Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Why Do Some Churches Preach Against Taking Alcohol When It Is Not Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Churches Preach Against Taking Alcohol When It Is Not Biblical? (1284 Views)

Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. / Why Do Christians Preach Against Premarital Séx, Yet Practice It? / Why Do †ђξ Muslims Preach Against †ђξ Christian ? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Why Do Some Churches Preach Against Taking Alcohol When It Is Not Biblical? by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 22, 2008
A lot of christian denominations especially the pentecostal preach that the bible says we shouldn't take alcohol and a lot of people believe this lie without verifying it in the bible themselves. i have searched the whole bible and i found several passages that endorses the taking of alcohol and not one that says you should not take it, for lack of space i cannot state all of them here but i would mention two well known examples, 1 Jesus turned water into wine, 2 Jesus served his disciples wine at the last supper. Now i know some hypocrites would try and suggest that it was non alcoholic wine. but my answer to that is there is no such thing as non alcoholic wine, wine as defined in the dictionary is "an alcoholic beverage". Also certainly if you read the bible well you would know that wine in the bible is intoxicating hence passages such as "do not be drunk with wine". emphasis here is drunk, notice the bible did not say "do not drink wine" it said "do not be drunk with wine" meaning that we can drink, we just shouldn't get drunk. or put another way we shouldn't drink excessively. but then some of my christian brethen would say the bible says we shouldn't drink ( i am still waitng for the day someone would show me were in the bible). Why do we deceive ourselves so much Remember the book of revelations 22 : 18-19 forbids us to add or remove anything from the word of God. so all ye false preachers beware grin
Re: Why Do Some Churches Preach Against Taking Alcohol When It Is Not Biblical? by mukina2: 10:26pm On May 22, 2008

(1)

Which People Does Jesus Recognise As His Associates? / Father Zakaria Botros Claims Christ As Lord / Tb Joshua Again! Church Hiv Prayer Cure Claims 'cause Three Deaths'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.