Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions (17174 Views)

Super Woman: Housewife Disarms Robbers With Hot Water / Would You Fight Robbers At The Risk Of Death To Protect Your Family / The Season Of Robbers Is Here Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Jossyayodele(m): 7:17am On Jul 17, 2013
That is what our society has become... But I pray, nemesis would catch up with him/her.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 17, 2013
it is very clear that, the victims here are mostly from east, west and south, and these theft cases mostly occured on the east and west and south. i say again that you can leave your property with northerner and he will not steal it. the people on the other part of the country have a very serious problem of stealing other people property. this is not been smart, this is wickedness.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 17, 2013
lekkie073: u mean u left ur purse in order to go wrestle for bouquet? cry
clapu for yasefu grin grin grin

embarassedim telling u and i didnt even catch the bouquet sef, choii all round fiasco! ...im laughing so hard its a good feeling too. cheesy
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by 5much(m): 9:08am On Jul 17, 2013
being street smart is the thing.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by fankasibe: 9:13am On Jul 17, 2013
If i were in ur shoes, i would have used Jújú to track d thief down..... I don't trust anybody, nt even my shadow.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by biolabee(m): 9:14am On Jul 17, 2013
Wow.. You are so forthhright to prefer murderous jihadists to stealing southies...

Of course there is no greedy stampeding up north where people are crushed for pieces of tuwo and kunu..

An utopia is that place they call northern nigeria
Am sorry for the south cry

Aggrippa: it is very clear that, the victims here are mostly from east, west and south, and these theft cases mostly occured on the east and west and south. i say again that you can leave your property with northerner and he will not steal it. the people on the other part of the country have a very serious problem of stealing other people property. this is not been smart, this is wickedness.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by dom(m): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2013
you write very good english. I admire your penmanship. Sorry about the theft.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
;DLol. After reading this just had to share my own story. Hopefully it will cheer up the OP and also prove to people that you can be the victim of crime anywhere whether you are 'sharp' or not.

I went shopping in the african/turkish market here in the Netherlands for foodstuff earlier in the year. Just after I finished buying everything I needed and while carrying 4 bags of food (meat, spinach,pepper,plantain etc etc) I saw a shop selling yam. So dropped all the bags beside me, turned around to negotiate the price of the yam, had it bagged for me, turned round and voila- all my bags of food had disappeared shocked grin. God only saved me that my wallet was not in the bag. Of course shopkeeper and everyone milling around claimed to have seen nothing, heard nothing blah blah. Na so all my food just miss like that in the twinkling of an eyelid oh. I laugh about it now but honestly fear catch me that day, some people have PH.D in thievery and can steal for the Olympics angry!

Anyway OP take heart dear. Just pray that all that has been stolen will one day be restored to you 7fold sef. It is well kiss.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
Another funny storygrin you remind me of a market woman. My bro told me about who sells tomatoe and pepper and sent her 8 year old daughter to collect "owo ajo for market women in her jurisdiction" I mean thrift money of about 4o,ooo naira and the little girl put the money inside polyba,dropped it so. Carelessly and went to play,anyway the mother asked the girl where the money she sent her was,the girl claimed she dropped it on the floor where her mother kept tomatoes.she wanted to give her but she was attending to a customer.can you believe that the woman she was attending to dropped ther own things which were in a polybag and picked the polybag containing 4o,ooo since the bags all looked alike the woman didn't notice.when she realised 4o,ooo naira thrift money wwas gone,she put her hand on her head and said omo mi ti koba mi.my daughter has put me in trouble.the other women will not believe my daughter kept the money carelessly,they will think I spent the money,who will give me 4o,ooo nobody.she started lamenting and crying,infact she was already stripping herself naked before people started covering her up.
babagboin: ;DLol. After reading this just had to share my own story. Hopefully it will cheer up the OP and also prove to people that you can be the victim of crime anywhere whether you are 'sharp' or not.

I went shopping in the african/turkish market here in the Netherlands for foodstuff earlier in the year. Just after I finished buying everything I needed and while carrying 4 bags of food (meat, spinach,pepper,plantain etc etc) I saw a shop selling yam. So dropped all the bags beside me, turned around to negotiate the price of the yam, had it bagged for me, turned round and voila- all my bags of food had disappeared shocked grin. God only saved me that my wallet was not in the bag. Of course shopkeeper and everyone milling around claimed to have seen nothing, heard nothing blah blah. Na so all my food just miss like that in the twinkling of an eyelid oh. I laugh about it now but honestly fear catch me that day, some people have PH.D in thievery and can steal for the Olympics angry!

