Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Crazy But True Facts About Culture - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Crazy But True Facts About Culture (17610 Views)

10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. / Funny But True African Proverbs / Funny But True To Life Superstitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by Ngutor(m): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
gluv01: If Rain fall and sun shine the same time, lion don born pikin grin

TIV people believe you must serve your male guest with your wife(s*x) to promote good friendship.
I want to strongly believe you must be a TIV man's wife. What better authority
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by onuwaje(m): 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
Henry praise: Among the Okpe pple of urhobo delta state, it is forbidden to use kitchen utensils to flog or hit sum one.

Among the okpe pple again, a young girl hu uses one hand to grind pepper will make a bad house wife in d future.

It is forbidden for children to eat the gizzard, chest, yanch, liver, heart, lap(thighs) of birds and animals such ar reserved for d most senior in d house, the children or young ones can have d head, neck, sheyge(fingers) wonder if dem be juju

A woman does not do "Ishegwarre" in a meetin, she will be fined.

The last drink remaining in a bottle is left for the owner of d house, if u drink it, u will buy anoda bottle of drink and be fined.

It is forbidden to ask a visitor U GO CHOP? its taken as an insult.

U neva purnish a child wit hunger.
urhobo waado!

1 Like

Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by honeric01(m): 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
xynerise:
You cant change your culture by modifying my post.

Its your culture, that's why you could boldly typed such comment, you know yourself.

The prostitutes in Edo states know themselves, but when they're exposed, they claim Bini. Check out their names, rarely'll you find any with a bini name. These tribes in Edo state mostly bear foreign names like Bose, Shade, Chichi, e.t.c, none can speak bini fluently.

Thank God you've just exposed one of the tribes 'AGBOR'.

The Binis are too proud to push their precious women into prostitution.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by honeric01(m): 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by xynerise: 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
honeric01:

Its your culture, that's why you could boldly typed such comment, you know yourself.

The prostitutes in Edo states know themselves, but when they're exposed, they claim Bini. Check out their names, rarely'll you find any with a bini name. These tribes in Edo state mostly bear foreign names like Bose, Shade, Chichi, e.t.c, none can speak bini fluently.

Thank God you've just exposed one of the tribes 'AGBOR'.

The Binis are too proud to push their precious women into prostitution.
I don talk finish. Benin people like Ashewo. Go hug crocodile
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by eribaba: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
hakunajay: the igede people of benue state wont have intercourse in open places, they believed that a roof must be present at least. I don't know if they are trying to hide the stuff from God
a blatant lie!!!
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by redfly(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
At Fadeyi bus-stop, no agbero issues change to the conductor. Anyone that tries it shall be struck by lightning.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by aduje(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
remecy: Culture is a way of life for different people and as such what is good for the goose in your culture might not be good for same goose in mine.
What is the craziest fetish but true fact you have ever seen or heard about a culture, people or state,within or outside Nigeria......
1) in Delta, if you kill a monitor lizard, you bury just like you bury human being.
2) in Edo, Owan, if a woman cheats on her hubby and he is aware and still sleeps with her or shred uses her boyfriend money cook for him,the hubby will die and her children falls sick.
Lets hear yours............

In Delta state, there over 11 minor ethnic groups with varying cultures... I know that some part of Ndokwa i.e. Kwale (Ukwu Ani) They treat a particular part of snake with high respect. They (their core traditional people) sing her praise, spread white chalk, throw cowries to it and call her their mother. Also, they conduct a proper burial if such snake dies. If it is killed by mistake, they do some sacrifices to appease the gods.

The proper Asaba people forbid 'Ogbono soup' As a matter of fact, it is an abormination to sell Ogbono seed in their Ogbogonogo market.

The Ika (Agbor and Owa) people run after gian rat -(Big Domestic ones like you see in Lagos), for pepper soup. They can do anything to kill such rats. Ironically, Agbor people hunt and kill for delicacy, the same snake the Ukwu Ani people forbid to eat and treat like their mummy.

@OP Which one is Monitor Lizard...I need some education here!

During the cause of growing up and by the nature of my dad's work, I have been to most major towns in Delta State.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by honeric01(m): 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
xynerise:
I don talk finish. We Agbor people like Ashewo. If u no like us, go hug crocodile
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
@Aduje ,Agbor people don't eat rats. That is Rabbit and it lives in d bush nt in d house.Take note. they're different b/w Rat & Rabbit.

1 Like

Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by xynerise: 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
@Honeric. dude am not from Agbor. You go just start war between Agbor and Benin people for here. grin
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by Henrypraise: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
onuwaje: urhobo waado!
Hey!!! Itsekiri "wadoo"(correct me) cheesy cheesy. This Onuwaje... Na only "Mobie" I sabi for itseke. How far.

Among the Ijaws, to share bitter kola wit sum one signifies u ar swearin to an oath wit d person.

1 Like

Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by honeric01(m): 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
xynerise: @Honeric. dude am not from Agbor. You go just start war between Agbor and Benin people for here. grin

You are now denying your tribe? Whata shame lolz

btw, war with Agbor? you meam war Like Togo vs Nigeria?
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
onuwaje: @op not all parts of delta(with respect to monitor lizards) infact it is found among the 'orogun' people(a part of urhobo)

1,The ikwerre people of rivers state don't eat red corn
2,The ikwerre people of rivers state don't have S E X on the floor
3.The irrigwe people of benue state see sex as a must for every woman(every woman is expected to be submissive)
4.the yoruba's don't use a knife to face someone(it must be pierced on the ground 3tyms)
5.The urhobo/itsekiri don't whistle at night(cos they believe it alerts evil spirit
6.When walking in the bush u must leave a mark to know ur route(cos spirits changes 'em) ETC
THE IKWERRE PEOPLE ARE MISSING A LOT

1 Like

Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2013
robosapien: In American culture, you don't ask women how old they are nor call them FAT. But guess.... you already know!

