Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder (22227 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by naptu2: 1:52am On Jul 19, 2013
Here we go again! The media loves to create controversies (they make money from them). Stephen Keshi has not stated that he is dropping Enyeama because of that goal. Keshi is rebuilding the team and preparing for the world cup. Therefore he needs to see different players in action and know how good they are.

For example, he has stated that Joseph Yobo is still his captain, despite the fact that Yobo has not been called to the team in a while. The game against South Africa is a friendly and therefore it is an opportunity to see players like Obinna Nsofor and even home based goalkeepers in action, so that we can explore our options before the world cup. Enyeama has been our first choice keeper for a while now, so Keshi already knows his strengths and weaknesses.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by batteryempty(m): 1:54am On Jul 19, 2013
That was an half chance from Forlan, many keeper would have saved it. How about the free kick he conceded in Calabar against the Kenyans?

CFCfan: I disagree. No keeper in the world would have saved Forlan's shot.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by sambos994(m): 2:05am On Jul 19, 2013
Guys calm down. This might give some time for Enyeama to cool off. Buy hey, it's only a friendly, why should we have our no.1? Not to mention there are only two GKs.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Jesuspikin87(m): 2:47am On Jul 19, 2013
Now I believe StevEn Keshi is a GAMBLER!!!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Rhemmymatician(m): 2:55am On Jul 19, 2013
donem:
CFC i hold your football opinions very high, but i disagree with you on this, i personally was disappointed when he concieded that Forlan goal, his attempt towards thwarting the ball was very dismal. Besides by generalizing that no keeper in the world would have caught the ball isn't fare, cos i know of keepers who have saved more difficult goals than that of Forlan.
Sir, pls have you played organized standard football before?
2. Have you ever kept goal in the above before?
because you must think it took 5 mins from Forlan's foot to Enyeama's goal, either that or you think say na monkey post dem dey play. You shd praise Enyeama's reflex that even in the condition he almost got a hand to it.
Just so you know Monsieur Forlan himself didn't know which part of the post that shot will end up.

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by solomon111(m): 3:15am On Jul 19, 2013
Why shouldn't we try a new keeper?
Enyeama should rest jor.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by nijanigga: 3:20am On Jul 19, 2013
SLIDE waxie: stephen keshi is clueless. No doubt abt dt
I'm not TB Joshua, but I have already predicted that Nigeria will not be in Brazil-2014.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by DgRaNdShErifF(m): 3:20am On Jul 19, 2013
smileyhope it pays off
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by nijanigga: 3:21am On Jul 19, 2013
batteryempty: That was an half chance from Forlan, many keeper would have saved it. How about the free kick he conceded in Calabar against the Kenyans?

You know many Nigerians are really hungry ,this one can't think straight.Please, anyone not hungry,look at that Kenyan goal again,it was perfect angle 90 degrees.How tall is the Nigerian golie?
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by sambos994(m): 3:22am On Jul 19, 2013
nijanigga:
I'm not TB Joshua, but I have already predicted that Nigeria will not be in Brazil-2014.

And why is that?
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by nijanigga: 3:26am On Jul 19, 2013
sambos994:

And why is that?
You don't see the confusion in Nigeria's camp already? You think Enyema or his clique in the team will be happy? or you don't know that Nija players form cliques.? Ok, again Shola ameobi who is to be off loaded by Newcastle now wants to play for nija,cos he is eying Brazil.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by kennethik: 3:46am On Jul 19, 2013
Like what the other contributor said that we have forgotten soon what Enyama did during just concluded AFCON,I think the too much foreign footballs we watch in this part of Africa had really bastardise our. Sense of reasoning and thoughts,like someone had said so far what of Tahiti goal keeper who conceded more twenty goals in that tournament,I don't know why we Nigerians we sit dawn and criticise without our sense of reasoning.the person criticising would never sit dawn at a round table to give out constructive and a critical solution to particular problem,I have always say it many times without number we don't have supporters in this part of the world called Nigeria.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by sambos994(m): 3:47am On Jul 19, 2013
nijanigga:
You don't see the confusion in Nigeria's camp already? You think Enyema or his clique in the team will be happy? or you don't know that Nija players form cliques.? Ok, again Shola ameobi who is to be off loaded by Newcastle now wants to play for nija,cos he is eying Brazil.

Dude, it's only a friendly match. He'll back back for Malawi.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Dammysk(f): 4:10am On Jul 19, 2013
sambos994:

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/07/18/4126505/enyeama-dropped-because-of-confederations-cup-blunder?ICID=HP_HN_1

Most keepers won't save Forlan's goal not even Ejide! Buffon sef go chop am! It was quite close n a very fast shot!

