Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago (1218 Views)

Wole Soyinka & Wife Folake, Step Out For Mo Abudu's Movie / Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members / Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by Orikinla(m): 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
Prof. Wole Soyinka, first Black Nobel laureate in Literature was with a glass of Moet at the Thursday evening tribute for the great Chinua Achebe at the Freedom Park on Broad Street, Lagos. I walked up to him and greeted with a bow. "Good evening sir. Orikinla," "Orikinla," he nodded. "I hope you got the copy of my book, "The Prophet Lied?" I asked. He said he did and was on his desk (meaning he is reading it). I was glad to hear that. Then I wished him happy 79th birthday and went to talk to Tolu Ogunlesi, the host who is a popular award winning journalist and writer, Jahman Anikulapo, Deji Toye and Toyin Akinosho from CORA with their coordinators and others including Mr. Hope Obioma Opara, the President of Eko International Film Festival. Meeting the living legend is always a pleasure and hearing him say my new book "The Prophet Lied" is among those on his desk is an honour to me, even though he might find few of of my poems as expressions of my audacious Christian faith which are in contrast to his well known passion for his native Yoruba religion and tradition, a great part of his literary corpus.
Among those who spoke on Achebe were Eghosa Imasuen, author of "Fine Boys", Uzor Maxim Uzoatu, Deji Toye, Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima and others.
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by bigt2(m): 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
How much did he gave you?
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by slimyem: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
So what grandpa?
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by free2ryhme: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
big-t:

typical black man syndrome .... Must you get money from people you greet ... Grow up
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by angelTI(f): 9:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
@OP, n ur point is?

This Orikinla dey misyarn sha
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by bigt2(m): 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

typical black man syndrome .... Must you get money from people you greet ... Grow up
hello racist, when i see a person, all i see first is good or bad. Not black or white!
You just went mad at just a sarcastic comment!!
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by Orikinla(m): 3:15am On Jul 19, 2013
It was a beautiful evening of wonderful memories of Chinua Achebe. Among the guests were the sweethearts of Nigerian writers and they were a bevy of beauties in their simple attires and with cheerful faces, sharing the small chops and wine. Before I left I recalled the most unforgettable thing Achebe taught me from "A Man of the People". That when a man is chatting with a lady in romantic mood and she is shaking her legs, it means she wants to have sex with him. This got the audience giggling, laughing and smiling and the sweethearts were really tickled. And most of the ladies agreed. Of course, trust Orikinla to bring up that largely unknown romantic sense of humour of one of the greatest writers of all time and also the most celebrated Nigerian writer. We will surely miss him.
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by free2ryhme: 6:37am On Jul 19, 2013
big-t:
hello racist, when i see a person, all i see first is good or bad. Not black or white!
You just went mad at just a sarcastic comment!!

what has racist got to do with what was said ...

Go collect money nah ...

Soyinka dey wait for you

Olodo
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by bigt2(m): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2013
Is that why we are here?
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by Orikinla(m): 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ann Ogunsulire, Prof. Wole Soyinka, Tolu Ogunlesi at the Evening of Tribute for Chinua Achebe on Thursday July 18, 2013, Freedom Park, Lagos.

Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by bigt2(m): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
free2ryhme:

what has racist got to do with what was said ...

Go collect money nah ...

Soyinka dey wait for you

Olodo
noisemaker!!
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by free2ryhme: 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
big-t:

noisemaker!!

town crier
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by airmark(m): 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
big-t:

You need to see Prof Wole Soyinka.
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by bigt2(m): 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

town crier
haha cheesy drama king!
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by bigt2(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
airmark:

You need to see Prof Wole Soyinka.
i think that is the first milestone only you have met so far in ur family sad sad for u!!
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by free2ryhme: 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
big-t:
haha cheesy drama king!

king''s jester
Re: I Just Met Prof. Wole Soyinka Minutes Ago by bigt2(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

king''s jester
bootlicker!

(1) (Reply)

We Shouldn't Have Gotten Married, Katherine Edoho Tells It All / Yvonne Nelson Spotted With American R&B Star Miguel / The 14 Finalists Aquafina Elite Model Look Nigeria Competition.who Will Win?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.