Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited (12340 Views)

Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured / Buhari's Revanchist Tendencies And Ethnic Bigotry Revisited / Sanusi Wants To Commit Suiside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
Melikam:

GOV PETER OBI OF ANAMBRA STATE IS D NEXT GOVERNOR OF C.B.N

More like Tony Elumelu !!!!!

He recently led GEJ's Business delegation to China!!!!
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Salym(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
mrsolutionm: He[b] have[/b] a point there about the redesigning,but its anoda avenue to siphon nigeria of its limited resource and channel it to his concubines,anyways maybe he wants to save up for project 2015 election project
oboy see English grin grin grin
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by sojics(m): 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Re-designation of the currency is not part of our problem now, we have other bigger issues on ground that needs urgent attention.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Salym(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
What I came to understand is that majority of southerners no matter how educated they are, are ignorant of the North and Northerners. The reason for such is best known to them, but for me I think its because of their hatred of the North that they believe whatever they hear under the influence of their burukutu or any liquor they choose to drown themselves in. To me I think it is shameful for somebody to be admitting to the world how ignorant they are about their country and even about their currency. Let me just educate some of you talking of Arabic/Islamic inscriptions on the Naira. Hausa has been written for centuries using Arabic letters. When the Europeans came they found that Hausas already have a system of writing their language not like the Southerners who are complete illiterates and have no means or idea of writing at all. Therefore, a sizable number of the Northerners can only read this Hausa in Arabic alphabets which is called 'AJAMI'. So, that is the justification for the inclusion of such in the Nigerian currency. Had it been Igbos, Yorubas and so forth have their own am sure it will be included. Its foolish for people to be saying 'Islamic inscriptions' because if we go by such defintions more of Arabic will have to be added to the Naira because the 'Christian English inscriptions has already dominated the Naira. Thank you.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Samxiulee: 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
Okija_juju: I think the redesigning of the Naira note is a good idea.. A major redesign and even the introduction of special commemorative bills. Sort of like what they did with the 'Nigeria @ 50' 50 Naira bills..

Advantage: Minimizes counterfieting.

BUT IF HE DARE TALKS ABOUT THE 5000 NAIRA NOTE, Shoot him. angry
guy u r so much on point jare.....#new fan of the shrine
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by imotondo(m): 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Sls is looking for an avenue to get money for his political ambition. Time up things!
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Tayeni(m): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
Salym: What I came to understand is that majority of southerners no matter how educated they are, are ignorant of the North and Northerners. The reason for such is best known to them, but for me I think its because of their hatred of the North that they believe whatever they hear under the influence of their burukutu or any liquor they choose to drawn themselves in. To me I think it is shameful for somebody to be admitting to the world how ignorant they are about their country and even about their currency. Let me just educate some of you talking of Arabic/Islamic inscriptions on the Naira. Hausa has been written for centuries using Arabic letters. When the Europeans came they found that Hausas already have a system of writing their language not like the Southerners who are complete illiterates and have no means or idea of writing at all. Therefore, a sizable number of the Northerners can only read this Hausa in Arabic alphabets which is called 'AJAMI'. So, that is the justification for the inclusion of such in the Nigerian currency. Had it been Igbos, Yorubas and so forth have their own am sure it will be included. Its foolish for people to be saying 'Islamic inscriptions' because if we go by such defintions more of Arabic will have to be added to the Naira because the 'Christian English inscriptions has already dominated the Naira. Thank you.
hey! there is no reason to b foul mouthed wen you r conveying ur point of views......nobody hates d north for no reason. D north has to take its own share of d blame 4 breeding hatred.....although, I don't hate d north, but I sorta hate most of ur leaders......ur history lesson was spot on though
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
Salym: What I came to understand is that majority of southerners no matter how educated they are, are ignorant of the North and Northerners. The reason for such is best known to them, but for me I think its because of their hatred of the North that they believe whatever they hear under the influence of their burukutu or any liquor they choose to drawn themselves in. To me I think it is shameful for somebody to be admitting to the world how ignorant they are about their country and even about their currency. Let me just educate some of you talking of Arabic/Islamic inscriptions on the Naira. Hausa has been written for centuries using Arabic letters. When the Europeans came they found that Hausas already have a system of writing their language not like the Southerners who are complete illiterates and have no means or idea of writing at all. Therefore, a sizable number of the Northerners can only read this Hausa in Arabic alphabets which is called 'AJAMI'. So, that is the justification for the inclusion of such in the Nigerian currency. Had it been Igbos, Yorubas and so forth have their own am sure it will be included. Its foolish for people to be saying 'Islamic inscriptions' because if we go by such defintions more of Arabic will have to be added to the Naira because the 'Christian English inscriptions has already dominated the Naira. Thank you.

which one come be Christian English? English is more of a britsh/ colonial language dan Arabic. When the british came, did they speak arabic to the northerners? Was it not English?
The hausas could (and needed to learn to)read arabic those days because they worship in the foreign language; igbos for eg practised African religion which of course is igbo spoken, there was no need to write it because d language was not to be learnt.

What am saying is that arabic has no business in our currency.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by mrvictor: 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
This guy Sanusi must definitely have some personal interests(commission) in the naira redesign agenda of his.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by NJlapto1: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
ngozievergreen:

which one come be Christian English? English is more of a britsh/ colonial language dan Arabic. When the british came, did they speak arabic to the northerners? Was it not English?
The hausas could (and needed to learn to)read arabic those days because they worship in the foreign language; igbos for eg practised African religion which of course is igbo spoken, there was no need to write it because d language was not to be learnt.

And what he is saying is thats ''AJAMI'' which is Hausa Language using Arabic letters and thats how the Hausas want their language on the currency.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Salym(m): 1:46am On Jul 19, 2013
ngozievergreen:

I wonder, which school did you go to pls?
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Salym(m): 1:55am On Jul 19, 2013
Tayeni: hey! there is no reason to b foul mouthed wen you r conveying ur point of views......nobody hates d north for no reason. D north has to take its own share of d blame 4 breeding hatred.....although, I don't hate d north, but I sorta hate most of ur leaders......ur history lesson was spot on though

Most of them are good for nothing but however, your own leaders are not better than them in any way mister...
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Tayeni(m): 7:40am On Jul 19, 2013
Salym:

Most of them are good for nothing but however, your own leaders are not better than them in any way mister...
touché . Not denying that. Back to topic- I still thnk d Arabic inscription shouldn't b there......let's not lie....hausa language has its own alphabets now...most if not all of ur sch txt books r written in hausa & nt in d Arabic form. Put sentiments aside......cos I knw hw attached one can b to arabic esp if one is a Muslim....
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Sumbarkaya(m): 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
autumn.flower:

then how do they represent hausa?

Su yi rubutun da hausa (meaning: the writings should be done in hausa)
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 20, 2013
Salym:
I wonder, which school did you go to pls?

school kwa??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Fulani Herdsmen Are Seen As Evil / President Buhari Attends Nigeria International Economic Forum In New York. Photo / Boko Haram Begins Manhunt For Members That ‘betrayed’ Abul Qaqa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.