Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,230 members, 7,853,196 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:23 PM

Lessons Gej Must Learn From Obj - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lessons Gej Must Learn From Obj (445 Views)

You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari / Factoids From Obj's New Book From #mywatch By SR. / My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons Gej Must Learn From Obj by advopaul: 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
it is funny how African leaders forget so easily. few years ago, a man called Chief Olusegun Obasanjo occupied the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. During his tenure he declared war on the then Governor of Lagos State,Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu. during this political war, the president exhausted all the powers available to the office of President. some have argued that, the power exercised by the then President was arbitrary and unconstitutional. be that as it may, one thing we must not forget is that he acted in his capacity as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. he applied all tactics that was expected of a General. His rule of Engagement was to destroy anything Bola. not only did he hold back the allocation of the State he also leveled corruption charges on him.

To cut this long political story short. the President did all he could do,but the man Asiwaju Bola Ahmed came out strong than ever. Not only did he complete his tenure,but increased the status of Lagos as a Mega city. one thing the General Forgot was the aftermath of such political war. Before he could realize the cost implication of an Elephant fighting a Camel, it was late. today the president home State (OGUN) is being ruled by a prodigy of the man He fought. in conclusion the whole of South West is under the control of this so called Governor as were.

First question, how did this man become so powerful? the answer to this question is not far fetched. i will recommend that you read the story of David and Goliath in the Bible, but if u are a Muslim am sure their must be such similar story in the Quran. To me this was the greatest mistake of the then President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.

Six years After another President occupying the same office is doing the same political calculation and gymnastics without paying recourse to the past. the painful part to his own political war is that, his rule of engagement is being set by his lovely wife, simply put by a woman. do i need remind you of stories of powerful leaders who lost their exalted position simply because they were misled or confused by women? don't think so, but for reference purpose read the story of Samson and Solomon.. my only question to the President is 'WHAT DOES HE SEEK TO ACHIEVE'at the end.

i know am not in any position to advice the president whatsoever, but if am giving such opportunity, my advice will simply be that he should not make the same mistake his Political benefactor did (OBASANJO). in a nutshell he should not create another Bola Ahmed out of Amechi. i don't think we have what it takes to deal with another Tinubu from the Niger Delta.

he who has ears must and should hear the right advice.
Re: Lessons Gej Must Learn From Obj by omiobo: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
I declare this thread open by the authority of Seun.
Re: Lessons Gej Must Learn From Obj by redsun(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
Tinubu escape jail the same way mustapha did. Because there is no credible investigative team and persecution to bring them to justice.

Tinubu is a free man because Nigeria is a lawless country that doesnt keep or look into past records.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Denying Your Involvement In Rivers Crisis; Tinubu Blasts Jonathan / How Do You Think This Would Pan Out? / Buhari’s Pathetic Utterances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.