Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

“gbenga Aruleba, Focus Nigeria Host, Sacked By Dokpesi, AIT Owner”…not TRUE! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “gbenga Aruleba, Focus Nigeria Host, Sacked By Dokpesi, AIT Owner”…not TRUE! (1388 Views)

See What Barr.lawrencia Uzoamaka Wore To Gbenga Aruleba's Focus Nigeria On AIT / Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. / Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“gbenga Aruleba, Focus Nigeria Host, Sacked By Dokpesi, AIT Owner”…not TRUE! by usomine007(m): 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
http://t.I found the following post on a listserve:

Those of you who watch AIT would be familiar with the anchor of one of the station’s flagship programmes ‘Focus Nigeria‘, Gbenga Aruleba. I hear that Gbenga was fired with one of his colleagues yesterday by owner of the medium. Find below what my friend sent to me via BBM this morning:

“Al-Mustapha and press freedom : The ‘authoritarian’ Chairman of AIT, Dr Raymond Aleogho Dokpesi, has sacked two senior editorial staff, Gbenga Aruleba and Imoni Amarere over the interview of Mr. Richard Akinnola, a frontline social critic and human rights activist with Aruleba on AIT two days ago on the acquittal of Major Hamza Al Mustapha where Mr. Akinnola strongly condemned the ‘miscarriage of justice‘ of the judgment as a political judgment to pacify the North ahead of the 2015 general election. From a reliable source, Chief Dokpesi threw caution to the wind as he stormed the studio even when the bulletin was still on and stopped it after which he lambasted Aruleba over the controversial interview which he said was in bad taste. Sadly, Dokpesi followed this up yesterday evening by sacking Aruleba and Amarere, (both men are well-trained, talented and experienced broadcasters), and went ahead to place their sack in the 8pm news bulletin of last night. If this is not a gag on free press, then, fellow Nigerians must invent another word to describe this jungle justice. I am very sure late Chief Gani Fawehinmi must be turning with anger and disappointment in his grave right now. Which way Nigeria? Whose political agenda is this ‘Agenebode‘ businessman pursuing? Let’s discuss objectively fellow Nigerians.”co/WlHzg549kT
Re: “gbenga Aruleba, Focus Nigeria Host, Sacked By Dokpesi, AIT Owner”…not TRUE! by Victoronyeulor: 7:53am On Dec 31, 2013
Dat is intrestin but is it true ?

(1) (Reply)

The Face Of A Thieving Thug Turned Politician - / Nwuche To Amaechi: Stop Inciting Nigerians Against Jonathan / No More Food In Aso Rock: Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.