Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense (5359 Views)

The Nonsense Of Spiritual Husbands, Wives And Children: Do They Exist? / RCCG G O Pastor Enoch Adeboye Finally Revealed How A Woman Almost Seduced Him / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
In these days when many churches and individuals are giving various interpretations to the scriptures, confusion and more confusion seems to envelope the Christendom. The best any child of God can do now is to read the bible and stick to it. Many teachings of Jesus are so self explanatory that one doesnt need any teacher to explain but we still see people in our time who claim knowledge of the bible still explaining this scriptures, worse still, in a manner that satisfies their selfish interest. We therefore we must be careful when we seek explanations to these self explanatory statements since the people who are explaining it to you are just mere mortal who are imperfect(even though they claim to be perfect) and can be wrong whereas the word of God is perfect. At the judgment day, we all shall be judged with the word of God(scriptures) and if that is the case please stick to the scriptures in your own interest. None of the teachers will stand on your behalf at the judgment throne to defend whatever wrong they may have taught you. its you and you alone. Lets be careful. The judgment throne is On Your Own(OYO) basis.

For example, here are the teachings of Jesus about hell fire-

[b]Matthew 5;22
22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause[b] shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 5:29,30
. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Mark 9:43-48
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 44 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’[d]

45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 46 where

‘Their worm does not die,
And the fire is not quenched.’[e]

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’[f]

Luke 12:5
5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

[/b]
Brethren, the above statements of Jesus are very clear and self explanatory. As we can see, the disciples never found it confusing hence they did not ask him for explanations on this statements as they usually did in things they didnt understand.
ANYBODY HERE OR IN YOUR CHURCH THAT SAYS HE WANTS TO EXPLAIN IT FOR YOU, THE PERSON NA WAYO OOOOOO. Carry your two legs run commot from the person. Period. God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
@Op

good one, but have you use the application? I mean have you tested the trinity, tithe and hell fire doctrines of your church?
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
teacher teacher, dont teach me nonsense, go sell your oyinbo garbage to flies
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
Segeggs: @Op

good one, but have you use the application? I mean have you tested the trinity, tithe and hell fire doctrines of your church?

What the scripture said about hell fire as i quoted in the words of Jesus in the OP is where i stand.
What the scriptures said about tithe is where i stand.
Trinity is not a word in the scripture so it doesnt bother my head and i dont attach any importance to it thats why i dont contribute much on it here.
Like i said, its not about my church, its not about what you as my friend here teaches or believe or interpretes, its all about what the scripture said. I am tired of the various individual interpretations. Its what the bible says that am clinging strictly to. Thanks dear.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2013
What about the teachings that might not be so clear from scriptures to some people, yet essential for salvation...how are the people of God supposed to understand it?
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by superior1: 8:10am On Jul 18, 2013
italo: What about the teachings that might not be so clear from scriptures to some people, yet essential for salvation...how are the people of God supposed to understand it?

Such as?
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 9:24am On Jul 18, 2013
superior1:

Such as?

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Different people have differing notions about what this "flesh" and "blood" are; yet eating and drinking them will take us to heaven while not eating and drinking them will lead us to hell.

Who will teach us?

Similarly,

John3:3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

Some people say this means we should just accept Jesus as personal Lord and saviour; others say being born again means being born of water and spirit which is simply baptism...and this could be the difference between heaven and hell for many souls.

Who will teach us the right thing?
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by Zikkyy(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2013
^^@italo, are you a priest? you are beginning to sound like one.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 18, 2013
alexleo: In these days when many churches and individuals are giving various interpretations to the scriptures, confusion and more confusion seems to envelope the Christendom. The best any child of God can do now is to read the bible and stick to it. Many teachings of Jesus are so self explanatory that one doesnt need any teacher to explain but we still see people in our time who claim knowledge of the bible still explaining this scriptures, worse still, in a manner that satisfies their selfish interest. We therefore we must be careful when we seek explanations to these self explanatory statements since the people who are explaining it to you are just mere mortal who are imperfect(even though they claim to be perfect) and can be wrong whereas the word of God is perfect. At the judgment day, we all shall be judged with the word of God(scriptures) and if that is the case please stick to the scriptures in your own interest. None of the teachers will stand on your behalf at the judgment throne to defend whatever wrong they may have taught you. its you and you alone. Lets be careful. The judgment throne is On Your Own(OYO) basis.

