Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima (22016 Views)

Code Of Conduct: FG May Drop Some Charges Against Saraki / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by ssii: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
2015: Jonathan seals deal with Muslim leaders

*President may dump Sambo for Yerima

By Jide Ajani

President Goodluck Jonathan may dump Vice President Namadi Sambo for the former Zamfara State governor, Senator Sani Ahmed Yerima, as his running mate for the 2015 presidential election, it was learnt at the weekend.

The President, who met with some Muslim scholars and leaders on his anticipated second term bid, was said to have been impressed by the senator’s role in facilitating the meeting between him and the Muslim leaders, who promised to mobilise support for him.

Interestingly, this is coming at a time when the Professor Ango Abdulahi’s Northern Elders Forum, NEF, has made it known that the North would not support President Jonathan’s second term bid.

Sources said that Yerima, an All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain, directed his associate and deputy governor of Zamfara State, Ibrahim Wakala, who served under him as the Commissioner for Religious Affairs for eight years, to mobilise Muslim scholars to the Presidential Villa, Abuja, for the meeting.

Jonathan

Although the scholars were earlier scheduled to hold another meeting in Ibadan, Oyo State, for the purpose of forging unity among Muslim leaders, they abandon the Ibadan parley for the Aso Rock meeting, where the President solicited their support for his political aspiration.

The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Saa’d Abubakar, it was learnt, was not aware of the Abuja meeting.

Vice President Sambo and the National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), were said not to be part of the meeting.

A source very close to the meeting revealed that “in 2011, the President received bloc support of Christians because they were organised. He is trying to see how he can get the same support from Muslims in 2015. This is where Alhaji Sani Yerima came in.

“He convinced the President about his popularity among Muslim leaders throughout Nigeria.

“The former governor directed Wakala to act as the link between the Muslim scholars and the President, and to mobilise them to the meeting in Aso Rock where the President, Yerima, the Chief of Staff and Protocol Officer were present.

“There, Jonathan sought for their cooperation, which they promised to give”.

The source disclosed that, at the meeting, Jonathan promised to address the grievances of Muslims before the 2015 general election which includes appointing a Muslim minister from the South into the Federal Executive Council.

The source added. “The former governor also used the meeting to strike a deal with the President. Now, the President, apart from promising to make Yerima the Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT) during the next cabinet reshuffle, is considering making him his running mate in 2015, owing to his perceived influence among Nigerian Muslims. The President believes that he will be a better choice in this circumstance.

“In fact, at the end of the day, logistics support was reportedly provided for the leaders for taking time out to meet with Mr. President.

“Yerima”, Sunday Vanguard learnt, “then threw in another request, advising the President to sponsor them for the Umurah, the lesser hajj, so that they can pray for the actualisation of his ambition in the holy land”.

This request may not be strange as the Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has been known to extend such favours to ‘Men of God’”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/2015-jonathan-seals-deal-with-muslim-leaders/#sthash.KdX5AX2U.dpuf
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by LOUDmedia(m): 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
All na wash!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
Doesn't sound like a good idea. Yerima's temperament and Sharia heritage would prove a distraction to Jonathan's government. Besides, Sambo has been an ideal, loyal, unobstrusive deputy so far. . .although I admit he brings little political capital to the ticket. Then again, this is just an unfounded rumour

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Tolexander: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
If this is done and GEJ wins the election. Which of the Senator Sani Yerima's wives becomes the 2nd lady of the federation?

The 13year-Egyptian girl he married in 2010?

27 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by ssii: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
Tolexander: If this is done and GEJ wins the election. Which of the Senator Sani Yerima's wives becomes the 2nd lady of the federation?

Tolexander: If this is done and GEJ wins the election. Which of the Senator Sani Yerima's wives becomes the 2nd lady of the federation?

Maybe. grin

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by ssii: 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
pro01: Doesn't sound like a good idea. Yerima's temperament and Sharia heritage would prove a distraction to Jonathan's government. Besides, Sambo has been an ideal, loyal, unobstrusive deputy so far. . .although I admit he brings little political capital to the ticket. Then again, this is just an unfounded rumour

Most definitely maybe true. GEJ is so desperate right now, he can associate with any sort to get what he wants.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Very interesting! I doubt if Yerima would defect to PDP, he is a staunch member of ANPP. In politics anything is possible anyway. Watching with keen interest!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by ssii: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
berem: Very interesting! I doubt if Yerima would defect to PDP, he is a staunch member of ANPP. In politics anything is possible anyway. Watching with keen interest!

I guess GEJ is quilty of the same crime Amaechi is accused of, he is romancing with the opposition.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by eggheaders(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
I thought gej yansh lickers here are always distancing their oga from Muslims. clearly if this story is truth then the desperation of the otueke fisherman is becoming so glaring. and fyi Muslims ain't gonna vote gej this hungry peeps are only looking for paper to line their pockets.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by idumuose(m): 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2013
The story does nt make sense.He wants to make Yerima
Vice president simply because the latter brought some muslim
Scholars to him who inturn will mobilize muslem supporters
For him during 2015 election.Who was there when he promised
Him vice presidency?ok,we are watching!

