Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Please I Need Your Advise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Your Advise (704 Views)

About To Divorce Him, Please I Need Your Advise / I Need Your Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advise by amtheone(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2013
To cut a long story short. I discovered a particular product in China which the demand in Nigeria is very high.

I met a particular dealer which is so much interested in financing it (it will cost about 8million) to buy 20ft container.

Now my concern is, how do we maintain a healthy relationship in this business without having issues because my money is not involved. I only discover d product and do all the communication with the suplier in China.

He promised to give me a particular percent once the deed is done, that is, to get the product to Nigeria, though we have not agreed yet on that because he wants to know the total cost for shipping and clearing.

Am planning to involve a lawyer so as to prepare a legal document for both of us to sign.

Again, am thinking if after the first transaction he gets to know everything, will he go behind me and do the importation without involving me anymore, because my wife is not comfortable with the idea.

Pls if anyone has done this kind of deal successfully should please share his/her experience.

Thank you
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by mgbeketoto: 11:11am On Jul 15, 2013
You only discovered the product. . .and your money is NOT involved? grin
Then you are only entitled to a 'FINDER'S FEE'!. . . .At the discretion of the 'financier' simple.
Your lawyer can only come in AFTER the financier has agreed on a FINDER'S FEE with you. kiss

Again, am thinking if after the first transaction he gets to know everything, will he go behind me and do the importation without involving me anymore, because my wife is not comfortable with the idea.

He owes you NO obligation AFTER the first transaction. . . .THE AGREED PERCENTAGE SHOULD BE BASED ON A ONE-TIME-PAY-OUT ONLY, SO HAVE JUST ONE TRANSACTION and close the deal! FOR HE WILL SURELY CUT YOU OUT. . . A WISE BUSINESS MOVE TOO! kiss
You don't just sit down and make money. . .WHILE OTHERS INVEST THEIR OWN MONEY. . . just because you ARE aware of a product YOU DID NOT MANUFACTURE! grin

Gosh!. . . .NIGERIANS AND GET RICH QUICK SCHEMES!

*to scammers' business section of NL please. . . .not a family topic*
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by Gboliwe: 11:20am On Jul 15, 2013
Yes a lawyer should be involved only to the extent of safeguarding your percentage. After that initial deal, both of you are not obliagated to remain in business together. You are not siemese twins.
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by amtheone(m): 11:28am On Jul 15, 2013
mgbeketoto: You only discovered the product. . .and your money is NOT involved? grin
Then you are only entitled to a 'FINDER'S FEE'!. . . .At the discretion of the 'financier' simple.
Your lawyer can only come in AFTER the financier has agreed on a FINDER'S FEE with you. kiss

He owes you NO obligation AFTER the first transaction. . . .THE AGREED PERCENTAGE SHOULD BE BASED ON A ONE-TIME-PAY-OUT ONLY, SO HAVE JUST ONE TRANSACTION and close the deal! FOR HE WILL SURELY CUT YOU OUT. . . A WISE BUSINESS MOVE TOO! kiss
You don't just sit down and make money. . .WHILE OTHERS INVEST THEIR OWN MONEY. . . just because you ARE aware of a product YOU DID NOT MANUFACTURE! grin

Gosh!. . . .NIGERIANS AND GET RICH QUICK SCHEMES!

*to scammers'
business section of NL please. . . .not a family topic*

Thanks for ur input. But there is nothing about get rich quick like u put it at d last part of ur remark.

I believe in sincerity of purpose.
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by bellong: 11:50am On Jul 15, 2013
Since you are involving a lawyer, that is a good step in right direction. Mgbeke, may have sound harsh but what she told you is basically the truth.

The easiest way for you to block the behind the scene move of the financier later is to negotiate with the company to make you the sole distributor for Nigeria. I am not sure if Chinese will do that. You can try it anyway.

In between, it will be better the thread is moved to business section.

Goodluck to you
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by amtheone(m): 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
bellong: Since you are involving a lawyer, that is a good step in right direction. Mgbeke, may have sound harsh but what she told you is basically the truth.

The easiest way for you to block the behind the scene move of the financier later is to negotiate with the company to make you the sole distributor for Nigeria. I am not sure if Chinese will do that. You can try it anyway.

In between, it will be better the thread is moved to business section.

Goodluck to you

Thanks Bellong.

Why the guy is so happy is that he didn't know that he can import directly from China without having to leave Nigeria. Because the "big boys" who are into the importation of this very product made it almost impossible for others to venture into it.

Again, I think I will let him have a free ride at a fee by exposing him to the whole process.

The market here in Nigeria is big enough to accommodate many.
Thanks once again.
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by kreamidiva(f): 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
I'm a lawyer....come and do the business with me and my husband and we'll do business happily ever after. kiss
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by bellong: 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
amtheone:

Thanks Bellong.

Why the guy is so happy is that he didn't know that he can import directly from China without having to leave Nigeria. Because the "big boys" who are into the importation of this very product made it almost impossible for others to venture into it.

Again, I think I will let him have a free ride at a fee by exposing him to the whole process.

The market here in Nigeria is big enough to accommodate many.
Thanks once again.

You are welcome bro. One thing is, you can collect the finding fee and still try to negotiate how you can get along with him along the course of the business. He still doesn't know how it works well and the nitty gritty of online communication. In essence, the guy may probably need you after the first one.

You can also consider kreami.diva offer but beware of lawyers ooo.. grin grin grin grin that is a joke.
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by amtheone(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
kreami diva: I'm a lawyer....come and do the business with me and my husband and we'll do business happily ever after. kiss

Madam Diva, that is serious ohhh. Do you have warehouse to put them within the space of 1month? Anyway, I know that u are joking.

Thanks all the same.
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by amtheone(m): 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
bellong:

You are welcome bro. One thing is, you can collect the finding fee and still try to negotiate how you can get along with him along the course of the business. He still doesn't know how it works well and the nitty gritty of online communication. In essence, the guy may probably need you after the first one.

You can also consider kreami.diva offer but beware of lawyers ooo.. grin grin grin grin that is a joke.

Thanks Bellong.

After the first transaction I will know from his behaviours. U know my brother, some people can really be funny by thinking that they know more than their teacher - Lol.

Because my wife is like are u sure that this guy will pay u what he promised after the deal is done.

So, let's See how it goes.
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by bellong: 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
amtheone:

Thanks Bellong.

After the first transaction I will know from his behaviours. U know my brother, some people can really be funny by thinking that they know more than their teacher - Lol.

Because my wife is like are u sure that this guy will pay u what he promised after the deal is done.

So, let's See how it goes.

Alright, way to go. Just be careful with the deal.

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Mothers Are Fonder Than Fathers / Mother Punches Her 3yr Old Son To Death / The Code Of Silence Must Be Broken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.