Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact (22313 Views)

Funke Akindele To Remarry As JJC Proposes / Funke Akindele Might Not Have A Child In Life - Popular Prophet / Reasons Why Funke Akindele's Marriage Crashed So Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by aburo7: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2013
Star actress Funke Akindele, yesterday broke her silence on her failed marriage rumour. My marriage is intact, she said in an SMS message to The Nation.

The message reads: “I read in the newspaper yesterday that I am divorced. What proof do you have? And I am taking this to court because my marriage is intact. You guys are rumour mongers. Funke Akindele Oloyede.”

The Nation on Tuesday reported that the actress may have been separated from her husband, Alhaji Kehinde Oloyede, son of former Iyaloja of Oshodi market.

Oloyede on Monday announced a “separation” via his facebook page. He said: “It is with heavy heart that I am announcing the separation of me and my wife, Mrs Olufunke Akindele. We have both agreed to go our separate ways because of irreconcilable differences. We are still best of friends and we would forever remain good friends.”

The statement, which the actress’ husband has since deleted from his facebook wall, generated concerns among the star’s fans, who made the issue a major topic on social media platforms.

Attempts to reach the actress on Monday failed. Her elder sister, who doubles as her spokesperson, Mrs Ayo-Ola Muhammed, failed to make an official statement she promised when contacted because, according to reports, the actress asked that no statement be made on the issue.

Mrs Muhammed debunked an online report claiming that she confirmed the separation to a notable blogger in Nigeria.

Reports say her husband may have removed the “notice of separation,” including a more defiance follow-up post from his facebook wall, due to pressure from friends and family members. The actress is said to have been crying inconsolably since the incident, fearing criticisms by her fans and her clients’ reactions.

Funke, a film producer and ambassador of several brands, including telecommunications giant, Globacom, got married to Oloyede 14 months ago in a grand ceremony held in Lagos.

Funke’s decision to marry the real estate business man, was severely criticised by her fans who wondered why she should get involved in polygamy. She rebuffed critics on one occasion, saying: “I can tell you authoritatively that my husband is not married to anyone else. Yes, he has beautiful children, who are not mine and we have a cordial relationship, which dates back to even before we got married.”

On another occasion, she told her critics: “Will you be happier if I had married someone who didn’t have children, seems so perfect, put on my make-up and fake smile on the red carpet and start weeping when I get home? About my in-laws, they are very wonderful and supportive and my parents and siblings as well. ”

Funke and husband are known to be living separately since they got married. Oloyede is said to visit Funke occasionally. Story of Oloyede’s last child by another woman came about the same time that the rumour of Funke’s pregnancy went viral on social media. The actress was later said to have a miscarriage.

Meanwhile, apart from deleting the statement from his facebook wall, Oloyede is yet to refute the announcement in any way.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/my-marriage-intact-says-funke-akindele/
http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/07/funke-akindele-denies-marriage-breakup.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by jeffizy(m): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2013
Back and forth! Na so the thing goes!
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by Mzspread(f): 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
The truth is so glaring and obvious...y try to deny?

3 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Amebo.
When there's a divorce, both parties announce it. As a national newspaper that the nation is I expected they hear from both parties first.
The man could claim is fb page was hacked.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by Lilimax(f): 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
She should better transfer her anger to her husband who went to the social media and announced that both of them have seperated.What type of play is that . Marriage is sacred and should be treated so
or is there something else they are hiding from us undecided.
On a second thought, the Nations newspaper was in a hurry to publish this. Too bad.
My opinion though...

3 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by Skywalker5(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dirty bloggers trying to ruin someone else's marriage.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by kingthreat(m): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
Wetin concern me concern her marriage. Even if e break up, shey e go add more dollars to my account? Waiting for something better on the frontpage.

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by wendyb: 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hmmn
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
for their pocket..
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by Pray(m): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Whatever they decided on telling us, we will always be here to read. I still dey laugh>>>>.>>>>>>

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by hasiya01(f): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hey guys just got in.
Back to d matter at hand,thank Goodness for that
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by Bolt2011(m): 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2013

Commentless

Watching and Waiting
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by eyenCalabar(m): 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
Why were they closing their eyes while kissing?
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by angelTI(f): 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
why is she trying to plaster a broken egg? someone should tell her its not possible

wat was she thinking getting married as a fourth wife?

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by boonbiti: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
So who do we believe now?hmmmmm!
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
No matter how hard any human being tries to suppress the truth,it has a way of resurfacing.its like trying to hide smoke,no matter how long you supress it by shutting the doors and windows,with time it will still surface.make una dey there dey deceieve una selves.this is not to say I am wishing anyone divorce or taking sides albeit I will keep my fingers crossed
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by ZEALMAN(m): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
undecided
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by doctorcollabo(m): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ooga O

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by jossy26: 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
Just five comments and its already on fp, chai, nairaland nd gossip. Anywayz, like the usual norm, am also getting close to breaking the record, am sure you know what am talking about, gradually, I will hit my target before year ends.
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by konn: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
that is the work of face book hackers. it has happened to me someone else was using my face book account for dubious purooses even to collect money from my friends untill someone called me to confirm if i really requested for a certain amount before it dawned on me that my fb has been hacked.

everybody beware
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
She married a man with a funny & local look.
So the husband broke the news via facebook. That's why they are called celebrities. Every matter for their life must be made known to the public.
Last Bullet: Who cares.

2 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by Fazhy: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
I thought men don't close their eyes when kissing.

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
who care
na today
marriage na crackers biscuit nowdays
its brakes any how.
abeg give me ogogoro mak I sip

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by elsholz(m): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Pray: Whatever they decided on telling us, we will always be here to read. I still dey laugh>>>>.>>>>>>
i feel u jor
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by hrykanu231(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Whether the marriage still dey or not, na their own cup of ogogoro
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by kosmon(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
No smoke without fire!

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by kreamidiva(f): 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
Na wah oooo.this is complicated
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by pss: 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: You do not necessarily need to be rude. Please could you post pictures of your husband?

Okiki_Oluwa: She married a man with a funny & local look.
So the husband broke the news via facebook. That's why they are called celebrities. Every matter for their life must be made known to the public.
Last Bullet: Who cares.

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by nerodenero: 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
It is just a matter of time.Time will definitely tell.Matter wey we say make baba no hear,na baba go come settle am!
Re: Funke Akindele's Marriage Is Still Intact by demmy55(m): 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
See their head cheesy. Them no even sabi kiss sef undecided

Take correction frm the pepo below wink

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Really A Legend In The Contemporary Nigerian Music Industry? / Photos From Comedian Basketmouth's 40th Birthday Party / I'm Dangerously In Love With My Husband - Tonto Dikeh Gushes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.