For example, here are the teachings of Jesus about hell fire-

[b]Matthew 5;22
22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause[b] shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 5:29,30
. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Mark 9:43-48
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 44 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’[d]

45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 46 where

‘Their worm does not die,
And the fire is not quenched.’[e]

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’[f]

Luke 12:5
5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

[/b]
Brethren, the above statements of Jesus are very clear and self explanatory. As we can see, the disciples never found it confusing hence they did not ask him for explanations on this statements as they usually did in things they didnt understand.
ANYBODY HERE OR IN YOUR CHURCH THAT SAYS HE WANTS TO EXPLAIN IT FOR YOU, THE PERSON NA WAYO OOOOOO. Carry your two legs run commot from the person. Period. God bless you.

How about :

"And as they go out, they will see the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me. For the worms that devour them will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out. All who pass by will view them with utter horror." - Isaiah 66:24

I wonder why Jesus quoted from here !

cool
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 10:23am On Jul 18, 2013
@italo,
My dear, kindly read the following scriptures -

matthew 26:
Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; xthis is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my zblood of the covenant, which is poured out for amany for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”

1 corinthians 11

23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.

There may be more scriptures which I ve not come accross in respect to this. But so far with these two scriptures I ve not seen anything confusing about what Jesus said concerning it in the place you quoted. Thanks dear.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 10:34am On Jul 18, 2013
frosbel:

How about :

"And as they go out, they will see the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me. For the worms that devour them will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out. All who pass by will view them with utter horror." - Isaiah 66:24

I wonder why Jesus quoted from here !

cool

Frosbel pls I need the place where Jesus quoted it so I can go through it too. Cheers.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2013
Zikkyy: ^^@italo, are you a priest? you are beginning to sound like one.

I'm not. I'm a lay Catholic.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by superior1: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2013
italo:

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Different people have differing notions about what this "flesh" and "blood" are; yet eating and drinking them will take us to heaven while not eating and drinking them will lead us to hell.

Who will teach us?

Similarly,

John3:3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

Some people say this means we should just accept Jesus as personal Lord and saviour; others say being born again means being born of water and spirit which is simply baptism...and this could be the difference between heaven and hell for many souls.

Who will teach us the right thing?

New International Version (John 16:13)
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

English Standard Version (Roman 8:14)
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 11:03am On Jul 18, 2013
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 11:03am On Jul 18, 2013
alexleo: @italo,
My dear, kindly read the following scriptures -

matthew 26:
Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; xthis is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my zblood of the covenant, which is poured out for amany for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”

1 corinthians 11

23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.

There may be more scriptures which I ve not come accross in respect to this. But so far with these two scriptures I ve not seen anything confusing about what Jesus said concerning it in the place you quoted. Thanks dear.

Amen! Amen! But billions of people are still confused.

To whom shall we go to eat this flesh and drink this blood?

Some protestants say once the pastor has prayed over bread and juice, it becomes a symbol of Christ. Other protestants say any believer can turn the bread and juice to a symbol of Christ. Catholics say only a Catholic priest can consecrate the bread and wine into the actual body and blood of Christ (Jesus himself).

The priest tells Catholics: "dont take "communion" anywhere outside the Catholic Church. It is a sin. The pastor says: "how can bread and wine be Jesus himself? That is idolatry!"

All back their positions with scripture.

Dearest teacher, to whom shall we go to eat and drink this flesh and blood and know if it is only a symbol or actually Jesus...lest we "have no life: in us?

Also, you omitted/ignored the born-again/baptism part.