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by jhydebaba(m): 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
Jonathan and Yerima for 2015: let the game begin.

*Takes back seat*
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Abagworo(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yerima is synonymous with introduction of Sharia in Nigeria but funny enough his State remained peaceful.

As for Jonathan and his supporters, I can see that they are beginning to realize that all Nigerians are needed and their divide and rule tactics is on the brink of collapse. Both Sambo and Jonathan look dull at least in appearance. I think Yerima can add more glamour to the mix and would have served all these years as a better VP than the dull Sambo.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
ssii:

I guess GEJ is quilty of the same crime Amaechi is accused of, he is romancing with the opposition.
....and that makes him a hypocrite!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by jjcbuthot: 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
How will muslims vote for GEJ after all the orchestrated bombings to tarnish the image of muslims in the north? After all the divide and rule to make xtians afraid of anybody that is a muslim?

The same tactics is being deployed in River State now with a bomb explosion at the venue of an event Wike was attending - but wide wasnt hurt - lol.

8 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Na lie. Pure lie

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by ujchief(m): 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
Desperation is gradually setting in. GEJ is grasping on straws: he knows he doesn't have anything to show for the number of years he's been seated at aso rock, eating N1bil food per annum. So he feels the best way to win election is to play the religion card again like he played the 'I had no shoe' card.

Sincere 9gerian: Na lie. Pure lie

I'm surprised you ain't attacking vanguard this time around. You're disappointed it ain't premiumtimes or sahara reporters.

Well, we all will watch as the drama unfolds.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Tolexander: 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
ujchief: Desperation is gradually setting in. GEJ is grasping on straws: he knows he doesn't have anything to show for the number of years he's been seated at aso rock, eating N1bil food per annum. So he feels the best way to win election is to play the religion card again like he played the 'I had no shoe' card.

I'm surprised you ain't attacking vanguard this time around. You're disappointed it ain't premiumtimes or sahara reporters.

Well, we all will watch as the drama unfolds.
you be liar!
He doesn't eat 1billion naira food annually o, it is 4billion naira annually o

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by OmoAwori2(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
This will definetely bring Sharia Laws into Nigeria through the back door of Aso Rock.

Another in-fighting, as you will be the 2nd-Lady in Nigeria from all Mr Yerima's many wives in his harem.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by launique: 2:51am On Jul 15, 2013
Tufiakwa! That Jihadist

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by dayokanu(m): 3:10am On Jul 15, 2013
Retardeen is becoming desperate

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Sloan: 4:41am On Jul 15, 2013
Some people might soon find they have been duped if this retardeen makes this move. Still watching anyway - I no send the loser!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Itoroetti(m): 6:11am On Jul 15, 2013

Lol.My friend,gej is wiser and can never adopt a child abused person as his deputy.
Moreover,sambo has so far bin an ideal deputy.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Itoroetti(m): 6:18am On Jul 15, 2013
ssii:

Most definitely maybe true. GEJ is so desperate right now, he can associate with any sort to get what he wants.

U are a liar.ur buhari and tinubu are the desperate men we all know.evident has shown us so.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Itoroetti(m): 6:22am On Jul 15, 2013
eggheaders: I thought gej yansh lickers here are always distancing their oga from Muslims. clearly if this story is truth then the desperation of the otueke fisherman is becoming so glaring. and fyi Muslims ain't gonna vote gej this hungry peeps are only looking for paper to line their pockets.

Truely, u are an egghead.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Brimmie(m): 6:40am On Jul 15, 2013
[size=15]GEJ should stop being a wet puss.yy and come out clean to announce he's gon' run for 2015[/size]

====================
Last Bullet: If him like, make e use Al-Mustapha.. una no dey return for Aso-Rock!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by 3ace(m): 6:47am On Jul 15, 2013
Oh what a pity, so Sambo will soon be sacrificed like a pawn on a chess board. I pray is not true cos I hate that Yerima.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 15, 2013
Heh - no wonder gej was pardoning child rap-ists .
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 15, 2013
Joke of the day
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by Forzap: 7:26am On Jul 15, 2013
Its a gud idea 4 GEJ's ambition sha,cos dat sambo too dull!
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by ichommy(m): 7:29am On Jul 15, 2013
Is this Scope or Wisdom?
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by AnOlAd: 7:29am On Jul 15, 2013
2015/ 2015! 2015! Hmmmmm we watching...
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima by danny301: 7:33am On Jul 15, 2013

See what a grown up man could make out of the whole thing! I have a feeling that the 13 year old Egyptian girl would even me more matured and reasonable than you are.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VP Elect Osinbajo Hosts A Special 'Thank You Dinner' In Lagos(Photos) / Buhari To Nigerians: Change Your Lawless Habits So We Can Achieve The Change / NNPC Announces Top-management Level Appointments, Redeployments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.