Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

What's So Special About Twins??? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Twins??? (18600 Views)

Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? / 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
i have twins as brothers(last born) they r quite troublesome due to thier numerous fights over practically evrytin but still they r lovely
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by VivyGift(f): 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
I just don't know, I love them all twins.I wish to have dem identical, both boys or gurls! Amen.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Chennie16(f): 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
We twins are special in so many ways. Yoruba believe that twins pave success for anybody that give birth to them unlike other kids. I used to remember my uncles and aunties asking me and my twin bro to pray for them for financial breakthrough.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by camrygmail: 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
Op . I can relate to ur stories. I also have a lot freebies from growing up from market women. And thw comparisons are still going on even though we r married and leave on seperate continents
.we remain close.

I can't stand twins that don't have their own identity.

I also want twins of mine. I am grateful to our parents for ensuring that we had our identity
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by kepsi123(m): 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
Maybe we should open a thread for twins. Had it easier growing up sha. Me and my bros. We both decided to split up during our university period to develop different identities. Two different contacts and friends merged into one. I still have two sets of friends my friends and my brother's
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
Awwwwwwww.....I'm a ssucker ffor twins....and if they are identical, I go crazyyyy.....I want them.

I admire twins a lot, I can practically cry if they are triplets...
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lordy Lordy, I TOTALLY love twins! Two for the price of one! Edunjobi Ejire. Mirror images of each other that makes three if they look like my hubby peren kiss They are the 8th wonder of the world( the queue is still very long). I love them, I want them, I adore the misery behind them. God please bless me with a wonderful set of twins, that will be all my request as far as procreation is concerned. Two is company, three is a crowd!

By the way, I love you for being a member of a twin set OP kiss
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Yvete(f): 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
Everything is special about twins.

My immediate younger siblings are male twins ~ Got a special place for twins in my heart. They're not as identical except a slight height difference (6"4 and the other 6"3), skin tone and their voices are different too! Love 'em! ♥ ❤ ❥
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by bokohalal(m): 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
I even got money and other free stuff because some women wanted to use my Shango Shrine!
Should have turned a G.O.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
The bond they share.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by VivyGift(f): 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
Everybody don dey claim twins grin

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by dominique(f): 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
This thread sure brings back memories when teachers will sit us down and try to spot the difference lipsrsealed, when our mates will pinch or hit one of us and ask if the other can feel it angry, when one got punished for what the other did cry etc. What I love most about being a twin is the goodies and extra money we always got from people. what I hate most about it is the attention, I hated the way our mum would put us in same outfits (an-co) making people go oooh and aaah all over the place embarassed.
@topic, they're special alright, but I sure don't want them for kids, I no get power for their wahala tongue

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
I dnt want twins,but if it comes,i pray it should be twins of different gender(boy and girl) and not d same gender(boy boy,girl girl).I just nid 2 kids of different gender,if they are d same gender,i wil go 4 the 3rd,if they are stil d same gender i'l tel ma wife to lock her w*mb.I no nid anytin more dan 3 even if na dsame gender.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by dominique(f): 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
sylvalord: i have twins as brothers(last born) they r quite troublesome due to thier numerous fights over practically evrytin but still they r lovely

Lol, the fighting is twin territory o grin. Got to a stage our mum stopped intervening. we always settled it amongst ourselves. Whoever took sides become a mutual enemy cheesy
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by BCJAY(f): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
The only thing i see in them is their trouble. Come and see my 2yr old girls, Taiwo ll always want to carry Kehinde's food leaving her own. They also like to fight, if i back one i must carry the other, come see war. I've been out of work because of them, i tire but its fun watching them grow.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by PStacks(m): 3:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
grin are you guys really that identical that u get beaten up on behalf of ur twin.. grin

I envy you guys tho... Av seen some really really Un-identical twins

Thank God for Mary Slessor. One Person can truly change the world..

You might be the change the world is waiting for.
You might be the miracle the world is waiting for.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Sicozone(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
beautiful twins

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Originalsly: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
Identical twins are really special. They are pretty much the same person.They share a bond like no other siblings including fraternal twins. I watched a documentary on identical twins where they were separated and asked questions like choose a number...a colour and more than 70% gave the same answers. What I know for sure...don't ever get into a fight with an identical twin...even if the other is not present cause if he is in the area...he will be on his way in a rush as soon as the first punch is thrown...and he is not coming to make peace!
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by RoyalRoy(m): 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
P.Stacks:
grin are you guys really that identical that u get beaten up on behalf of ur twin.. grin

I tell you!!! Its crazy, before u know what's happening you get slapped, pushed around by people you barely know!
After a while you get used to it, that stuphid brother of mine has gotten into trouble again...so atimes I fight back...atimes he is the one who I wl get home to fight!!!
Crazy Primary School days....fun though!!

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
P.Stacks:

Thank God for Mary Slessor. One Person can truly change the world..

