Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 (19808 Views)

Multichoice Announces ESPN Channels In Africa To Close / Watch Online Channels In HD Video Live Streaming / Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by emmanuel4758(m): 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
OKeokpa:

how do I watch 'dstv channels' on my phone?
let me sugest just smash ur phone assemble it back and u wil recieve text from ur network provider dat ur phone has been upgrade into dstv decoder and u ar free to watch many station .........
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by king65(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
igbo are point and kill 4 aboki land,wel na thier dirsty biz dey semd 2 hole.kudos 2 hausa plz kil more igbo they cowardiacesistoly this dude must be a bloody slowpoke.
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Boll2010: 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
fscream:
what's d correlation btw aljazeera/cnn and ESPN. Must we comment?
bros i tire 4 d dude o,alja wey lyk war,unrest::::cnn got talk general news:::::compared to sport based station.....dude got VTSD
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Boll2010: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
L u c i d:
Damn I'd miss NBA, NCAA and the likes. I no longer consider football as a real sport cos of the NBA. Now that The Heat have decided to zone in on a third consecutive title now this. Online streaming is too expensive, ESPN must be back!
bro online stream aint much i can help u provide d link;u dnt nid to much connection so far u can v atlist 258kbps stead conection cripsy station are listed dia jst log on to www.wiziwig.tv absolutely free,created a thread abt it bt dey kip hidin it,dy cover all sport,i mean all sport.njoy.
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
authentic black: What is DSTV taking us for?,on the conclusion that Nigerians will still subscribe to DSTV even without ESPN, after all, we pay PHCN bill without power. Multichoice knows that Nigeria is a country with less choice............chei this one bad o

Make my Naija people reason Startimes decoder
chai,how i wish i ad d resources like dangote,i would av taken over startime to anoda level n give dstv a gud run.Chai dstv don chop nigerians no b small.
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by yemmy75(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
ekcel: Hmmmmmm,1st to comment.dancing....oooo
4 ya mind...
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
I wonda y they din't allow dstv to b based in nigeria when they came,atleast d price 4 cheap smal.
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
idowuswap: igbo are point and kill 4 aboki land,wel na thier dirsty biz dey semd 2 hole.kudos 2 hausa plz kil more igbo they cowardiacesistoly
small small boys wey no know book. na illiteracy go kill you.
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by vokalguy(m): 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ich_el: First of all, Am i d oga on top?

You are so lame...
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Longeria(m): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
idowuswap: igbo are point and kill 4 aboki land,wel na thier dirsty biz dey semd 2 hole.kudos 2 hausa plz kil more igbo they cowardiacesistoly
Your Kolomental medicine Don finish? Bro, na total madness be this oo.
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by shakur4luv(m): 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
see what GEJ av cause nowgringrin
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by katordidi(m): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
so no more Espn soccernet press pass for me? What a shame
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by orgasticdance: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2013
SimonAndal: Who cares? It's not like they broadcast sports appealing to the ordinary African (football). Bye bye!

NBA, Sportscentre, Pardon the interruption with Mike wilbon, Around the horn with Tony reali, PressPass with Tommy smith, those nonsensical yet enjoyable "this is sportscenter" commercials, are a few of the reasons I tune to ESPN and i'm an ordinary african and yes i also watch my football on supersport; and don't forget it was ESPN who used to bring us champions league football on tuesday and wednesday nights before the south african channel did their thing...

2 Likes

Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Delafruita(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
Abu Mikey: Who cares
i care.espn is the only channel on dstv that shows the nfl and nba.its the only one that shows the us open.unless supersports decide to dedicate anoda channel to these major sports,they might lose some subscribers or some folks will jst buy gotv
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by vislabraye(m): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
Babzilla: WHAT A SHAME
NO MORE NBA NFL MATCHES
THERE'S NO NEED TO SUBSCRIBE ANYMORE
NBA is dia USP. I don't evn watch dia Monday nite footie. I like d chiampipns league match dey show sometimes, but SS will cover that.
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
Bye bye. . .

