Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,298 members, 7,867,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

It Is Now Clear That Soyinka Didn't Merit His Nobel Prize - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Now Clear That Soyinka Didn't Merit His Nobel Prize (2577 Views)

Is It Now Clear That Buhari Is Not Fit To Be President? / It Is Now Clear What Happened To The Missing 20 Billion Dollars-APC / Real Reason For Justice Salami’s Removal Now Clear, Says Action Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Now Clear That Soyinka Didn't Merit His Nobel Prize by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 15, 2013
mgbeketoto:

LIKE SOYINKA, LIKE ACHEBE. . . . kiss

I really don give a PHOCK about YOUR 'TRIBE' or mine sweerie.

I AM A NIGERIAN. . . Thank ya! kiss
GOD bless you bro. God bless you
Re: It Is Now Clear That Soyinka Didn't Merit His Nobel Prize by NaijaFlow: 10:47am On Jul 15, 2013
Dem don open soyinka nyash. hmmmmmm e dey smell bad bad,
Re: It Is Now Clear That Soyinka Didn't Merit His Nobel Prize by launique: 11:31am On Jul 15, 2013
Our teachers don't teach us undiluted history in school. These are some of the things our students should have learnt in secondary school.
Re: It Is Now Clear That Soyinka Didn't Merit His Nobel Prize by mgbeketoto: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
la_unique: My problem is that we were talking about Soyinka and you mentioned Achebe. Do you want to start another tribal mudslinging? Don't you know the tribal heat any Achebe vs Soyinka debate generates?

If you or anyone else wants to start your usual TRIBAL MUD FEST. . .your problem.
It was only an anology.
IF TRIBAL BIGOTS CANNOT READ IT AT THAT. . .TOO BAD!
I referred to 'literary' has-beens only. . . AS THEY GET SENILE WITH THE AGING PROCESS. . . .and start GOSSIPPING. . .instead of WRITING LITERATURE!

We all have our perceptions. . . NOT MY HEADACHE! kiss
Re: It Is Now Clear That Soyinka Didn't Merit His Nobel Prize by launique: 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
mgbeketoto:

If you or anyone else wants to start your usual TRIBAL MUD FEST. . .your problem.
It was only an anology.
IF TRIBAL BIGOTS CANNOT READ IT AT THAT. . .TOO BAD!
I referred to 'literary' has-beens only. . . AS THEY GET SENILE WITH THE AGING PROCESS. . . .and start GOSSIPPING. . .instead of WRITING LITERATURE!

We all have our perceptions. . . NOT MY HEADACHE! kiss
We all know what you wanted to achieve by mentioning Achebe there. You want to start off another Achebe vs Soyinka fiasco, abi?
Re: It Is Now Clear That Soyinka Didn't Merit His Nobel Prize by mgbeketoto: 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
la_unique: We all know what you wanted to achieve by mentioning Achebe there. You want to start off another Achebe vs Soyinka fiasco, abi?

No. I am really not interested in 'either'!
When ACHEBE wanted to go on a final CELESTIAL journey, he started writing TRASH.
I guess it is SOYINKA'S turn.
That is my point!
OLD AGE SUCKS PERIOD!
Sorry. . . your tribal banter ain't gonna fly. . .THAT WAS YOUR OWN AIM!
Pele o! kiss
Re: It Is Now Clear That Soyinka Didn't Merit His Nobel Prize by Vansnickers: 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
Garri the 1st: IBB is a very honest and forthright dude who says the truth at all times. Little wonder Ojukwu campaigned for him against GEJ...

cool

LMAO! I see what you did there.
Re: It Is Now Clear That Soyinka Didn't Merit His Nobel Prize by launique: 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
mgbeketoto:

No. I am really not interested in 'either'!
When ACHEBE wanted to go on a final CELESTIAL journey, he started writing TRASH.
I guess it is SOYINKA'S turn.
That is my point!
OLD AGE SUCKS PERIOD!
Sorry. . . your tribal banter ain't gonna fly. . .THAT WAS YOUR OWN AIM!
Pele o! kiss
You call it trash because it didn't favor you, right? God bless whoever said that the truth is bitter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keyamo Accuses Delta APC Of Fraud, Pulls Out Of Senatorial Primary Election / Army Is Still Saying The Same Thing: "We Don't Have Buhari's Certificate" / List Of People That Will Be Disgraced When Jonathan Eventually Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.