Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? (9630 Views)

How To Distribute To Street Vendors? / CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms / New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by djeezy(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
Most christian vendors will tell you they don't have change when they actually have but an aboki/mallam vendor will always give if he has. I have observed this so many times.
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by Super1759: 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

[size=25pt]Blame GEJ and seriously,

END TIME THINGZ angry angry
[/size]
smh, sorry, not your fault
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by philips70(m): 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
djeezy: Most christian vendors will tell you they don't have change when they actually have but an aboki/mallam vendor will always give if he has. I have observed this so many times.

So Christians are wicked and Muslims are kind abi? Or what exactly is your point?
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by bharkarh(m): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
philips70:

So Christians are wicked and Muslims are kind abi? Or what exactly is your point?
na mumu dey worry am *in iceprince voice*
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by dudet(f): 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
My guy.......abeg go and change note to small denominations na......abi to give you the money na by force?? tongue
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by beautyng(f): 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
THEY WANT YOU TO BUY SOMETHING FROM THEM
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by Youngzedd(m): 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
favourlicious: abeg,na wetin u de talk about? undecided

Na Blackberry users, their comment doesn't make sense a times.

BB troway! troway!!
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by waja(m): 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
ASK NAIRALAND.
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by nickz(m): 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
favourlicious: abeg,na wetin u de talk about? undecided
LMAO grin grin
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by lekkie073(m): 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
what sort of rubbish thread is this?
vomits
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by Linoversace: 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2013
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
Why BLAME GEJ when all the small denominations of NAIRA notes are stocked-up in SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI's office?
BLAME SaLaSa johooor!
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by 3ace(m): 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
Simple, the more change you have, the higher the rate of sales. Moreover, some of them pay to get those lower denominations. A member of my church who sells Lacasera, gala, purewater e.t.c at under bridge Ikeja always makes sure she changes minimum of N12k to N15k to lower denominations after the offering and tithe are counted. It might interest you to know that she exhausts this in a day to boost sales as most of her customers patronize her in order get lower denominations. Now, if they pay or go through stress everytime to get those denominations, how do you expect them to give them to you or be friendly with you when you ask? Mr advice to you is to stop asking otherwise you might just hear a big bang on your chin next time.grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by donem: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
Sijo01: ...because they need it to run their business.......you want them to give you their smaller denominations and be stranded later.
Perfect answer to the Ques. Mod you can lock the thread.
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by osifred(m): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
Things has not alwayz being like this in the time of obj and yaradua. Oh oga Jona
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by 3ace(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
djeezy: Most christian vendors will tell you they don't have change when they actually have but an aboki/mallam vendor will always give if he has. I have observed this so many times.
Abeg, no vex o. But me dey think say those abokis dey behave like say dem be mumu. Would you rather satisfy a non customers and be stranded later when you need those denominations for your business' growth? I am sure you wouldn't.
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by gfunkera(m): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
GEJ makes em do it
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by simdam500(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
u and i know the reason
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ibadan people go hold the change for hand,dey still say 'kosi changee'
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by clever5680: 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2013
Do u know dat some of them buy such denomination? will accept a short charge 4 such help.
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by Waspy(m): 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
Abeg ask Mallam SLS o
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by KMB: 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
Simple now. It is a game...u win or u lose.... smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by andicod1st(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
There is still no harm in being nice and helpful once in a while. Not every by-passer asks for 'change', why can't they be atleast nice to the one or two atmost that needs their assistance?
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by Ferdinandu(m): 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
you see guy man wey sun don dey beat since morning, then as he come see you coming, he come happy think say ,he wan make sales. But no you come dey ask am am, say whether him get change.For him mind na craze de worry you now
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by marex: 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
Lacklustre thread line.......so full ofshit ! angry
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by onitshaigbo(m): 2:24am On Jul 17, 2013

No, because people don't fnck around with Muslims as they do with Igbo vendors.
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by Godson201333(m): 4:20am On Jul 17, 2013
Lol Some of them are afraid you giving them fake money,Or juju things...
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by trent9002(m): 4:55am On Jul 17, 2013
moshood048: D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ don't really knw what Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ entails ..........by d time D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ knew abt Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ am sure D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ώĩℓℓ β̣̣̥ very caution.
I really hate it whEn people do this sh!t
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by 4reigningqueen: 7:47am On Jul 17, 2013
OP, check my signature
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by vb0mb(m): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2013
The problem is from the federal govt. Smaller denominations are not available in large quantities. The presidency need to do something about this.
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by Mustay(m): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2013

So you're easily able to discern a Muslim from a Christian by their faces That all Abokis/Mallams you see are Muslims is just you jaundicing.
Re: Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? by nairaner(m): 9:04am On Jul 17, 2013
@OP ....Why you dey ask question when the answer dey face you (i think say na common sense ansa). Of course they want to pocket the change ni.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liquid Soap Preparation, Formular, Questions & Answer Platform / I Need A Daily Income Online Business / Bank Of Industry Loan At 10% Interest Rate Per Annum And 6 Months Moratorium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.