Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain (15902 Views)

Rivers Tribunal: Why Peterside Was Ineligible To Run For Governor / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members / Jonathan Ineligible To Run In 2015 – New PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by Ptimes: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2013
Mr. Ardo is a top PDP gubernatorial aspirant in Adamawa.

Umar Ardo, a gubernatorial aspirant in Adamawa State under the platform of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has said President Goodluck Jonathan’s is not eligible to contest the presidency in the 2015.

“The president himself promised not to contest in 2015 during his 2011 electioneering campaigns. Now a leader’s word must be his bond,” he said.

Mr. Ardo, who was an academic before joining politics, also chided the Chairman of Board of Trustees of the PDP, Tony Anenih; former federal commissioner, Edwin Clark; for what he described as their antecedents in always promoting the elongation of tenures of incumbent presidents.

He advised the President to shelve his ambition in the interest of the nation and judicial pronouncement.

“It is my contention that based on the implication of the Supreme Court judgment of INEC versus the 5 PDP Governors (Nyako, Sylva, Imoke, Wamako and Idris) the president is unarguably ineligible to contest”.

Mr. Ardo also spoke about the president’s campaign promises and governing policies, as it affects the state of the nation which he said made the President ineligible to contest the 2015 presidential election.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140959-jonathan-ineligible-to-contest-2015-presidential-election-pdp-chieftain.html
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by iamswizz(m): 10:17am On Jul 15, 2013
Gej till 2024

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 15, 2013
“The president himself promised not to
contest in 2015 during his 2011
electioneering campaigns. Now a leader’s
word must be his bond,” he said.

Was there any written agreement? If yes... Then there's cause for GEJ to worry, but if no... Perhaps he's seeking for cheap attention.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2013
iamswizz: Gej till 2024

What is this one saying? angry

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by Wendyslim(f): 10:22am On Jul 15, 2013
Na politics he dey play dat time. Who no like beta thing. grin grin dats the spirit in power

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by k2039: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2013
“The president himself promised not to contest in 2015 during his 2011 electioneering campaigns. Now a leader’s word must be his bond,”

They fell for the oldest trick in the book. I'm sorry they learnt it the hard way. Most politicians if not all are liars. They will promise the moon as long as they have not gotten the power they desire, give them the power and you will realise you were the greatest fool to have believed them in the first place.

Even OBJ wanted a thrid term, IBB and Buhari still want to be president, I wonder why GEJ won't go for second term.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by Wendyslim(f): 10:40am On Jul 15, 2013
Season one
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by Maxymilliano(m): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2013
Ptimes:
“The president himself promised not to contest in 2015 during his 2011 electioneering campaigns.

Ok, if I get you right Sir, Jonathan is not legible to contest in 2015 because of an unwritten agreement that only exist in the imagination of some few and not because of the two term limit enshrined in the constitution

What a warped logic!

Ptimes:
Now a leader’s word must be his bond,” he said.

What a flawed deduction from a supposed academician!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by jmaine: 11:46am On Jul 15, 2013
Tears of despair . . . .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by kelonzy: 11:48am On Jul 15, 2013
#iamswiss, U wan fine trouble abi? u no know say Nigeria go tear if him do am.
I strongly believe that 2015 will mark the fate of Nigeria as a country. My thoughts obviously!
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by YoshiMaster: 11:51am On Jul 15, 2013
I opened this thread expecting to read some legal reasons why he claims the president can't contest, but then I read this:

“The president himself promised not to contest in 2015 during his 2011 electioneering campaigns. Now a leader’s word must be his bond,”

Heya! He might as well tell his mommy on the president, if that's the best reason he can come up with.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by kelonzy: 11:51am On Jul 15, 2013
iamswiss: , U wan fine trouble abi? u no know say Nigeria go tear if him do am.
I strongly believe that 2015 will mark the fate of Nigeria as a country. My thoughts obviously!
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 15, 2013
This man is a dolt. Hear ye Mr Man, the president has changed his mind and will be contesting the 2015 presidential elections. If you feel aggrieved by his decision, you can kick the bucket.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by amiskurie(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
hmmmmmm!
that's it,2015 na die....no long tinz.
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by rozayx5(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
another comment from another confused Politician

GEJ till 2019 cause for now no other option in the so called opposition

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by LOUDmedia(m): 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
Bunch of self-serving power drunkards!
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by baby124: 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
Lwkmd. Just a few hours after releasing Al-mustapha. Did they think that will win an election for GEJ? GEJ just released the 1st person capable of chasing him away with a coup. Fresh mess. grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by bakwes(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
GEJ all the way

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by Zither(m): 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
there is no clause in the constitution binding the President to his word....it is only a question of fulfiling his promise on 'honour' which is not actionable in the court of law. If any such clause exists I would like to know it...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by lacasa: 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
Let him contest, His defeat will be sweeter cool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
former academic? and you dont know the difference btw moral obligation, civil obligation or legal obligation.... if there is no contradiction with the constitution, the he cannot be ineligible to contest.....

may be you should go back to the academic world and click the "brain refresh" button

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by waleadex(m): 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
The wound shall heal. It's a maTter of time.
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by PStacks(m): 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ahn ahn... Everyday new drama in this country....

Nigeria ahn ahn................ Are u the only country in the world?

Nigeria is just a spoilt kid, Probably the dad was never a'home, nobody paid attention to her, but she's a very bright kid that has 100% guarantee to do well if properly monitored....
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
As far as GEJ is constitutionally eligible to contest in 2015 election,this man go bleep the transformer for all we care.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2013

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by amiskurie(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
Maidoki14: Pls has arsene wenger sign any player yet??
all I knw is devil don signed ebele jonah
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by picaro(f): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
Who cares if he's eligible or not. The fact of the matter is, Gej should never be permitted to govern anything or any place ever again. His administrative skills, his choice of selection of his team, leaves so much more to be desired. Corruption index under his watch has reached an alarming height. What more can a nation dread, that has not been dumped on us under his administration? And worse still is the lack of honesty in admitting their failure, but quick to blame 'opponents and detractors' etc. From failing economy to terrorism to decay in infrastructure, to increased poverty and unemployment index, to...just name it. Something is terribly wrong with this country, and the leadership is that one root cause.

Sincerely, Nigeria cannot survive another 4 years under this man. So, that he is eligible in 2015 or not, is not the question. The question is, have Nigerians grown wiser in choosing a leader or not? Have we decided to let go of sentiments of tribe, religion or language, and consider to vote on merit for once? time will tell. As we all know, a Nation deserves its Government.

(PS: any insults hurled at me for the above comment from GEJ's online goons, doesn't change the fact of its truth, that GEJ is whatever he is described to be, 'clueless' and all the others)

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by solomon111(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
baby_123: Lwkmd. Just a few hours after releasing Al-mustapha. Did they think that will win an election for GEJ? GEJ just released the 1st person capable of chasing him away with a coup. Fresh mess. grin
Gej released al-mustapha?
When did Gej became the judiciary?
And btw,who told you that Al-mustapha will remain in the military?
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by omiobo: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
Now Gej don turn to mario. Ibi ni mo ma ku si
Re: Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain by apoti(m): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
Even thou I'm not a fan of GEJ. I do not subscribe to using any dubious means to oust him from Aso rock.

Let him contest for PDP primaries and if he wins, let him contest for the general election and let Nigerians decide

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate / Thugs Clash With Journalists At Kwara High Court (Photos) / Retreat Of PDP National Leaders And State Party Chairmen (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.