Don't remember the last time I watched em anyways
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by orgasticdance: 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
L u c i d:
Damn I'd miss NBA, NCAA and the likes. I no longer consider football as a real sport cos of the NBA. Now that The Heat have decided to zone in on a third consecutive title now this. Online streaming is too expensive, ESPN must be back!
If ur in lagos try cobranet, they have a plan that allows u browse free between 12am and 6am, and they were quite reliable when i used them last year. I practically watched the entire 2011/2012 finals without any glitch from them. I'm no more in lagos and this development would suck big time when playoffs start.
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Nuzo1(m): 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
Would there be an alternate channel to access Around the horn, Pardon the interruption Sundaynightfights and X games?

This is bad news! cry
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by chubaba1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
Wit all dis una big english, abeg mek una find 2 beta channels put bak dia oo
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Chocboyslim: 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
The reason for there sudden change is simple as ABC* People in africa prefers Supersport to ESPN......Pls ESPN send my regards 2 pple over there cos we africans re evn tired of ur broadcasts* GOODBYE JARE!
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by yoji: 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
That's veRy bad news! No more press pass This is terrible news o! Tommy smyth, darek rae, shaka, etc
Wat of nba and d amazing sportsnation No more PTi? ?? Haba y
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
No problem,I have MITV
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
hoochay: plz ooo,wats d meaning of dstv?as in watin be d:,s:,tv;? thanks

Delta State Television
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
mscheew i de watch NTA sports jare grin

1 Like

Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Arcard(m): 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
abeg make una help me beg dm make dm comot ebony life african wack tv
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by kliq(m): 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
Damn....so no more NBA,PTI,soccernet presspass etc....pretty sad sad
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by cryptic21(m): 10:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
This is bad, dey did d same thing with euro sports nt long again. Now espn? No more around d horn, PTI, sportsnation, sportcenter, 30 for 30,........ Dis is sad
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
i stil wonder wht all dese ALBINOS calls Africans....i no blame dem nah...carry go! *bad mkt*
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Ikbobby(m): 11:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
OH GOD NOOOOOOO.... No more NBA n NFL Games sad
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Msgamble: 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
Without Espn- no serie A,no bundesliga(sat n sun aftnoon),no NBA(both man n womem),no Us open = too bad..in the same vein they removed SS10 now i av to pay #10,000 to watch epl on SS3Ni when season start,instead of #7000 this make me so sad,my bro
Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by blacknp(m): 3:27am On Jul 17, 2013
Life without ESPN is as good as a life without cable no more around the horn,no more p.t.i. no more sportscenter,no more sunday and monday night football you must be kidding me dstv should better go and look for the money to pay them for their rights people indeed do watch ESPN and it's viewership will only grow i am presently watching the baseball all star game i still don't want to believe it's true but again this is what monopoly causes hopefully startimes should pick the channel up i'll immediately go subscribe to their package and still keep my dstv just have to pay more for entertainment same thing happened when dstv lost the rights to the premiership had to go and scoop HI-tv which wasn't too bad atleast you got some channels dstv did not carry like setanta sports,fox news network with Bill O'reilly and his conservative friends to name a couple and for the peeps that look down on Entertainment Sports Programming Network(E.S.P.N.)all i have to say is ignorance for variety is the spice of life and for the fans guess you know there is a Nigerian Boxer who goes by the name Ajose Olusegun that will be featuring in the main bout on friday night boxing this week.

1 Like

Re: ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 by Shaw007(m): 3:50am On Jul 17, 2013
Wtf!!! . . Ss does ntn other than fucking soccer wtf!!!
How will i stay connected to Nascar,motocross,X-games ;Nba,Nfl and even the world's strongest man, dnt 4get the best of the unforgettable classic football matches. . . E.t.c?!!!

So what is now the point of Dstv?? Mtchew, may den carry am come back oh?! Orelse!!

And That reminds me,am i the Only one missing Mseries??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ait's Adaora Onyechere Bags Media Award At Int'l Women Power Conference / BBNaija: Meet The 5 Finalists Of The 2018 Big Brother Naija / BBNaija: Sheggz And Adekunle Fight. Bella And Diana Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.