Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate (15906 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal And Wife, Maryam Mairo Mustapha (Photos) / Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Aminu Tambuwal Meets With Bola Tinubu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by baye2023(m): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
The Speaker of House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has emerged as the Sokoto APC Gubernatorial candidate in a keenly contested primaries that lasted several hours with about 4,000 delegates from 23 Local Government Areas in the state.

The screening of the delegates commences at about 11 AM Nigerian time while voting started as soon as the screening was over.

Chairman of gubernatorial election committee, Bolaji Khalil stated in his speech the need to adhere to rules of the election and said all the contestants will be given equal treatment throughout the primary election exercise.

Delegates from Binji Local Government were the first to begin voting with Yabo Local Government delegate voting last.
After the voting was concluded, the sorting and counting began immediately and Chairman of gubernatorial election committee, Bolaji Khalil announced the result stating that the winner has emerged. The result shows that, Senator Umaru Dahiru Tambuwal scored 23 votes, Malam Yusha’u Ahmad Muhammad Kebbe, 14 votes, Barrister Sanyinna 0 vote, and Senator Bello Jibrin Gada 0 vote, however, the Speaker, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal scored a total of 3,566 votes.

In his post-election speech, Tambuwal promise to carry all along and thanks all the delegates for their massive support. He said this is just the beginning and therefore call on all the APC supporters to ensure the victory of the party, come 2015.

source:

http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/04/speaker-tambuwal-wins-sokoto-apc-gubernatorial-primary

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Johniyke2flex(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
Typing...

Nd wats the big shit about being the first to comment Mtchewwww! Nd I was thinking that it's gives a glorious feeling. Nonsense! Sote pips will be doing fasting nd prayers just to be here.

To all the Nairaland members...na mumu dey worry una!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by KenJak(m): 9:17pm On Dec 04, 2014
Congratulations to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Kbdon(m): 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
congrat.i hope 2015 will b kwankwaso/rochas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by engrfcuksmtin(m): 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
Please who is Tambuwal? We don't know him here in Bethlehem grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
Now he should humbly resign as speaker and concentrate on his gubernatorial ambition

4 Likes

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by sagitarius(m): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
That's wonderful. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
Not unexpected...

Can't wait for Tambawal (APC) Vs Muktar Shagari (PDP)

I hope Tambawal win

20 Likes

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by chamboy(m): 9:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
Tambs
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by eunisam: 9:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
B4nko?
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by eleko1: 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
cool coolHeartfelt congratulations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by nuelsylves(m): 9:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
Kbdon:
congrat.i hope 2015 will b kwankwaso/rochas

why not Rochas/Kwankwaso?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by aforosco(m): 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by OAM(m): 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
When good men run for elective positions, they always win, and am certain of our General#ThinkAbuja #ThinkSokoto #ThinkLagos

3 Likes

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Kbdon(m): 9:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
nuelsylves:

why not Rochas/Kwankwaso?
because kwankwaso has more fans dan him

6 Likes

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
Great ...my comment based on RULE 1

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Truman155(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
politiks na wa o

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by alaoeri: 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2014
This is nice, APC using ppl that can get votes for them.

7 Likes

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
Not unexpected...

Can't wait for Tambawal (APC) Vs Muktar Shagari (PDP)

I hope Tambawal win

I am not sure if Mukhtar Shagari would be given the ticket though he was promised by OBJ when he was asked to step down for Wamakko who decamped from ANPP though Mukhtar had already won the PDP ticket then

But the coming of Attahiru Bafarawa who is a Former Governor ( and the defacto highest ranking leader in PDP now as Party Leadership is based on seniority) is threatning Mukhtar's chances as Bafarawa would want to play the Godfather and i am not sure he has Mukhtar as his candidate

All in all,Mukhtar case looks pitiable and the fact that he is not extremely popular too is a minus for him

But be that as it may PDP is like a poisoned chalice that no one wants to touch in the North........so APC will win Sokoto hands down

14 Likes

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Alphaoscar: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
change! change!! change!!!

awaiting Governor 2015!!!
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
soroptimist:

I am not sure if Mukhtar Shagari would be given the ticket though he was promised by OBJ when he was asked to step down for Wamakko who decamped from ANPP though Mukhtar had already won the PDP ticket then

But the coming of Attahiru Bafarawa who is a Former Governor ( and the defacto highest ranking leader in PDP now as Party Leadership is based on seniority) is threatning Mukhtar's chances as Bafarawa would want to play the Godfather and i am not sure he has Mukhtar as his candidate

All in all,Mukhtar case looks pitiable and the fact that he is not extremely popular too is a minus for him

But be that as it may PDP is like a poisoned chalice that no one wants to touch in the North........so APC will win Sokoto hands down
Is the party structure in the kitty of Attahiru Bafarawa? Wamakko was the ANPP candidate in 2007 but the PDP needed a united front with a very popular Wamakko to defeat DPP led by then Gov Bafarawa, his defection to PDp and candidacy was strategic. I perceive Shagari flying the PDP ticket but Tambawal I hope wins. Sokoto is too important

5 Likes

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by onosprince(m): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by motherlode: 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
Congratulations, but he should know that if he eventually becomes the governor of sokoto state undecided ' he is There to lead and not to rule ' grin

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
Is the party structure in the kitty of Attahiru Bafarawa? Wamakko was the ANPP candidate in 2007 but the PDP needed a united front with a very popular Wamakko to defeat DPP led by then Gov Bafarawa, his defection to PDp and candidacy was strategic. I perceive Shagari flying the PDP ticket but Tambawal I hope wins. Sokoto is too important

The part bolded is the big question! But what i know for a fact is that all the former Govs who left APC for PDP then did so due to the fact that they didnt want to play 2nd fiddle to the G5 Govs who decamped from PDP

So in order to score a political goal,PDP i believe must have told them to come and pick the party structure or move in with theirs as dominant figures owing to the fact that they were Former Governors since there is no sitting Governor in any of the states

The structure of the party is always resident in a sitting Governor if the party has one in a state or Former Governor......in the absence of those two,a Minister or Senator is always the party leader

Hence since there was an opening in Sokoto with the exit of Wamakko,i believe that automatically Bafarawa would assume the party leadership ahead of even a sitting Deputy Governor who is also not too popular to trust with the party structure

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by chacoonder(m): 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
Congrats to the man of the people.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by ignis: 12:27am On Dec 05, 2014
This is good politics.

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by hairyanus: 1:00am On Dec 05, 2014
DamnBullHalri.....decamped one month ago and won primaries...you pipo gave him broom without parker, so what did he use in parking the ticket...tax payers money i guess...the commando displaced all others in the state...

9 Likes

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by lalasticlala(m): 2:37am On Dec 05, 2014
baye2023:
BREAKING: Speaker Aminu Tambuwal wins and emerge as the APC gubernatorial candidate in Sokoto State. congratulations....

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by malali: 2:45am On Dec 05, 2014
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by blemon44(m): 2:46am On Dec 05, 2014
i just dont want to comment
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by oliy24(m): 2:47am On Dec 05, 2014
I see him as the Governor already. the man who jump gate just to perform his national duty is worth my vote. congratulations

10 Likes

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate by dvic(m): 2:50am On Dec 05, 2014
Who is tumb

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS / Thugs Clash With Journalists At Kwara High Court (Photos) / Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.