Please help, I dont want to go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 11:07am On Jul 18, 2013
@italo,
Concerning the one you mentioned about the question of Nicodemus to Jesu in John 3, the answer that Jesus gave him is clear as you read down the same chapter. Here is it-

14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned,

And in Acts of the Apostles its the same message. Acts 16:29-31 -

29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 11:14am On Jul 18, 2013
superior1:

New International Version (John 16:13)
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

English Standard Version (Roman 8:14)
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Are you led by the Spirit?
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2013
alexleo: @italo,
Concerning the one you mentioned about the question of Nicodemus to Jesu in John 3, the answer that Jesus gave him is clear as you read down the same chapter. Here is it-

14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned,

And in Acts of the Apostles its the same message. Acts 16:29-31 -

29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

You are saying scripture is clear that we only need to believe to be saved...and baptism is not necessary?
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2013
italo:

Amen! Amen! But billions of people are still confused.

To whom shall we go to eat this flesh and drink this blood?

Some protestants say once the pastor has prayed over bread and juice, it becomes a symbol of Christ. Other protestants say any believer can turn the bread and juice to a symbol of Christ. Catholics say only a Catholic priest can consecrate the bread and wine into the actual body and blood of Christ (Jesus himself).

The priest tells Catholics: "dont take "communion" anywhere outside the Catholic Church. It is a sin. The pastor says: "how can bread and wine be Jesus himself? That is idolatry!"

All back their positions with scripture.

Dearest teacher, to whom shall we go to eat and drink this flesh and blood and know if it is only a symbol or actually Jesus...lest we "have no life: in us?

Also, you omitted/ignored the born-again/baptism part.

Please help, I dont want to go to hell.

Hahahahaha...am not a helper o. I am not a teacher in any way. The truth is that am not a bible guru. I just read with a simple and open mind. I accept the bible the way it is written. What am against is somebody importing what is different or strange to what is written under the guise of interpretation. If you are reading the scriptures and want to comment on it, let your comment not go beyond what is there. It is when we start adding what is not in the issue laid down concerning the places we are reading to justify whatever selfish desires that we have that confusion starts.
Now to your post, Jesus never mentioned who will pray and break the bread in the places i quoted to you, neither did the apostles so i leave it at that. but if you have where it is mentioned, pls post it here so that i may read.
All this ones that we see in our churches today as you mentioned are simply man's interpretation and these interpretations are rather born out of our selfish interest thats why am saying we should drop them and restrict ourselves to the limit the scripture puts things.
For me, anybody in charge of a gathering of believers where they are to break bread should do it. Jesus was in charge of the gathering at the time and he was the one that did it. There is no hard and fast rule to that and nobody should add one to it. There is no where the bible said its only our church members that will take it. What the bible said is that nobody should take it unworthily according to where i quoted in the book of acts and we should leave it at that.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
alexleo:
Now to your post, Jesus never mentioned who will pray and break the bread in the places i quoted to you, neither did the apostles so i leave it at that. but if you have where it is mentioned, pls post it here so that i may read.
All this ones that we see in our churches today as you mentioned are simply man's interpretation and these interpretations are rather born out of our selfish interest thats why am saying we should drop them and restrict ourselves to the limit the scripture puts things.
For me, anybody in charge of a gathering of believers where they are to break bread should do it. Jesus was in charge of the gathering at the time and he was the one that did it. There is no hard and fast rule to that and nobody should add one to it. There is no where the bible said its only our church members that will take it. What the bible said is that nobody should take it unworthily according to where i quoted in the book of acts and we should leave it at that.

Where do you eat the body and drink the blood of Christ?

Is it actually Jesus himself or is it a symbol of him?

Are you not bothered that the place you eat and drink might not be eligible to administer his body and blood...since you say he didnt mention who can and who cant?
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
italo:

You are saying scripture is clear that we only need to believe to be saved...and baptism is not necessary?

