Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,992,085 members, 7,288,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 February 2023 at 10:53 PM

Exchange Studies In Poland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Exchange Studies In Poland (486 Views)

Advice On Studying In Poland / Nigerian In Poland Needs Information On Norway. / Advice On Study In Poland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exchange Studies In Poland by zaffresky: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
I am a Pakistani national and want to apply for Polish student visa but there is some confusion regarding the financial means. I request all forum members to guide me in this regard.

Following details are mentioned by the embassy regarding the financial means.

[B]1. Sponsorship formal obligation of your sponsor (Affidavit), certified by notaries act in Pakistan, proof of sufficient financial means of your sponsor (proof of income and bank statements) or Polish or foreign official scholarship.[/B]

[B]2. Statement of fix deposit account in Pakistan of applicant with at least 5000 EURO per studying year.[/B]


[B]Any foreigner traveling to the Republic of Poland in order to begin or continue his/her studies, partake in medical research or any other kind of trainings, should posses an amount of 1,600 zlotys or its equivalent in foreign currency, so as to be able to cover the costs of living and lodging for each month of his/her stay.
Documents, with which the foreigner, as stated in the act, is able to prove his possession of the above mentioned amount, necessary to cover his/her costs of living and lodging, are as follows:

Bank statement issued by a financial institution, with one of its branches being located on the territory of the Republic of Poland; the bank statement should prove the foreigner’s possession of an amount not less than that declared above, stamped and singed by an eligible bank staff member and issued not (sooner/later) than one month prior to crossing the border; traveller’s cheques; credit card, with which the foreigner is able to pay on the territory of the Republic of Poland, along with a bank statement declaring the limit of the credit card; debit card issued by a bank, which the foreigner will be able to use on the territory of the Republic of Poland, along with an up-to-date bank statement declaring the state of the bank account or an official bank letter, in which the same information will be included; original copy of the invitation, as stated in article 16 of the act dated 13 June 2003, in regards to foreigners; document proving that the foreigner is eligible and has been granted a scholarship.

In case when a declaration, as stated in the act proclaims that a foreigner will begin his/her studies, partake in medical research or other forms of training, on the grounds of payment, a proof of payment covering the first year of studies or its full term, if the studies will take less than one year, is also necessary; or a statement proving the possession of funds in the amount sufficient to cover the cost of studies, provided in the declaration.[/B]

Additional details " The M.Sc program has a pecularity that each semester is organized in a different country and the first semester will be organized in Poland."

Now I am uncertain about the following aspects

1. Do I need to present/deposit the study cost for 1 year (5000 Euro) or for the whole duration of course i.e. 2 years (10,000)? [In fact, due to nature of the program I'll be studying only for 1 semester in Poland]

2. Since the financial means will be transferred from my father's account to mine, do I still need to present a sponsorship formal obligation? and do I need any proof (e.g. Affidavit) that my father has given me this money ?

3. What I have understood from the above mentioned requirements, I need to show a proof of fix deposit (5000 or 10,000 Euros) + 1600 PLN/month ( as living costs). Am I right ?

4. Also, I think that fix deposit amount may be in any local bank, while the living costs should be deposited in such a bank that has its branch in Poland? Do you think that is the case ?

5. lastly, the embassy mentions "Return ticket (open) to Pakistan". I intend to return to pakistan after the completion of my course and open tickets are not available for duration more than 1 year. Also purchasing actual tickets will be risky in case there is something wrong with my application.What should I do?

I kindly request all forum members to please guide me. Thank you in advance

(1) (Reply)

Would There Be Yet Another Selection For October Dv 2013 ? / I Need Dubai Update / Fed Govt Suspends Licence Of Associated Airlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.