Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) (33095 Views)

Supreme Court Ruling: Akwa Ibom Women Floated Carnival Yesterday (pictures ) / Senate Postpones Decision On Anti-Amaechi Petition Till Wednesday / Anti-amaechi Lawmakers Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by ProAnti: 10:16am On Jul 17, 2013
Olaolufred:

What of arresting both?
Let us be sincere.

Arresting both would give the Police a semblance of impartiality but won't solve the larger problem. At best, it would make the two of them scape goats while allowing the puppeteers continue in the deceit.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Dee60: 10:19am On Jul 17, 2013
Youths in Egypt are fighting for their freedom while Rivers youths are fighting for crumbs! How much did they pay these hoodlums?

1 Like

Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by lawbabs: 10:30am On Jul 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:
LOL grin grin

They could have at least tried to get more than one person to write all those placards!

How on earth did u know what I was thinking...
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by omarky(m): 10:31am On Jul 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You'r the one that kill reason and lack COMMON SENSE.

The police did not stand and watch like you shamelessly wrote. The police restrained the protesters, making it possible for the convoy of the governors to pass.

I dont have time for further debate with people who are too emotional to look at the FACTS. But just to CONFIRM to you that the convoy of the president was attacked by stone hurling protesters in 2011 in Nasarawa state. Similar incident happened when the president visited Uganda
https://www.nairaland.com/601014/nasarawa-protesters-hurl-stones-jonathan
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/president-museveni-apologies-for-attack-on-jonathan-s-convoy/91563/
http://lindaikeji..in/2011/02/nasarawa-protesters-hurl-stones-at.html

U are an Embarrassment in PEJ's voice
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 17, 2013
I could even see an old man wit a cap who should be relaxing in his mud house.Wat a chartered crowed!
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Btruth: 10:34am On Jul 17, 2013
kunlekunle: [size=16pt]if this is why SARO WIWA died,
he died in vain
[/size]

Why do you say so? Please explain.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Chimex30(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2013
hey i know that man. Chai
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2013
These guys aren't jobless ooo. Look how fresh they all look ? Amnesty money.. grin
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Olaolufred(m): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2013
Pro Anti:

Arresting both would give the Police a semblance of impartiality but won't solve the larger problem. At best, it would make the two of them scape goats while allowing the puppeteers continue in the deceit.

YES BECAUSE THE BIG COWS IN ABUJA THAT IS UNTOUCHABLE WITH HIS BROTHER ON RIVERS THAT IS BEEN FORCED TO RESPECT HIM HAS NOTHING TO LOOSE IN THE TEMPORARY.
BUT SURE SOMEONE IS RISKING HIS POLITICAL CARRIER. YOU MAY SAY ONE, BUT REALITY IS BOTH.

THE FOOLS ARE TO BE ARRESTED AND PROSECUTED SO THAT OTHERS WILL LEARN NOT TO ALLOWED THEMSELVES TO BE USED NO MATTER THE 144 VIRGINS grin grin grin PROMISED THEM IN HEAVEN.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Btruth: 10:41am On Jul 17, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]

Come to think of it. How did they know that those governors are coming in that day? If not for the work of the insider though. Let's continue watching the season film sha.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Rooneyboy(m): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:
LOL grin grin

They could have at least tried to get more than one person to write all those placards!

U just echoed my thoughts now......

The colour (just one colour, YELLOW)of the placards is another big question mark grin y didn't they buy other colours grin
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by adeyemik: 10:42am On Jul 17, 2013
There is serious unemployment in this nation, the Federal and State government need to do something urgently. See healthy able bodied men and women who should be at their work places(Offices, Workshops, Farms and Markets) shouting and carrying placards for public officers (elected or appointed) that care less of their welfare or that of their immediate families. I'm 100% sure these people are not doing this because of the love for the state or the stage actors but for the NGN1,000; NGN2,000 and NGN5,000 they have been promised.

They fail to understand that the politician they are crying and rooting for, fights in the open but discuss how to share the state resources among themselves in the inner inner chamber of their secret offices. grin cry kiss

Seriously an idle hands, minds and brain are readily available tools in the hands of "POLITHIEVCIANS".
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2013
Tolexander: Thank God there are pictures as evidence.

I hope the same set of people hailing the touts and paid youths to do this won't have any cause to condemn anything done to GEJ and the ProGEJs if anything like this is done to them later.