I never said this o. This is what i can present about baptism. Jesus was baptized as recorded in Matthew 3;13-17-
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. 14 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”

15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He[c] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Jesus also spoke of baptism here in Matthew 20;22,23-
22 But Jesus answered and said, “You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?”[d]

They said to Him, “We are able.”

23 So He said to them, “You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with;[e] but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father.”

Acts 8;36-39 also has this to say-

36 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?”

37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.”

And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”[c]

38 So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him. 39 Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing.

So baptism cant be wrong. Jesus also mentioned baptism here in Matthew 28;19-

19 Go therefore[c] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.[d]

The bolded makes it imperative for us to teach all that we have learned of Christ.
If you have more scriptures on baptism provide that i may go through it too. We are only rubbing minds on this issues so that i can learn more, but only within the scope of the scriptures. Same goes to you. Cheers.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
italo:

Where do you eat the body and drink the blood of Christ?

Is it actually Jesus himself or is it a symbol of him?

Are you not bothered that the place you eat and drink might not be eligible to administer his body and blood...since you say he didnt mention who can and who cant?

Jesus did not give us a command on where we should break the bread. He did his own in somebody's house as recorded in the same chapter we read here in Matthew 26;18-

18 And He said, “Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, ‘The Teacher says, “My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples.”

Since there was no command on venue here, then we shouldnt also restrict venue. Neither did it say it must be in a church.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
You are the one who said the best way is for any child to read the scripture himself...and not have anybody explain it to him.

So I am asking this questions to see if this is a solution.

But it appears that after reading scriptures, you still cannot tell me clearly what scripture says about baptism in relation to your salvation.

Is baptism necessary for salvation...or do we have to just believe?

Prove that you purported solution works.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
italo: You are the one who said the best way is for any child to read the scripture himself...and not have anybody explain it to him.

So I am asking this questions to see if this is a solution.

But it appears that after reading scriptures, you still cannot tell me clearly what scripture says about baptism in relation to your salvation.

Is baptism necessary for salvation...or do we have to just believe?

Prove that you purported solution works.

The place i quoted in Acts, the Eunuch first of all believed before he was baptized. You can read it up again.

Here, Acts 8;37
37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.”

And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”[c]

38 So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him. 39 Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by superior1: 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
italo:

Are you led by the Spirit?

Yes, to the glory of God

I just get to understand your question now
Read John 6 from the beginning to undertsand what brought about Jesus proclamation , the Jews asked him a question, read his answer in verse 29

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Then in verse 30, they asked him another question

30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Then he told them manna isn’t a lasting bread, he is the true bread that came from heaven

34. They asked for the bread

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35: he answered he is the bread of life, (how do eat him), he that cometh to me shall never hungry and he that believed shall never thirst. Meaning , to eat him (bread of life, his flesh), you have to come to him and to drink (his blood, living water), you have to believe him (get the point?)

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

41 and 42 . The Jews then said (bros, bone that thing, we know ya papa and mama, how do you now claim you come from heaven?), they afterall didn’t know about the angelic visit to Joseph and that his mother conceived before knowing a man (to them he is a product of sex like them, we know ya papa and mama)

41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

43-47, he began telling them how he came from the father and at 47, he said something very serious “verily, verily I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life” (that is the koko of the matter), he was still explaining from [/i]there to verse 51.

[i]43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

52: as if the Jews were deaf (we be vampire?, how are we going to eat is flesh?) as if they didn’t not heard what he said before in verse 35 (he that cometh to me shall never hungry and he that believed shall never thirst. Meaning , to eat him (bread of life, his flesh), you have to come to him and to drink (his blood, living water), you have to believe him)
That is the event that led to his claims in verse 53-58. Italo, I hope you now get the point?

