Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? (1292 Views)

Please Anyone Coming To Lagos From Baltimore Maryland / Anyone Coming To London From Lagos This Week / Round Trip To Lagos From Dallas Tx Is $1,021 With Delta Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by optimusprime2(m): 7:25am On Jul 16, 2013
Hi Y'all!
Please will there be any Nairalander coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this month?
I forgot something very important @ Dallas-TX, and I'm faced with a deadline here@Nigeria.
DHL would have been an option, if it was'nt expensive@ this time, we are practically running on "E".
Please any Kind Nairalander I need Help fasssst!
Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by fittty(m): 8:33am On Jul 16, 2013

Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by optimusprime2(m): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2013
Dude like seriously cut the crap, I forgot my Laptop...
I need help Urgently on how I can get it over to Nigeria.
Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by Godson201333(m): 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
And how did you manage to forget your laptop?And how come you cant pay Dhl,ups,fed ex express delivery that is below 100US dollars?How come ya able to buy your flight ticket and yet you can pay for shipping of your laptop?while you were you in TX you mean you dont have any responsible friend? SCAM THINGS.....
Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by optimusprime2(m): 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
Godson201333: And how did you manage to forget your laptop?And how come you cant pay Dhl,ups,fed ex express delivery that is below 100US dollars?How come ya able to buy your flight ticket and yet you can pay for shipping of your laptop?while you were you in TX you mean you dont have any responsible friend? SCAM THINGS.....
Seriously? Able to buy my tic... I really wanted to give you a piece of my mind, because you crossed the line of inquiry, but I choose to hold my peace, especially since I need help and Nairaland has helped me out on many instances.
If you read my initial post properly, you'd observe I said I'm a little low on funds and I have a deadline to beat by this month end, if not I would have known what to do. *Mr Gotham Cyber Knight sniffing for scammers* mtchew.
Then again about Fedex and other Courier Services, are you really sure I'd pay less than 100$ to mail a Laptop to Nigeria, after its been weighed and classified Delicate??
Have you done that before?
Like seriously??
I sincerely wonder how the arithmetic of someone who's Nigerian bound, meeting up with another person @Dallas Texas to get a Laptop *after inspecting it* brings it to Nigeria, I collect my thing, thank the person and walk away is Scam prone??
Please is there anybody who can help me on this or at least assist me with any "helpful" Idea (If you are the type who's Scam alert) that would be cheap as regards to my situation?
Thank you.
Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by optimusprime2(m): 4:07am On Jul 18, 2013
Where are peeps like Mr knowitall when you need them?

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by worry359(m): 7:59am On Jul 18, 2013
So how do we know that the laptop is not packed with DRUGS?
How do we know that laptop is not rigged as BOMB?
How do we know that laptop is not STOLEN?

Anyone carrying stuf onto airplane will be responsible for all wahalla!
Helping a brother could mean life in USA prison, they don't mess about with threats to airplanes!
Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by optimusprime2(m): 9:27am On Jul 18, 2013
worry 359: So how do we know that the laptop is not packed with DRUGS?
How do we know that laptop is not rigged as BOMB?
How do we know that laptop is not STOLEN?

Anyone carrying stuf onto airplane will be responsible for all wahalla!
Helping a brother could mean life in USA prison, they don't mess about with threats to airplanes!
Dude, I understand these are crazy times, but when you see my peep's at Dallas to get it, for your peace of mind & Security, you are very free to take the laptop and my peeps to the Police-department or DHLS to have it scanned and sniffed for;
1-Bombs
2-Drugs
3-Crack
4-Crap
5-Ownership
6-KGB Bugs
7-Bin-ladens toothpick
8-Micro-Pimps
9-Viruses
10-Saddam's secret nuclear Penis enlarger
11-Or whatever could implicate you

and of course have them all arrested on the spot if any illegal item is found.
Even after the cops have certified it clean, you could even take it home and do the "do it yourself scan" soak it in hot water for 24hrs, take each component apart and break it into peices to further confirm its status, then when you are satisfied its clean, you could buy a brandnew one for me and bring it to Nigeria, I'd still appreciate the effort.
Habah Bro reason am well sef, How can you just receive anything that would implicate you in the US, when you could always use the Police Station and have its authenticity evaluated?
Nobody would want his criminal records compromised, so why would we put ourselves out on blast like that?
Coming to think of it, I should even be the one scared that someone does'nt run away wi.... Abeg make I no talk o-Lol.
Well It's not like I have much of a choice do I?
Alternatively Other Ideas by which I can ship the Laptop (for a Cheap rate) to Nigeria are also welcome, but please note this is urgent.
Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by Godson201333(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2013
Man as you can see everybody wanna play safe..Try USPS.They can send ur laptop for 50 dolls i think but it might take 2 weeks before it finally get to 9ja
Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by optimusprime2(m): 10:27am On Jul 18, 2013
Godson201333: Man as you can see everybody wanna play safe..Try USPS.They can send ur laptop for 50 dolls i think but it might take 2 weeks before it finally get to 9ja
lol... I know right, I would have done the same too because these are crazy times indeed.
It's just so annoying thinking how that laptop was left behind.
Courier service was the option to send it initially, but when both FEDEX and UPS charged almost 400$ after weighing it to send it to Nigeria, we got discouraged as thats quite an amount of money@this time.
But if USPS is that affordable as you say, I'm gonna give it a shot, I'm sure I can hold for 2weeks plus.
I'll give you the feedback about my USPS inquiry lateron today.
Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by optimusprime2(m): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Godson201333: Man as you can see everybody wanna play safe..Try USPS.They can send ur laptop for 50 dolls i think but it might take 2 weeks before it finally get to 9ja
Godson201333 You are a total freak'n LIFE-SAVER!
Thanks Brah! I'v just had my Sister Check USPS and with our packaging, it can be sent for a lil above 50$ with tax and I'd receive it in 6days.
Once more Thanks again!
We never knew USPS would be that cheap considering the fact that DHL, FEDEX and UPS charged very high.
I looooooooooooooooooove Nairaland!
Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by Godson201333(m): 2:37am On Jul 19, 2013
optimus-prime1:

Godson201333 You are a total freak'n LIFE-SAVER!
Thanks Brah! I'v just had my Sister Check USPS and with our packaging, it can be sent for a lil above 50$ with tax and I'd receive it in 6days.
Once more Thanks again!
We never knew USPS would be that cheap considering the fact that DHL, FEDEX and UPS charged very high.
I looooooooooooooooooove Nairaland!

You welcome Brother...One love!!

PS you should be able to receive this at the Local post office,I think your sister need to send you a receipt with tracking number that you can use to track your parcel on usps.com..

Enjoy
Re: Urgent! Anyone coming from Dallas-TX to Nigeria this Month? by optimusprime2(m): 9:28am On Sep 09, 2013
Purpose of thread achieved laptop recieved....
Thread closed.

(1) (Reply)

Please Be Sincere / What Are My Chances Of Being Granted A Turkish Visa / Visa Overstay: United States Punishing Nigerians For The Mistakes Of A Few

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.