Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Maliki Yawmi Alddeeni - 3rd Ayah Of The Quran - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Maliki Yawmi Alddeeni - 3rd Ayah Of The Quran (6954 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Free Course On Wudu And Salah On Seekersguidance (maliki Fiqh) - Don't Miss / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maliki Yawmi Alddeeni - 3rd Ayah Of The Quran by tbaba1234: 11:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ayah 3

Maliki yawmi alddeeni

Usually translated as:

Master of the Day of Judgment. (Yusuf Ali), Owner of the Day of Judgment, ( Pickthall)

Allah keeps giving us Knowledge about himself. The day of Judgment: A day where precise accurate audit will take place,

Allah is telling Us: I own that day entirely….

This means don’t start thinking, I am just merciful, I am going to take your account too…

The word ‘deen’ means accurate, precise loans that are owed on a particular day. It is like you owe Allah your deeds and you owe him all you did in this world and Allah owes you ccompensation, rewards, punishment… etc… It is often translated as the day of recompense.

There are two variants of the word malik, depending on how you pronounce it..

Maalik – Owner
Malik - king

The two recitations are correct… The owner covers the micro things that will take place on the day of judgement, The king takes care of the macro things that will take place on the day of Judgement. You are the owner of your pencil, you are not the king of it. A king covers a much larger territory. Allah will take account of both little and big things on that day. Allah is the owner of the little things that will happen on that day and He is the king of the big things that will take place on that day.

So why did Allah not say ‘Owner of Judgment’?
Why was day added?

If I say i own a package, i mean i own everything in that package… Allah tells us, he is the king and owner of the Day of Judgment meaning that every single detail of that day is owned by him and He is in complete control of that day.

Day is an object of time… Now imagine one second… There are billions of things that take place in one second. Allah is control of every single little activity that takes place on that day. Everything is completely controlled by Allah.

The opposite of Mercy is punishment… But Allah does not mention punishment in the Fatiha… He only talks about Mercy and Justice…

In Islam, there are only two kinds of people on Judgement day…
i. Those who get Allah’s mercy
ii. Those who get Allah’s Justice

i. There will be people that will have an easy audit, …

whoever is given his record in his right hand will have an easy reckoning and return to his people well pleased (Surah Al-Inshiqaq : 7-9)

ii. Those who are questioned about their deeds are destroyed:

the prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said: "Destroyed is the one who has his account settled on the Day of Resurrection” , (Bukhari , reported by Aisha)

Anyone who gets interrogated once on that day is finished …. There is no difference between the Justice and the punishment.

The Quran records the reaction those that were successful :

Anyone who is given his Record in his right hand will say, ‘Here is my Record, read it. I knew I would meet my Reckoning,’ and so he will have a pleasant life in a lofty Garden, with clustered fruit within his reach. (Surah 69:19-22)

SubhanAllah!! May Allah make us of those that are successful. All of us have plenty of mistakes on our record, may Allah skip over the precise reckoning and grant us mercy amin.
Re: Maliki Yawmi Alddeeni - 3rd Ayah Of The Quran by gmumeen: 5:20am On Jul 16, 2013
Allahumma Aameen,jazakumllahu khairan bro 4 all d enlightmnt,may Almghty Allah accept our ibadah..

(1) (Reply)

Criteria Of The Right Role Model In The Light Of Islam / Islam The Religion Of Doom / Id-el-malud 1430

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.