And just like in the case of Chinda, vengeance is usually more deadly. I pray the vengeance won't be assassination.

1 Like

Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Rooneyboy(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2013
Freewilly: One of the placards says that Soyinka loves the resources from the Delta and hates the people.

Are we blind

....... grin
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by gbadexy(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2013
naptu2:

People have died from protests in other parts of the world, so is it ok if people die during protests in Nigeria? Throwing stones and damaging property/injuring people is illegal, period.

Where is this debate about "level of security" coming from? Have I at any point stated that the governors should have presidential security? The fact is that it is the duty of the police to protect all Nigerians and prevent the break down of law and order. It is their duty to arrest people who resort to violence (including throwing stones).
Bros, the guy is a huge joke! I cant believe he could descend this low to try and justify the attack on amaechi's convoy.
Its obvious the guy is an unreasonable, biased, programmed aso rock bootlicker.
@ IGBOSON, you are observant. I also noticed the cardboards are of the same color, likely bought in bulk and distributed on ground.
If it were students or some workers protesting it may be believed they wrote their minds on the placards but I don't see those well dressed market women and creek thugs told to put on their sunday best doing so. Its obvious those are touts no matter how they try to pass them off as regular residents by telling them to dress for the occasion.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 10:44am On Jul 17, 2013
Tolexander: Thank God there are pictures as evidence.

I hope the same set of people hailing the touts and paid youths to do this won't have any cause to condemn anything done to GEJ and the ProGEJs if anything like this is done to them later.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by OdionOdion: 10:46am On Jul 17, 2013
There are more to the these so called solidarity visits than meet the eyes. When this problem started few weeks back with the PDP crisis and NGF election,several ethno-tribal groupings in Rivers State were seen on TV paying solidarity visits to Gov Amaechi with some curious and suspect communiques BUT later findings and disclosures are that these visits were scripted by Gov Amaechi and forced down on the so call visitors to create the media impression that ALL is well with Gov Amaeachi. Indigens and residence of Rivers State understood Gov Amaechi's folly and concocted deceits hence he has resulted to imported solidarity visits from disgruntled and scanvengers Northern Governors who for upward of 4years, having christians and southerners killed under their watchful eyes the way Gov Amaechi watched dis-HON Chidi Llyods Murder Micheal Chinda.Birds of the same feathers flock together.The is more fire burning in the Northern states than the one Gov Amaechi is causing in Rivers State.Even if the whole North supporting Gov Amaechi in this inglorious mission relocate to Port Harcourt,they will still NOT be able to save HIM,what will save him is when he come dowm from his present olympia utopia height of self destruction and infamy to work amicably with the people of Rivers State.QED
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2013
my brother,you capture my taught.look at healthy and hefty young men protesting or better word staging what their godfathers wanted,on a working day.if they have been gainfully preoccupied ,i don't think they will have time for this nonsense.in those days it used to be better life women and market women that goes to rally etc,but for young men i pity this nation.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by DICKtator: 10:51am On Jul 17, 2013
Freewilly: One of the placards says that Soyinka loves the resources from the Delta and hates the people.
Delta State? You kidding me right?
What happened to the spectacles i got you after i came on the last one during the all night we had?
You have also thrown those away?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by BrokenTV: 11:00am On Jul 17, 2013
Garri the 1st: Jobless touts!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
for your side na jobless touts, but if they are pro apc they would have been messiah.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Afolabs101: 11:01am On Jul 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Both the pro- and anti-Amaechi groups have the right to protest and even throw stones. The police cannot stop people from throwing stones

[b] The Commissioner of Police has on several occassions stated clearly that he has banned any form of demonstration/protest. When it's pro-amaechi it's banned but anti-amaechi supporters gather with weapons and become violent and the same Commissioner now says the aiprot is a public place.

@ the bolded, that's a really dumb statement. Nobody has the right to be violent and throw stones, destroy property and generally constitute a nuissance. And the police with tear gas couldn't disperse the crowd or at least control those that had become violent?
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by MostHigh: 11:02am On Jul 17, 2013
And we draw closer to the end.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by kaze4blues(m): 11:04am On Jul 17, 2013
Unserious set of people......

See all of them with big bellies....filled with stipends from politicians.

Joblesness @ its peak.

These fools are not protesting for efficient delivery of democracy dividends, but rather basing their protests on APC/PDP

This tells us they are sponsored politically.

