Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,961 members, 7,810,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

The Bible Forbids Women From Being Pastors / Church Leaders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Forbids Women From Being Pastors / Church Leaders (738 Views)

7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / The Bible Forbids Tattoos / Church Leaders In Zimbabwe Blacklist T.B Joshua, Calling Him A Fake Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1)

The Bible Forbids Women From Being Pastors / Church Leaders by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 22, 2008
1 Corinthians 14 : 34-35 The women should keep quiet in the meetings. They are not allowed to speak as the law says, they must not be in charge. If they want to findout something, they should ask their husbands at home. It is a disgraceful thing for a woman to speak in a church meeting.[1

Timothy 2:8-14:

8In every church service, I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.

9I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. [b]12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent
. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

Biblical facts yet we allow ourselves to be deceived by pastors and their wives who co- run their churches or in some cases family business. I know some people especially our women folk would start coming up with some unscriptural logic to justify why women can be pastors, but the bible which we all believe in clearly forbids it grin
Re: The Bible Forbids Women From Being Pastors / Church Leaders by mukina2: 10:20pm On May 22, 2008

(1)

A Miracle In Egypt / How Do You Discern Original Prophecy? / Jihad In American Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.