Anyway OP take heart dear. Just pray that all that has been stolen will one day be restored to you 7fold sef. It is well kiss.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
Lol even when I go into the bank and the security man says drop your bags at the corridor before you come in,I will remove important things out of my hand bag and leave the bag open and careless,if they like make them thief the bag e no go pain me because by the time the thief gets home he will only discover lipstick,lip gloss,eye shadow,4o naira mirror,3o naira comb,nail polish,tissue paper and handkerchief.of course I would have removed my phone and wallet ,atm cards and cheque book out of the bag.infact I don't use to zip it sef,I leave it open and nothing has ever been taken.at the bank sef if I want to fill the deposit slip and there is no where safe to drop the money as prowling eyes are plenty,I will deep everything inside my bra.thank God I have big mammary glands,that's what they are there forgrin the breat will swallow everything up and it won't even show I put anything inside while doing my thing. grin

Another failed attempt of a petty thief was when I was on my way home on a weekend.I wore a jeans pant and put my wallet in my back pocket,an okada man was driving behind me and deeped his hand into my back pocket and sped off with my wallet.I wasn't even bothered because the only thing inside that wallet was the receipt of a phone charger I went to buy.I was just laughing inside me

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by biolabee(m): 1:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
haha.. expensive mammies...

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by boneyone(m): 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
OP hope this story would make you feel better.
It was my sisters wedding and it was time for gift collection and the grooms man started helping to collect gifts (according to him) when a guy came to whisper that some people hadnt eaten and were complaining that he wld collect the gifts for him, from no where his partner came out to help collect and they were both wearing suits. Well at the end of the wedding we realised all the enveloped/ cash gifts were missing and the 2 guys were no where to be seen. After asking around no one actually knew who they were, my inlaws thought it was someone from our family we thought the same or even maybe a friend. We had to get the camera guy to get the video out early got the guys faces went to police ..long thing.. asked from the venue managers, they said they didnt know the guys and it was a new dimension....
For real if you look at the video you wld know its a planned scheme, as in the guys hard sharp suits and the tie color matched the colour code for the day.
After that experience i'm always on the look out at weddings and thats how i caught a crook at my friends wedding, i saw the guy picking cash while spraying was on and he looked strange, i accosted him and he claimed to be with the camera crew of which they denied him, i handed him over to the police and he casted his other members who had been stealing wines from tables.
For my wedding e remain small make i import marines to guard all gifts and the venue.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
biolabee: haha.. expensive mammies...
abi o grin they are for safe keeping of properties and not for males to fiddle with or suck :pgrin
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by biolabee(m): 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
hmm... all things are pure to him or her who is pure cheesy
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
boneyone: OP hope this story would make you feel better.
It was my sisters wedding and it was time for gift collection and the grooms man started helping to collect gifts (according to him) when a guy came to whisper that some people hadnt eaten and were complaining that he wld collect the gifts for him, from no where his partner came out to help collect and they were both wearing suits. Well at the end of the wedding we realised all the enveloped/ cash gifts were missing and the 2 guys were no where to be seen. After asking around no one actually knew who they were, my inlaws thought it was someone from our family we thought the same or even maybe a friend. We had to get the camera guy to get the video out early got the guys faces went to police ..long thing.. asked from the venue managers, they said they didnt know the guys and it was a new dimension....
For real if you look at the video you wld know its a planned scheme, as in the guys hard sharp suits and the tie color matched the colour code for the day.
After that experience i'm always on the look out at weddings and thats how i caught a crook at my friends wedding, i saw the guy picking cash while spraying was on and he looked strange, i accosted him and he claimed to be with the camera crew of which they denied him, i handed him over to the police and he casted his other members who had been stealing wines from tables.
For my wedding e remain small make i import marines to guard all gifts and the venue.
grin awon CORPORATE THIEVESlawon yen grin
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
biolabee: hmm... all things are pure to him or her who is pure cheesy
kiniitumoyen biola cheesy:p8-)
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by DICKtator: 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
omoikhefue:

so you are the well brought real Lagosian who has been battered, trampled upon, broken and exploited by the hardship of the city such that your conscience's death and you live ur everyday life in vengence? or you are the well brought lagosian who lives in constant fear of the unknown, chopping and cleaning mouth as well as suffering and smiling? or the well brought real lagosian who has been robbed of your basic human rights and have willfully accepted it as a way of life?... sorry to burst your bubble i was not brought up in that manner and i refuse to adopt such as a norm

unfortunately for all you holier than thou people when you eventually fall, you come crashing so hard scattering like pack of cards and would be too shame faced to share your predicament but would rather dwell in your self afflicted misery. I am human therefore not perfect, not only do i make mistakes, i acknowledge my wrongs and learn from it.