You might be the change the world is waiting for.
You might be the miracle the world is waiting for.

STFU A$$~~!!!! MARY SLESSOR IS THE ONE THAT SPREAD THE LIES IN THE FIRST PLACE! YORUBAS NEVER KILLED TWINS! angry

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Amadioha123(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
Twins ar special breed of personality.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
@OP, If you are Yoruba, then you are lucky to be born twins, because then you have the Ibeji spirit and you are given preferential status.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by RoyalRoy(m): 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
moreeni: Lordy Lordy, I TOTALLY love twins! Two for the price of one! Edunjobi Ejire. Mirror images of each other.

By the way, I love you for being a member of a twin set OP kiss

Really?

I love you tube!!

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by potentpraise: 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
If you don't have money, twins are not joke.
If don't have time to separate fight, then don't ask for twins
If you can not do children care overtime, don't have for twins: both can get sick at the same time
If you are lazy, don't ask for twins cos you will watch and wash cloths tire
If you don't like to be asked questions by stranger, don't ask for twins(Are they twinS?)

Above all, they are best for those that have money to take care of them not, those in face me and face you and okada rider, however, if you are in face me and face and ride okada and you have them, through them, God could change your status to landlord and car owner.

The Good thing is God does not discriminate... so you status does not matter, because God will be ready to upgrade you because of the children
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by RoyalRoy(m): 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
@OP, If you are Yoruba, then you are lucky to be born twins, because then you have the Ibeji spirit and you are given preferential status.

Pagan...I know all the history & tradition attached to it.
It worked more for the better part of childhood....but growing up with separate identities reduced such preferential treatment!!!
But once in a while we still get "noticed" and treated with extra attention!!!
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by kepsi123(m): 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
Remember when we wanted to write WAEC. The photographer for our passports mixed all sixteen copies. Nobody could separate them into two sets. We just picked any set. If our parent couldn't tell the difference WAEC sure would not either.

9 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Clemzy16(m): 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
friendl: Funny enough,I am a twin ODION and AKHERE
edo tinz!!

Reminds me of my longtime neighbour. Papa iziegbe, who has 8 children, 2 twins(making 4) and all of them are female.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
Royal Roy:

Pagan...I know all the history & tradition attached to it.
It worked more for the better part of childhood....but growing up with separate identities reduced such preferential treatment!!!
But once in a while we still get "noticed" and treated with extra attention!!!

yeahh. actually in the past it was more practiced. To not give into the demands of the twins would mean incurring the wrath of their dual force.

This is why the Gods, and Ibeji blessed The Yoruba with having the highest rate of twinning in the world, at 45-50 twin sets (or 90-100 twins) per 1,000 live births.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by ameenahz(f): 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
My father is one of a set of twins and my husband is too, both fraternal, both a set of 2 boys. Dad's Taiwo, hubby's Kehinde from their respective sets. But fortunately (or unfortunately), none for me! I still hav 1 more trial left anyway. Let see what happens this time.

It was (still is) fun watching my dad n his brother. And i feel happy watching hubby and his brother too.

I love twins. I dont mind the hard work.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by druid06(m): 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
For those dudes who want to have twins, triplets and quadruplet... Remember overpopulation and the effect it's having on your dear earth.

One kid is enough for me.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Hummingbird: 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
byvan: @Efe,My dear i love seeing other parents with multiples but I really can't explain why I don't like them for myself . Maybe because of the stress or I don't need that weird duplication of the same face,i think it has more to do with the latter.Talk of overstretched tummy that comes with carrying multiples and the fact that most are born premature. I just don't like them for myself,the thought of them scares me.
sure you dnt wnt twins o,m expecting twins and d way dos hyper actives kick inside me no b joke ooo...my tommy sef don over over strech n c strech marks...I cnt eat a whole store of fud nw..I av to buy all my baby tins in double..above all,twins r wonderful,I grew up amist twins(twins r very common in my family,nt suprised m going to av dem too)cnt wait to c mine
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Hummingbird: 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
byvan: @Efe,My dear i love seeing other parents with multiples but I really can't explain why I don't like them for myself . Maybe because of the stress or I don't need that weird duplication of the same face,i think it has more to do with the latter.Talk of overstretched tummy that comes with carrying multiples and the fact that most are born premature. I just don't like them for myself,the thought of them scares me.
sure you dnt wnt twins o,m expecting twins and d way dos hyper actives kick inside me no b joke ooo...my tommy sef don over over strech n c strech marks...I cn eat a whole store of fud nw..I av to buy all my baby tins in double..above all,twins r wonderful,I grew up amist twins(twins r very common in my family,nt suprised m going to av dem too)cnt wait to c mine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five Best Ways To Punish A Woman If You Don't Want To Beat Or Abuse Her Physical / Is Penny Auctions Of Kobobid Legit Or Scam? / 78% Of Girls In Northern Nigeria Marry Before Age 18 – Daily Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.