Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,552 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari (27804 Views)

Owie: If My Wife Does What Aisha Buhari Did She'll Return To Her Parents / Anenih Impunity Caused PDP Loss In Edo Says Edo PDP Leader Senator Owie / Stop Revenging For 1985 – Owie Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by lalasticlala(m): 7:42am On Apr 16, 2015
Former Senate Chief Whip, Rowland Owie, has advised president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari to be wary of former President Olusegun Obasanjo if he desired to succeed as Nigeria’s leader.

In a statement in Benin City, capital of Edo State, yesterday, Owie said: “To Buhari, I thank God for you, but you must deliver on your promises and also build on what president Jonathan did.

“Above all, you must run far from OBJ! (Olusegun Obasanjo). If he can’t control your government, he will fight you.

“He has done it to all former presidents of Nigeria and even against MKO Abiola who was not sworn in.

“Never! never! I say never discuss with OBJ unless you have at least two of your aides present!”

“Half way into the tenure of President Goodluck Jonathan, a man who sees nothing good in anybody, except himself, Obasanjo, started trouble making by naming presidential and vice-presidential candidates.

“First, it was Governor Sule Lamido as president and Governor Rotimi Amaechi as his Deputy! A respectable Lamido, a founding father of PDP, was being urged to fight PDP.

“Obasanjo lured most PDP governors in the North into rebellion against the PDP to destroy the platform that gave all of them relevance, including himself. The hate mood in the North for this election against Jonathan was such that, any candidate from the North would have won the election.

“The anger was that power must return to the North. Nigerians can see that rebellion against one’s own and betrayer of one’s party doesn’t pay.

“Governor Aliyu Babangìda of Niger State, who led the rebellion against Jonathan and the PDP, lost his election to the Senate and also lost his state,” Owie added.

Owie congratulated Nigerians and President Jonathan over the peaceful polls. “I congratulate Nigerians for their commitment to democracy and particularly, congratulate President Goodluck Jonathan, for choosing to go the ‘Way of The Cross’, by quickly conceding defeat in this election which averted the impending chaos that would have enveloped the nation.

“Only those who believe in God and live life that protects his or her live and also value life.

“No child born in the street, lives on the street permanently without parental love, can keep life.

“Nigeria would have been burning now particularly in the North. Keen observers of events in Nigeria since the 2011 general election, will agree that the Boko Haram activities escalated in Nigeria when the president was elected.

“Innocent citizens, mainly Christians, were murdered and churches burnt down. Why? Yes! Politicians and non-politicians, mainly in the North, believed that a Northerner should have replaced Jonathan in 2011 to continue with the late Yar’Adua’s tenure.”

Owie therefore called on PDP members across the country to wake up so that the party can be rebuilt

“When Our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified and buried on the Good Friday, nobody, apart from the mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary, knew that Christ would rise from the grave on the third day. PDP shall rise again,” he said.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/04/you-must-avoid-obj-if-you-want-to-succeed-as-president-owie-tells-buhari.html

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by Ahmed0336(m): 7:43am On Apr 16, 2015
like how many zillion miles? grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by lomprico(m): 7:43am On Apr 16, 2015
I agree!

38 Likes

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by okotv(m): 7:44am On Apr 16, 2015
Nothing like that. Old soldier never die

4 Likes

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by Misogynist2014(m): 7:45am On Apr 16, 2015
I don't know if I can tag this a good advice.

9 Likes

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by mstik(f): 7:48am On Apr 16, 2015
I second that
OBJ is a very shady, conniving and manipulative character in politics
he saw buhari's imminent success, so he ported to APC
But whatever control freak plans he has won't work with buhari
the general is his own man.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 16, 2015
I know y dis man is angry .
He should have been given the Ugliest Nigerian politician but OBJ took it from him ..
Owie kor Owiwi ni

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by bewla(m): 7:52am On Apr 16, 2015
u want to be none abi . ok we hear u
Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by ignis: 7:52am On Apr 16, 2015
Yea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 16, 2015
Yar'adua didn't run from obj but he was successful,Jonathan ran away and he...

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by omenka(m): 7:56am On Apr 16, 2015

Never! never! I say never discuss with OBJ
unless you have at least two of your aides
present!”
Lmao. Dude's got no love for Baba at all. cheesy

Don't worry sir, the General is no fool or fickle hearted lout. He can handle Baba. smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by Dannyset(m): 7:56am On Apr 16, 2015
In as much as this is true, I don't think it should be done openly like this. It will cause more division and it won't be good for this govt.
All I see is that these people are already working on various things that is likely to jeopardise GMBs govt. He should be wary of those advising him like this too.