Like you feeling right now? Forget that ish. better you move on and/or try to retrieve/locate your ipad3 using icloud. ALWAYS MOVE IN GROUPS and if you are alone,either mark a face and request he/she helps to keep your valuables or you move completely with your valuables.
Stop crying over spilled milk.
If i were in your shoes, i would rather laugh at my naivety than seek "empathy" from a almost faceless forum
grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by DICKtator: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
kulyie: Lol even when I go into the bank and the security man says drop your bags at the corridor before you come in,I will remove important things out of my hand bag and leave the bag open and careless,if they like make them thief the bag e no go pain me because by the time the thief gets home he will only discover lipstick,lip gloss,eye shadow,4o naira mirror,3o naira comb,nail polish,tissue paper and handkerchief.of course I would have removed my phone and wallet ,atm cards and cheque book out of the bag.infact I don't use to zip it sef,I leave it open and nothing has ever been taken.at the bank sef if I want to fill the deposit slip and there is no where safe to drop the money as prowling eyes are plenty,I will deep everything inside my bra.thank God I have big mammary glands,that's what they are there forgrin the breat will swallow everything up and it won't even show I put anything inside while doing my thing. grin

Another failed attempt of a petty thief was when I was on my way home on a weekend.I wore a jeans pant and put my wallet in my back pocket,an okada man was driving behind me and deeped his hand into my back pocket and sped off with my wallet.I wasn't even bothered because the only thing inside that wallet was the receipt of a phone charger I went to buy.I was just laughing inside me

So you wouldn't care if someone stole that Gucci bag i got you? I don't even want to talk bout the D&G and FENDI!!!!!
angry angry angry angry
grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2013
slimyem: Kulyie, warris dis? Did someone die?

This lady and the woman who left her child on the chair to dance were careless!. Simple. They have learnt and it shouldn't happen again!
How else should I sympathise and emphatise abi you nor see where I tell am sorry?

Nigerians are heartless people. they always want to show they are smart by being inhumane and making others appear weak.

op, sori for your loss. there is no living human that hasnt made mistakes before or hasnt experienced losses. i share your pain.
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by 2scorehigh(m): 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
OP, sorry for your irreplaceable(?) loss. It shall never be well with those thieves and criminals.

But...

On the flip side, did you catch the bouquet?

What...?!

Don't tell me you lost that one too!
grin
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
How much is 6,5oo naira that I cannot get another one.in any case since when I have been leaving my bag there in the corridor no man or woman has been man enough to steal my bag.even when they write properties kept at owners risk
DICKtator:
grin
So you wouldn't care if someone stole that Gucci bag i got you? I don't even want to talk bout the D&G and FENDI!!!!!
angry angry angry angry
grin grin grin grin

On the flip side you wish you were my boyfriend,right? ;DCan you satisfy my emotional and sexual needs grin is the stuff in your boxers big enough for me grin
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by biolabee(m): 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
Ah ah.. Wetin dey happen here?
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by obowunmi(m): 7:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
biolabee: Ah ah.. Wetin dey happen here?

You're late to the party bro
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by smartg(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
obowunmi:

My heart only beats for you. How are you, my love. kiss kiss
does this post sound romantic to you?
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by biolabee(m): 9:25am On Jul 18, 2013
obowunmi:

You're late to the party bro

na so i see am oooo
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by dorggito1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
kulyie: Lol even when I go into the bank and the security man says drop your bags at the corridor before you come in,I will remove important things out of my hand bag and leave the bag open and careless,if they like make them thief the bag e no go pain me because by the time the thief gets home he will only discover lipstick,lip gloss,eye shadow,4o naira mirror,3o naira comb,nail polish,tissue paper and handkerchief.of course I would have removed my phone and wallet ,atm cards and cheque book out of the bag.infact I don't use to zip it sef,I leave it open and nothing has ever been taken.at the bank sef if I want to fill the deposit slip and there is no where safe to drop the money as prowling eyes are plenty,I will deep everything inside my bra.thank God I have big mammary glands,that's what they are there forgrin the breat will swallow everything up and it won't even show I put anything inside while doing my thing. grin

I like this but sorry to ask are u an ibadan gal kulyie!!! grin

I like this but sorry to ask are u an ibadan gal kulyie!!!
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by dorggito1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2013

I like this but sorry to ask are u an ibadan gal kulyie!!! grin

I like this but sorry to ask are u an ibadan gal kulyie!!!
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
dorggito1: I like this but sorry to ask are u an ibadan gal kulyie!!! grin I like this but sorry to ask are u an ibadan gal kulyie!!!
no o.emi ke.grin rara o,kojogrin
Re: Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions by DICKtator: 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
kulyie: How much is 6,5oo naira that I cannot get another one.in any case since when I have been leaving my bag there in the corridor no man or woman has been man enough to steal my bag.even when they write properties kept at owners risk

On the flip side you wish you were my boyfriend,right? grin Can you satisfy my emotional and sexual needs grin is the stuff in your boxers big enough for me grin

hmmmmmm...................
shsssssh.................
don't tell a friend or you might lose out!!!!
wink wink wink wink

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos / Mum Fumes After A School Nanny Beat Her 2-Year-Old Child For Pooping (Video) / Pregnant Woman Delivers 11 Babies In One Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.