Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,875 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This (8964 Views)

I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. / The Best Position For A Washing Machine In A Home / How Reliable Is A Washing Machine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This by Acelifted: 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
LG WASHING MACHINE WP-750R (TOP LOADER)REVIEW

Overview

This pocket-friendly machine is built for the middle level families in Nigeria. The capacity is strictly for small to medium families with very moderate periodic laundry. It is not built for mega commercial purposes or for use in large hotels and laundry outfits with large volumes of laundry, except functioning primarily in a supportive role.

Pros

Considering the poor water supply situation in Nigeria, this machine is built to minimize use of water. It allows you to regulate the amount of water used for every set of laundry as water can be manually poured into the drum (just the quantity you need) and drained by turning the “drain selector” knob at the top that allows water to flow out through a hose connected to the back of the machine and can be directed into the bathroom or drain.

An added advantage is its energy saving feature. Consumes minimal power and will hardly jack up your electricity bills. It also has a spinner compartment that functions as a drier, with time selector that ranges between 1-5 minutes. It actually removes moist from the clothes and can completely dry up clothes that are light in texture. However, whatever the texture of the cloth you are washing, the dryer compartment can help reduce moist up to 70%-80%. So you don’t have to leave your clothes out for too long to dry.

Cons

This machine’s downside is its incomplete automation. About 40% of activities have to be manually done- Filling the drum with water, draining the soapy water, re-filling the drum with fresh water for rinsing, transferring the clothes to the dryer section, draining the water – all have to be done manually. So it requires constant supervision. But the machine, through its Wash Timer, allows you to time the duration for washing, between the ranges of 3 – 15 minutes. So you can actually attend to other chores while laundering.

Availability

The LG Washing Machine WP-750R is popularly marketed Fouani Nigeria Ltd, with offices located in popular cities and towns in Nigeria. Other stores such as Idea Konsult (predominantly in the southwest), Jumia and Konga also have these product in stock (as the time of publishing this blog).

Source: http://nigeriaconsumers.com/home-appliances/lg-washing-machine-wp-750r-top-loader-review/#urate1
Re: Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This by younggirl: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
Pls do you have an idea of its price?
Re: Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This by taryour(f): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
younggirl: Pls do you have an idea of its price?

I bought mine 30k last year,not sure of the current price. Price should have reduced abit I guess.
Re: Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This by EfemenaXY: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Acelifted:
Cons

This machine’s downside is its incomplete automation. About 40% of activities have to be manually done

~ Filling the drum with water
~ draining the soapy water
~ re-filling the drum with fresh water for rinsing
~ transferring the clothes to the dryer section
~ draining the water

all have to be done manually. So it requires constant supervision. But the machine, through its Wash Timer, allows you to time the duration for washing, between the ranges of 3 – 15 minutes. So you can actually attend to other chores while laundering.

Phew! Sounds like a lot of work jare. Hand washing it seems, might even be a better and time saving option. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Phew! Sounds like a lot of work jare. Hand washing it seems, might even be a better and time saving option. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
not true. It goes for 30k (for the person asking)
The difference between this and the usual is that u don't put it on go to bed and wake up to finished laundry. The advantage is that it doesn't get grounded like the automatic one once it has a lil fault. If the spinner is bad, u can still use the washer and viseversa.

1 Like

Re: Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This by Simplesoul05(m): 10:01am On Jul 17, 2013
idprincess: not true. It goes for 30k (for the person asking)
The difference between this and the usual is that u don't put it on go to bed and wake up to finished laundry. The advantage is that it doesn't get grounded like the automatic one once it has a lil fault. If the spinner is bad, u can still use the washer and viseversa.

what is the capacity, i mean how many kg is this perticular one WP750 and which one is better to buy between WP750 and lg601
Re: Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This by slimyem: 10:57am On Jul 17, 2013
taryour:

I bought mine 30k last year,not sure of the current price. Price should have reduced abit I guess.
hasn't reduced. Bought one for the same price yesterday.
Re: Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This by Youngpo413: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
slimyem:
hasn't reduced. Bought one for the same price yesterday.

wow na so the thing dey cheap,I will buy one asap...
Slimyem,pls which one is better,automatic or manual?
Re: Before You Get A Washing Machine For Your Home Read This by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 15, 2018
nice post

(1) (Reply)

'Honor Thy Children That Thy Days May Be Long Upon The Land' / Surehome Marriage Seminar | August Edition / A Wife Material But Not Well Educated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.