10 Likes

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by akinsadeez(m): 7:57am On Apr 16, 2015
I dont think he should run away from Baba Obj. Buhari is also a general like Obj unlike Jonathan and Yaradua and that is a very big difference. Baba Obj himself knows that Buhari is a very disciplined man and Obj cannot dictate to him. Buhari would do only what he feels is right.

That being said, Obj is a very experienced elder statesman and his words cannot be simply waived away. There are one or two things that Buhari can still glean from Baba. Remember when Obj started criticising Gej, FFK, Abati and the other bull dogs poured all manner of scorn on Baba. Instead of picking some things from Baba's criticism, they rather attacked Obj himself.
At the end of the day, Obj was proved right as Gej was swept away. At the end, Obj laughed last. Buhari should learn from that.
In amongst the 'nonsense' that seems to be Baba's words are nuggets of wisdom.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by walemoney007(m): 7:59am On Apr 16, 2015
yemaldo:
no mind dat ugly man,GEJ promise to run just a single term,dats wot he told obj and a lot of Nigerians.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by adebisiolumide5(m): 7:59am On Apr 16, 2015
. Run from a national builder? Owie abi Okie I don't know...but obsanjo is the person buhari should be closer to!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by Demdem(m): 8:01am On Apr 16, 2015
Very foolish advise. The same advise given to Jonah-daft that eventually led to his downfall. These peeps simply dont learn.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by theorbiters: 8:02am On Apr 16, 2015
Everybody is advising... When tis man would bring out his own true agenda, everyone would be shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by hadizadeezy(f): 8:03am On Apr 16, 2015
Chief adviser that led Jonah astray,,,, these guys are just wicked.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by Qmab: 8:03am On Apr 16, 2015
Wetin ds man dey talk

1 Like

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 16, 2015
yemaldo:
Yar'dua was successful in what ways?

1) Improving our educational sector?
2) Giving us uninterrupted power supply?
3) Fighting unemployment?
4) Making Naira strong? etc

You must be deluded if you think there has been a successful Nigeria president.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by englishmart(m): 8:14am On Apr 16, 2015
Obasanjo is a very bad influence to the nigerian democracy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by buskie13(m): 8:16am On Apr 16, 2015
more troubles for Buhari...this is just de beginning

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by TopsyKrete: 8:18am On Apr 16, 2015
OBJ is a double edge sword

7 Likes

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:19am On Apr 16, 2015
GMB is surely aware of the type of person OBJ is and it is save to know that with the type of people in APC (Tinubu, Oyegun, Amaechi and co), OBJ will not have much influence.

Obasanjo is a necessary evil that cannot be ignored but dined with, with the proverbial long spoon.

4 Likes

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by efilefun(m): 8:19am On Apr 16, 2015
mtcheeew
Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2015
Aptly put, Buhari should keep OBJ at arms lenght if he wants to succeed, he destroys whom he cannot control.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by ludamix(m): 8:51am On Apr 16, 2015
Story for the gods. No one need his advice, out of OBJ and people like him who surrounded GEJ, who destroyed GEJ's Administration?

7 Likes

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by francizy(m): 8:54am On Apr 16, 2015
Iamsynord:
I know y dis man is angry .
He should have been given the Ugliest Nigerian politician but OBJ took it from him ..
Owie kor Owiwi ni

Bro, go thru what you wrote and ask yourself this:
Did you make any sense at all?

Oh father lord! Deliver some people... cry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by ishiamu(m): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2015
Ahmed0336:
like how many zillion miles? grin

100 zillion

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by juman(m): 8:58am On Apr 16, 2015
englishmart:
Obasanjo is a very bad influence to the nigerian democracy

Insincerity is his core problem.

Anyway sha nigerians don't like him at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2015
yemaldo:
don't say wat you don't know,yaradua was the 1st politician to begin the trend of distancing the presidency from obj.Yaradua even tried probing obj's administration b4 death came. Thank God 4 jonathan and yaradua,obj now knows that Nigeria is bigger than him,i bet he won't try nonsense wit General buhari,i bet!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Run Far From OBJ If You Want To Succeed As President, Owie Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2015
Broda help me ask the northerner oo!
FrancisTony:

Yar'dua was successful in what ways?

1) Improving our educational sector?
2) Giving us uninterrupted power supply?
3) Fighting unemployment?
4) Making Naira strong? etc

You must be deluded if you think there has been a successful Nigeria president.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbnaija : Akwa Ibom Assembly Speaker 'onofiok' Supports Kemen / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Okorocha: Presidency Intervened To Release Me From Police Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.