Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Upcoming Fashion Designers - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Upcoming Fashion Designers (673 Views)

Upcoming Fashion Designer / A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER / That's Sew Naija! - Fashion Designers,tailors,accessory/jewelry Makers, Join In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Upcoming Fashion Designers by Adeebiwa09(m): 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
As an upcoming FD I v had so many daydreams abt just one tin majorly "How to Break in". Dnt knw if its a bad tin bt I dnt knw FDs names or brand but aw does it start? How can I break into d ranks and files of g8t FDs. Also I have sme sketch and designs but sme are made for large scale productn. Want to also knw aw to sell one's designs.
Re: Upcoming Fashion Designers by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:06am On Jul 16, 2013
Adeebiwa09: As an upcoming FD I v had so many daydreams abt just one tin majorly "How to Break in". Dnt knw if its a bad tin bt I dnt knw FDs names or brand but aw does it start? How can I break into d ranks and files of g8t FDs. Also I have sme sketch and designs but sme are made for large scale productn. Want to also knw aw to sell one's designs.

I hear this alot from my students (i own and run a fashion design school in lagos www.valisimofashions.com )
All i say to them is keep working and be your self..........let me explain what i mean by that.

1, keep working, am talking about you perfecting your skills to the best of your ability,you can only admire those big timers in the fashion industry now because they kept getting better over the years.they were not always as good as they are now,infact at some point in their fashion designing carrer they must have messed up one or two fabrics for their costumers back then,but today we celebrate them because they kept at it. wink

2, be your self,by being your self you will be known for your style of designing this would help form your signature pices,do not be too much of a copy copy designer grin
Let people know you for your level of creativity by this you are sure to get noticed. wink

Other tips i give........
Wear lovely dresses and attend celebrity paties,make fashionable comments on social network sites such as facebook ,twitter ,BB and the like grin trust me if you do this for a while people will get to know you.that way you would break into the industry fast grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Where Do I Get Luminese In Lagos? / Tiwa Savage Speaks On Her Relationship,music & More As She Cover TW MAG (PHOTOS) / Fashion School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.