
Re: Reconcile With PDP Or Defect - Afenifere To Amaechi by iamswizz(m): 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
last to comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways / CAC Prophet Predicts Saraki, Gbajabiamila Will Emerge NASS Leaders / Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: Food Scarcity Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.