They are not demanding quality education, infrastructures, good road networks etc.

They are mortgaging their future because of peanuts they will receive.

Tomorrow, they will go to shell and complain of unemployment.

If these are the sets of youths nigeria can boast of, then I weep for the future of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Eneze1(f): 11:09am On Jul 17, 2013
its obvious the crowd is rented
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by stunning4real: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2013
Jobless peolple. What a waste of lives
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by 4chi: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2013
Willy1willy:
But it was Yoruba/Hausa,Fulani North that killed him

Really? So how come it was Gani fewehinmi and femi falana that defended him pro Bono at the risk of their lives. How come it was your ike eba wuruwuru Emeka ojukwu who most

gracelessly sought him out on the morning of his execution and taunted him for not supporting his Ill fated Biafra ? You must be utterly crazy to think we have forgotten the despicable role

ibos played in the abacha tragedy. Typical mercenary that you are, you have since found a new oga in the south south.a region that was hitherto under your control. Shameless lots.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by authenticblack: 11:11am On Jul 17, 2013
well said bro,protesting is part of the peoples' right, Amaechi should be thinking of how to move the state forward instead of using cheap tactics to score cheap political marks. Lagos state just signed a joint venture financing agreement that will boost the nation’s local crude oil refining capacity by 100,000 barrels per day with a Singaporean firm, Eton Finance Private Limited to build Badagry Petroleum Refinery Limited.What is Amaechi doing?,the people voted for him and to give them the divedends of democracy. Governor forum chairmanship is unconstitutional and that can not be used to disrupt the peace of Rivers people.
Sincere 9gerian:
What was the police supposed to do? Kill all the protesters? Didn't people protest against removal of fuel subsidy for several days? This is democracy. Both the pro- and anti-Amaechi groups have the right to protest and even throw stones. The much the police can do is restrain the protesters to certain areas, which they did in this instance because the four governors and Amaechi moved to and fro the govt house. The police cannot stop people from throwing stones.

Moreover, governors are not the president that needs maximum security. Even the president with his maximum security was once a victim of stone throwing protesters.

1 Like

Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Alfoasegh: 11:13am On Jul 17, 2013
Garri the 1st: Jobless touts!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
GEJ, PEJ & Wike's thugs
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by OdionOdion: 11:17am On Jul 17, 2013
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G N-E-W-S: The Police in Rivers State has declared Dis-HON. CHIDI LLYODS wanted for attempted murder for MICHAEL CHINDA,anyone with useful information about his whereabout should contact the nearest police station,handsome rewards awaits the informant. O boy eh! The man de inside govt house this police not get liver to enter there and they want somebody else to lose his head and teeth through LLYODS's Macing,I not fit OO!
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Lordlexy: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
What was the police supposed to do? Kill all the protesters? Didn't people protest against removal of fuel subsidy for several days? This is democracy. Both the pro- and anti-Amaechi groups have the right to protest and even throw stones. The much the police can do is restrain the protesters to certain areas, which they did in this instance because the four governors and Amaechi moved to and fro the govt house. The police cannot stop people from throwing stones.

Moreover, governors are not the president that needs maximum security. Even the president with his maximum security was once a victim of stone throwing protesters.
Now it is clear to Nigerians what part of d fence you belong. Justifying hauling of stones against elected state Governors for just no cause other than they are northern Governors shows an underlying gross and resentment you have against northerners and Amaechi. Mind you, no one has monopoly over violence, that some chooses to be democratic from some of you doesn't make them timid. Ppl that doesn't value or understand how democracy was fought and won put got it on the platter of gold due to sentiment are now bent on destroying it. I implore you to exercise caution in ur utterance, it smacks incitement, immaturity and desperation.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by duni04(m): 11:21am On Jul 17, 2013
Chris-OD:

Hehehe! Bother Wole Soyinka has become a local Yoruba champion, recognized only by his own people
In contrast soyinka is breaking boundaries and is starting to be recognised everywhere as a voice against oppression, injustice and corruption. Amaechi is not a yoruba man and rivers is not a yoruba state.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) by Policewoman(f): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2013
I'm not liking what is happening to my Rivers one bit. When 2 elephants fight the grass suffers. Amaechi should swallow his pride and sue for peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) / Adams Oshiomhole Wins His Polling Unit (Video) / El-Rufai's Supporters Stage A Counter Protest In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.