Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Working With Arik Air - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Working With Arik Air (13976 Views)

Cabin Crew Needed In Arik Air / What Are The Consequences Of Working With Fake Certificates? / Arik Air Vacancies (2) (3) (4)

Re: Working With Arik Air by komo999: 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2008
Is it true the GM human resources (expat) was sacked for protecting local staff? What a disgrace!!!
Re: Working With Arik Air by Ajegunle1: 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2008
This discussion is becoming interesting. Imagine what the family member is saying. It is true the GM H/R was sacked. The lady is an expat of African origin. What a pity for the lady. I will post her farewell message to all staff for you all to read.

Her own case is even ok,imagine a widow oversseing training section in the H/R dept. This woman was sacked by this heartless man. For what reason? Because she is doing her job. This man came in one day and met people ready to go on training. He asked what they are going for and they replied training. The next thing he did was to order the sack of the training manager for according to him''spending his money on training''. The woman doesn't approve money, neither pay training centres. What she does is to get training schedule for staff and request for money from finance.

If this man can do this to a widow He begged few months back to leave her former job, then you can imagine the devil living in his heart.

Here is the GM H/R farewell message to all the staff.

Dear all

As you might be aware, my season at Arik Air has come to an end.

I would like to use this medium to appreciate you for your support and cooperation during my time as GM, Human Resources.

Over the last two years, Arik has been through many challenges but have overcome them because of your sheer determination, hard work and commitment to your duties. I believe Arik Air will maintain the Number One position if you continue to do what is right, irrespective of your ‘new experience’.

I wish you all the best in your respective careers at Arik Air. Wherever we may meet in the future, may we all have cause to celebrate our progress in life.

God’s guidance and protection be over us all.

Farewell!

Regards

Former, GM Human Resources
Re: Working With Arik Air by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2008
arik is finished.
i just pity the staff who can be sacked at anytime depending on the mood of the chairman.
may God help them .Amen
Re: Working With Arik Air by obuchineme: 11:07am On Jun 25, 2008
Hmh no wonder i was not so disturbed when i missed their call for an interview last thursday.
Dear pals,much unlike me i had a programme in the church on that day and forgot at home.
but when i came back i had to call all the numbers i discovered one to be arik,after much rffort to
speak with the HR i was told it was too late.
Guess what i did i went on my knees and said Let You Will Be Done. no more no less.
I am highly hopeful,and i say to all The Best is Yet To Come.
Re: Working With Arik Air by stephanio(f): 10:56pm On Jul 15, 2008
in as much as you say all this things am waiting to see when we all have our companies what we will make of it.
why do nigerians like to believe the worst of people did you also hear he promoted a cleaner to a tciketing and reservation officer all because he heard the guy speak.
make una go start una own and stop lamenting ,
Re: Working With Arik Air by stephanio(f): 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2008
u talk about the GMs farewell a woman who never stood up for any black just cos she was not born here.
always have facts before u spread rumours however there is a reason for everything may be GOD is taking here were she should beee,

one love
Re: Working With Arik Air by juditho: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2008
so many things are not right in arik, most esspecially job security there s no job security here and asides that some disgruntled elements black goats i would call them have taken it upon themselves to act as if they own the company and treat their colleagues like idiots but all the while forgetting that they are in the same boat with others and canb be sacked at any moment.
the man employs his relatives every where and they are busy running ddown the business for him.well arik will come and go and we would remain the good thing is that they are training us.
Re: Working With Arik Air by adesambest(m): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2008
ITS FUNNY THAT U GUYS ARE JUST HEARING ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON ARIK AIR, ITS NO MORE A SECRET. ITS JUST VERY SAD, I WILL PRAY THAT GOD WILL INTRVENE IN THAT SITUATION, BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS WORKING IN THAT COMPANY
Re: Working With Arik Air by goatmeat: 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2008
sopuru chekube are you still there? Stalker likes to stalk
Re: Working With Arik Air by pinchnswel: 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2008
"Don`t name Names, shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!". "We don`t know who might be reading this", "This site is not anonymous". I can`t read of any better way to encourage these evil ones to carry on with their wrong deeds. Has goatmeat not risked it all already? I salute your courage, Comrade.
Tamedu and others u think you are patriotic, so was Osama Bin Laden. At least he had the gut to come out boldly to express himself, while you have chosen to keep quiet and shut others down too.
Goatmeat, blow the biggle and let the wall of Jericho fall.

Re: Working With Arik Air by Greycells(m): 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2010
Somebody high-up at Arik is high on drugs. Acts on drugs, recruits and sacks on drugs!!!

A junkie, junkie situation.

Once worked for an airline with HQ on Opebi. The CEO was equally scandalous. He ruined the coy eventually.

