Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members (16915 Views)

Burnaboy Is A Cultist, See Picture Of Burnaboy With His Cult Member. / Davido Gets New Hair Cut In Honor Of His Cult Group / Olu Jacobs & Wife Joke Silva Hang Out With Ambode & Wole Soyinka In Lagos(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by coolebux(m): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
I just stumbled upon this disgusting pix of the renowned Noble Laureate posing with his cult members.
Even in his old age.

1 Like

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by MosakuAW(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by Mynd44: 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pyrates is not a cult, it is a fraternity.

14 Likes

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hmmmn who cares?

EricRichie
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by Idydarling(f): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
it's not disgusting, they are known as 'sea dogs', a confraternity dedicated to scholars

7 Likes

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by shikshark: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
hope that is not majek fashek im seeing beside him?

1 Like

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by pweshboi(m): 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
It's not disgusting, it's just that most fraternities have deviated from what I think they tried copying from there counterparts abroad...
N.B ain't supporting cult activities, I understand ur hate for cultism but that is not enough reason to have caption your topic like that. PEACE

7 Likes

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by boboLIL(m): 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
Big men and occult
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by coolebux(m): 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
pweshboi:
It's not disgusting, it's just that most fraternities have deviated from what I think they tried copying from there counterparts abroad...
N.B ain't supporting cult activities, I understand ur hate for cultism but that is not enough reason to have caption your topic like that. PEACE
Idydarling:
it's not disgusting, they are known as 'sea dogs', a confraternity dedicated to scholars
Mynd44:
You guys are typing all these because it involved Prof Soyinka abi?
If it happens to be someone else, you will start calling names.

#diarisgawd

5 Likes

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by tyson99(m): 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
AHOY!

7 Likes

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by Whizzcute(m): 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
JUNKY-MAN
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by Rotimi47: 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mynd44:

Same as Eiye Confraternity. grin

1 Like

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by Mynd44: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
Rotimi47:
Same as Eiye Confraternity. grin
Eiye is a gang. Big difference

4 Likes

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by switcakes(f): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
this photo is a hoax
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by PrinxArthur1(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
looks like bucaneers
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by kenedy175(m): 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Cult members everywhere shocked

*runs out of thread*
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by donem: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
shikshark:
hope that is not majek fashek im seeing beside him?
grin nah wah to u o.....
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by UnimkeAk(m): 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
coolebux:
I just stumbled upon this disgusting pix of the renowned Noble Laureate posing with his cult members.
Even in his old age.

it is better to keep shut than speak and let everyone know how ignorant you're
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by Drajah(m): 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
coolebux:

#diarisgawd

you get sense jor

1 Like

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by Urine: 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
coolebux:
Even in his old age.

National Association of Seadogs is not a cult, it is an organization that has been registered legally in Nigeria. If you are not sure of something, you can always ask questions. Click the link below to know more about NAS;

http://nas-int.org/

1 Like

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by chiefololade: 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mynd44:

More like stealing is not corruption

3 Likes

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by jaylister(m): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by adebayo201: 9:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
undecided
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by adebayo201: 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
coolebux:

#diarisgawd

You cant just insinuate from their post now. When it's not as if they've made such statement bfr..
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by musicwriter(m): 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
This's why it is not good to copy everything whiteman do. I read an interview here on Nairaland where Soyinka was defending his fraternity. He mentioned former US president Mr. Bill Clinton being a member of a cult as well. And, I ask; should we now do it because Americans are doing it?.

It's evidently clear that while school fraternity may have worked for America, but it certainty didn't work for us. Ours have sadly evolved into cultism.

1 Like

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mynd44:

Yeah, you are right... Like stealing is not corruption...
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by adekzy: 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
musicwriter:
This's why it is not good to copy everything whiteman do. I read an interview here on Nairaland where Soyinka was defending his fraternity. He mentioned former US president Mr. Bill Clinton being a member of a cult as well. And, I ask; should we now do it because Americans are doing it?.
It's evidently clear that while school fraternity may have worked for America, but it certainty didn't work for us. Ours have sadly evolved into cultism.

coolebux:
Even in his old age.

Beginning of Pyracy

It was against this background and to combat these negative tendencies that seven students founded the Pyrates Confraternity (PC) in 1952. Their original scroll written and signed by those founding fathers, listed below, remains a most valued item in the Pyrates Treasure Chest.

These men known as the Original Seven are:

1. Wole Soyinka
2. Ralph Okpara
3. Pius Oleghe
4. Ikpehare Aig-Imoukhuede
5. Nathaniel Oyelola
6. Olumuyiwa Awe
7. Sylvanus U. Egbuche

The Original Seven, at Tedder Hall Quadrangle, University College Ibadan. From left: Wole Soyinka,
Ikpehare Aig-Imoukhuede, Sylvanus Egbuche, Pius Oleghe, Nathaniel Oyelola, Muyiwa Awe, Ralph Okpara

Soon their rank increased to fifteen to become the "fifteen men on a dead man's chest". To combat tribalism within their ranks, they adopted pyratical names, different from their "lubbish" names, with no trace to any tribe or origin. Thus was born the Jolly Rogers l (JR1) deck which for a long time remained the mothership of the pyrates Confraternity.

Go educate yourself @ the source

http://nas-int.org/history.html

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by Haywhymido(m): 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
Good intention do end up with evil result
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by donsmall94(m): 5:58am On Aug 14, 2015
Mynd44:

Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by sweetMichael(m): 8:22am On Aug 14, 2015
noble lords...ayei ooo
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by iamrealdeji(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2015
UnimkeAk:

it is better to keep shut than speak and let everyone know how ignorant you're
Cult na cult joor,are you telling me now that pyrates have never been violent? Pyrates I know has always been a cult
Re: Photo- Prof Wole Soyinka With His Cult Members by iamrealdeji(m): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2015
It's just like this,Prof Soyinka never intended to pull violence by forming a cult group,but he must perform his obligations,once you become a cultist,you are forever,once you step into it,aint no turning around

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foluke Daramola Salako Dazzles In Makeover Portraits (photos) / Happy Birthday Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! / Amanda Ebeye's Son Celebrates 1st Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.