50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

What saves you is eating the flesh and drinking the blood (he that cometh to me shall never hungry and he that believed shall never thirst. Meaning , to eat him (bread of life, his flesh), you have to come to him and to drink (his blood, living water), you have to believe him). Not a bread prayed on by any priest.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
alexleo:

Jesus did not give us a command on where we should break the bread. He did his own in somebody's house as recorded in the same chapter we read here in Matthew 26;18-

18 And He said, “Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, ‘The Teacher says, “My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples.”

Since there was no command on venue here, then we shouldnt also restrict venue. Neither did it say it must be in a church.

Okay...so we can break bread anywhere on earth. Church, home, brothel, babalawo's shrine etc...okay.

What about the other two questions?
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
alexleo:

The place i quoted in Acts, the Eunuch first of all believed before he was baptized. You can read it up again.

Alexleo, you have started dribbling around again o...

Be straightforward, Christian brother - child of God.

After reading scriptures on your own (as you prescribed as the best way), what does scripture say about baptism in relation to salvation.

Is baptism necessary for salvation...yes or no?
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
alexleo:

After reading scriptures on your own (as you prescribed as the best way), what does scripture say about baptism in relation to salvation.

If you dont know, just say so. There is no shame in it.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
italo:

Okay...so we can break bread anywhere on earth. Church, home, brothel, babalawo's shrine etc...okay.

What about the other two questions?

We will only leave it at where bible stopped. No restrictions. I wonder if the holy spirit will lead children of God to go do it in a brothel. A child of God in the first place is not associated with brothel in anyway. But if the person says thats where the "holy spirit" led him to do it, then thats the person's business and it is only God that will judge him on that. When you claim that the holy spirit led you to do something, you must also be ready to defend it before the judgment throne. You cant accuse God falsely before the judgment throne and go free.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by alexleo(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
italo:

If you dont know, just say so. There is no shame in it.

Now you are getting it all wrong. May be you think am here to argue or defend my church or my interest. NO. Remember i said if you have more to present on this issue pls do. we are only rubbing minds. What i have been presenting here is the scriptures and if you feel i ve not done enough that there are scriptures i left out pls feel free to present them. i can never doubt anything in the scriptures. What i will doubt is your own interpretations. Thanks. But you if you have argument in mind then, sorry, not for this thread sir. Cheers.
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
alexleo:

We will only leave it at where bible stopped. No restrictions. I wonder if the holy spirit will lead children of God to go do it in a brothel. A child of God in the first place is not associated with brothel in anyway. But if the person says thats where the "holy spirit" led him to do it, then thats the person's business and it is only God that will judge him on that. When you claim that the holy spirit led you to do something, you must also be ready to defend it before the judgment throne. You cant accuse God falsely before the judgment throne and go free.

So now it is not about scriptures anymore.

Children of God should do what they like as far as the Spirit leads them.

What about those who the Spirit is leading to listen to bishops who say they are authorized to explain the scriptures?

What about the bishops who say the Spirit is leading them to explain scripture to Children of God?

Why are you castigating these people?
Re: Bishop/G.O./Pastor/Teacher: Teach Me Nonsense by italo: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
alexleo:

Now you are getting it all wrong. May be you think am here to argue or defend my church or my interest. NO. Remember i said if you have more to present on this issue pls do. we are only rubbing minds. What i have been presenting here is the scriptures and if you feel i ve not done enough that there are scriptures i left out pls feel free to present them. i can never doubt anything in the scriptures. What i will doubt is your own interpretations. Thanks. But you if you have argument in mind then, sorry, not for this thread sir. Cheers.

Did I mention church in my post?

Your OP was to teach us the right way to approach scripture, wasnt it?

Is this the best you can do for a christian brother who is confused?

What if you were talking to a confused new convert and he asked you what you felt scripture says about baptism in relation to salvation...you would tell him to quote scripture?

It is just common sense. You say the best way is for any child of God to read and interpret by himself...and I am sure you practise what you preach.

So since you read and interpret for yourself, tell us, let the confused brother see if it works.

Is baptism necessary for salvation?

A.Yes B.No C.I dont know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atheists are zombies / Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Equal ISIS / How Satan Stop Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.