ALSO IN AMERICAN CULTURE......
......A MAN CAN FCK ANODA MAN UP THE AZZ & IF U EXPRESS DISGUST U RISK GOING 2JAIL
.......U DONT BEAT OR SCOLD UR KIDS. IF THEY STEP OUT OF LINE U CRAWL LIKE A SNAKE AND BEG THEM 4 4GIVNESS
.......U CAN HUMP A GIRL AND IF U DONT SATISFY HER SHE WILL CALL THE PO PO & CLAIM RAPE
.......EVERYONE HAS RIGHT EVEN GOAT, FISH, ANIMAL, TOLO-TOLO AND THE TREES HAVE RIGHT. U CAN GO TO PRISON FOR CUTTING THE BRANCH OF A TREE OR KILLING A RAT

6 Likes

Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by AreaFada2: 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
xynerise:
You cant change your culture by modifying my post.

You are very ignorant. Among some of the poorer people, that may obtain BUT I know a hundred families where all the females are professionals: lawyers, accountants, bankers. Maybe you rented face-me-I-face-you in some poor area, if at all you ever lived there.

Tribalistic generalisation/bigotry is common on Nairaland.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by xynerise: 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
Area-Fada:

You are very ignorant. Among some of the poorer people, that may obtain BUT I know a hundred families where all the females are professionals: lawyers, accountants, bankers. Maybe you rented face-me-I-face-you in some poor area, if at all you ever lived there.

Tribalistic generalisation/bigotry is common on Nairaland.
Your fada
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by xynerise: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
honeric01:

You are now denying your tribe? Whata shame lolz

btw, war with Agbor? you meam war Like Togo vs Nigeria?
Bro, I am not an Agbor man. Onye Igbo ka m bu.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by honeric01(m): 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
xynerise:
Bro, I am not an Agbor man. Onye Igbo ka m bu.

so u came here to fan the flames of tribalism? Take ya time o!
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by xynerise: 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
honeric01:

becos I talk true?
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by AreaFada2: 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
xynerise:
Your fada

Since you are so badly brought up and have NO respect for your father, how can you respect other people's father?

Yours is a hopeless case.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by AreaFada2: 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
honeric01:

No mind am. All these little boys touching some little peanuts and getting carried away. Spew this nonsense to an Edo man face to face if you won't find all your teeth on the floor. Just try it. I have dealt with some of these uncouth bragging empty barrels in the past.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by blackbeau1(f): 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
in some parts of akwa ibom,if you are living with a girl and you havent paid her bride price,if she dies,you will have to marry her corpse (by which i mean,pay her bride price and pay for every other thing you would have paid if you came to ask for her hand in marriage) before you bury her.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by xynerise: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
Area-Fada:

Since you are so badly brought up and have NO respect for your father, how can you respect other people's father?

Yours is a hopeless case.
I wasnt insulting ur father, I was just trying to write your moniker undecided
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by xynerise: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
Area-Fada:

No mind am. All these little boys touching some little peanuts and getting carried away. Spew this nonsense to an Edo man face to face if you won't find all your teeth on the floor. Just try it. I have dealt with some of these uncouth bragging empty barrels in the past.
grin. No be your fault
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by Hadeyemy: 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
nusirat: In some parts of yoruba you dont eat new yam, untill they do yam festival.
also you dont stand on the entrance when rain is falling,
in okitipupa site of ondo, you dont when a woman deliver you dont ask if it is boy or girls
it is applicable to all the ikale people nt opa
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by remecy(f): 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
aduje:

In Delta state, there over 11 minor ethnic groups with varying cultures... I know that some part of Ndokwa i.e. Kwale (Ukwu Ani) They treat a particular part of snake with high respect. They (their core traditional people) sing her praise, spread white chalk, throw cowries to it and call her their mother. Also, they conduct a proper burial if such snake dies. If it is killed by mistake, they do some sacrifices to appease the gods.

The proper Asaba people forbid 'Ogbono soup' As a matter of fact, it is an abormination to sell Ogbono seed in their Ogbogonogo market.

The Ika (Agbor and Owa) people run after gian rat -(Big Domestic ones like you see in Lagos), for pepper soup. They can do anything to kill such rats. Ironically, Agbor people hunt and kill for delicacy, the same snake the Ukwu Ani people forbid to eat and treat like their mummy.

@OP Which one is Monitor Lizard...I need some education here!

During the cause of growing up and by the nature of my dad's work, I have been to most major towns in Delta State.
monitor lizards are those little lizards that live in houses .some call them wallgekos(hope i got that right)
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by Buc(m): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
In Nigeria if you want to thief, thief big time and avoid prison. But, if you thief petty thief, 15years awaiting trial.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by Buc(m): 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
In Nigeria if you don't pay your tax your pastor will not tell you ur commiting a crime. But, when you don't pay tithe, he's quick to tell you ur robbing God.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by elder05(m): 11:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
The people of Orlu in Imo state don't kill pythons. Like they find them sacred or something. We find a lot of pythons here.
Re: Crazy But True Facts About Culture by Hilaskee(m): 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ikwerre people in Port Harcourt prohibits female dog while every part of Ikwerre forbids having sex in the farm and in the floor. Also it is a taboo to sweep, cook or cry at midnight in Ikwerre culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Nigerian Women show off their Cultural Dance Moves. Nigerians reacts / Some African Proverbs You Suppose To Know / What Is So Wrong With Being Left Handed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.