Some say he does d*ugs, maybe d dude at Arik is same of same.
Re: Working With Arik Air by naijanow: 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2011
If you plan to fly, please read the article below:

January 5, 2011
LucieA

I was shocked this afternoon at the sight I witnessed at the boarding gate for an Arik Air flight from Lagos, Nigeria. A very large group of exhausted, irritated, unkempt looking international passengers were trying to get information about their flight. They looked like they hadn’t slept in days. I was catching another flight at a different gate but I had to stop and ask them what had happened.

One tired gentleman told me that they had been at the airport since 9pm the night before, in order to catch their flight to South Africa at 11pm. However, when they came to the boarding gate, they were not allowed to enter the plane. They were not sure what the cause of the problem was and were not given any information by Arik staff. They were simply told not to leave the boarding gate area. So they sat down thinking the delay would last an hour or two and they would be on their way home. The hours dragged by.

Arik Air did not provide them with any answers, nor did they offer them hotel vouchers so they could wait comfortably for the next available flight, nor did they find them accommodation at the airport, nor did they provide meals for them or even snacks or drinking water. There is no toilet in the boarding gate area so there was no place for them to even go to the restroom or freshen up. They were not even given access to the lounge area so that they could rest. Only a few of them could find seats, the rest were sitting in their business suits on the floor.

This is how over 200 international passengers were held against their will without information, without assistance, without even food or water for more than 15 hours! It should also be noted that these TWO HUNDRED PASSENGERS were international passengers, meaning they were in a foreign country so there was no option to go back to their homes and wait for their flight information. They had no home there and had been prevented from going home for reasons unknown to them.

It is required of every airline to provide current, up to date information to their passengers. When there is a delay that is not due to the fault of the passenger, arrangements are to be made such as hotel vouchers, meal tickets, beverages and especially access to complete bathrooms!!! These passengers are human beings – not cattle! Yet they were treated without due respect.

This is not the first time Arik Air has behaved in a criminal matter. Many friends and associates have recounted stories of abuse at the hands of Arik Air. One business partner had his wallet taken from his seat pocket while he slept and $2,000 removed from it by an Arik staffer. He was the lone passenger in his row with an empty row both in front of him and behind him. The only one that could have bent over him while sleeping and been unnoticed would be the flight staff. A sister company of ours sent a team on retreat and when they arrived at their destination, the luggage for the entire flight had been left behind at the airport and there was no announcement made on board the plane before takeoff. But how can an airline leave all of the luggage on the tarmac and not load it before taking off?? That is incredulous! I believe if an inquiry is made, many more grievances, even worse than these, will be discovered.

While I was discussing with the man, an Arik staff appeared and announced the flight was now running and would be taking the TWO HUNDRED PASSENGERS to their destination. When prodded for the reason for the delay, the staffer reluctantly informed them that the delay was a lack of fuel in the plane!

This is outrageous and completely unacceptable. They have abused their position as an airline and their directors, managers and staff are not fit to run something so sensitive as an airline. We place our lives in the hands of airlines every day, trusting them to carry us safely from one location to another with our lives, our luggage and our decency in tact. Arik Air violates all of these trusts. Serious action should be taken to prevent our citizens from finding themselves trapped and abused at the hands of Arik Air.
Re: Working With Arik Air by carnal: 1:04pm On Jan 06, 2011
2goatmeat,pls name names as this is one way to hit back at these guyz
Re: Working With Arik Air by carnal: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
may God punish the chairman and those assisting to maltreat others at ARIK.
Re: Working With Arik Air by donchruzio(m): 3:25am On Jan 07, 2011
@joyce29 i can only call it a pity the way you think. Are you joking or wat? how dare you refer to goatmeat and his cohorts as being called goats probably because of thier actions or in actions after all this testimonies.I consider you to be an irrational person with very short thoughts.
for how long we will be haters of ourselve allowing people to be taking us for a ride unneccessary in the name that there are no jobs, is this a good reasons why ceos and
chairmans be unreasonable and inhumane when they should be seing their staffs as assets and privillaged to have them work under their leadership?
someone preaches about love and i think that is key, but @joyce29 i can only say you are selfish without the capacity to love as such not worthy of any contributions on this topic.

For arik staff, i want you to be courageous, take advantages of the availlable proffessional environment and learn all you can lay your hands on
(this will be your only gains) so that when you find yourself in another organisation you will have something to offer.The idiot might call you a gaot or a monkey but what you know can NEVER be taking from you. This will stand you out when a better oppoturnity shows up.

I Used To Think This Is A Joke Until Is Saw This (pics) / How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? / Npower: 200,000 Npower Beneficiaries To Be Engaged As Financial Service Operator