I blame our wasteful strikers n @times naïve defenders!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by IAMBREEZY: 4:40am On Jul 19, 2013
I hope keshi would not regret this later.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by IAMBREEZY: 4:44am On Jul 19, 2013
nijanigga:
just keep ur predictions to urself,u hear
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Steezz(m): 4:56am On Jul 19, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Sir, pls have you played organized standard football before?
2. Have you ever kept goal in the above before?
because you must think it took 5 mins from Forlan's foot to Enyeama's goal, either that or you think say na monkey post dem dey play. You shd praise Enyeama's reflex that even in the condition he almost got a hand to it.
Just so you know Monsieur Forlan himself didn't know which part of the post that shot will end up.
oga u be babalawo wey know wetin dey 'monsieur' forlan mind abi? I hail o!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by canalily(m): 5:17am On Jul 19, 2013
Ah! bro keshi? Your reason is not strong oh! That D.FOLAN'S goal is like an ill wind that passes through a basket! Even you could you have saved it on the bench?
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 19, 2013
lucenzo: i hope the coach knows what he's doing because if he fails to deliver, we would eat him for dinner.
i sincerly hope he knows what he is doing, it was dis kind of decision dat finished aiyenugba and siasia
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by striker9(m): 6:29am On Jul 19, 2013
We will surely miss Enyeama,he couldn't have saved that shot.It was a powerful shot placed in the top angle.What about Ideye that lost many chances,or Musa that stupidly gave the ball away which resulted into second goal.Enyeama may not be in his best form but his not the problem and Ejide is not the solution.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Damsman10(m): 6:32am On Jul 19, 2013
Afam4eva: I think Enyeama is one of the best goalies in the world. Any keeper would have conceded the goals he conceded. But i think Austin Ejide is equally good.
even if some NLs praise enyeama 4rm 2day till worldcup 'finals' i bliv he is DETERIORATING
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 19, 2013
Gbengazzee: Hmm. What exactly would Spain do to their acclaimed Ike Casillas? Enyeama is aging and there is need to get a replacement for him, but the Keshi should not reason it on Enyeama's performance at the Confederation.
but all our 3 keepers are 29 and above. I believe Keshi still needs to do more scoutin
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 19, 2013
EVEN THE GOAL KEEPER COACH IKE SHOROMUN CAN NOT SAVE THE SECOND GOAL
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by pscott(m): 6:48am On Jul 19, 2013
please someone shld help me. How can i post a topic on nairaland?need ur assistance.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by UcheHarmony: 6:49am On Jul 19, 2013
It means keshi has dropped all dis people dat under-performed during d confederation cup,like musa,ideye,mba,gambo n co
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 19, 2013
nijanigga:
honestly bro, na dis kind thing wey Christian Chukwu de do wey Angola pipe us
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by premlove(m): 6:49am On Jul 19, 2013
As much as i support this movement of droping eyeama let's not forget wat happen in abuja few years bck may b one match is enough
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by manuelo130: 6:49am On Jul 19, 2013
pekelepekele: #1 reason why nigeria football will never progress unless they change is that they always think you should go there and win and never lose , once you lose they will start debating of getting a new coach and if you win they will nearly move the whole public funds into your account.

In any competition , some have to lose while some wins and i don't think any tipster would have predicted Nigeria to draw or win the match we played against uruguay.

This time it is not the coach anymore but the goal keeper just imagine the way they are blaming a goal keeper that did a fantastic job during afcon , You guys have forgotten that so soon .

Well am here waiting to see the goal keeper you will use against SA .

Nigeria smh

Watch that second goal highlight below and tell me if any keeper will be able to catch that ball and even the first goal is not a easy one for a goal keeper to catch if he manage to punch it out , that player will re-kick the ball into the net .

Even a trainee keeper can catch that ball. Enyeama was already on the tuff (maybe out of fear) as the ball was approaching despite the fact he is not the tallest of keepers. Tell me how he wanted to punch the ball from ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb3gDzWzRIY
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by kliq(m): 6:56am On Jul 19, 2013
Silly reason/excuse for droppin him n besides hw can a player openly blame anoda player for a blunder....if really d keeper was dropped for d lost of dat match den a couple of oda players shoulda gone down wit him especially those misfiring strikers...he still could have been d 2nd choice...I smell somtin phony but its all gud
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by goodgood2(m): 6:57am On Jul 19, 2013
Anybody who is blaming Enyeama for Uruguay's second goal is obviously a learner or an im.be.cile' . What led to the goal? One aboki guy named musa lost possession when Nigeria looked certain to attack Uruguay; and forlan was quickly put through, leaving enyeama exposed.

Before Omeruo could reach the striker, the harm was done. Forlan's fierce shot went to the top left corner, and only a miraculous save could have got in the way of Forlan. The chances of the world's best keepers saving that kind of shot is 1 in 15.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by lokomania1111(m): 7:04am On Jul 19, 2013
I just think without competition in place enyeama might feel too relax, let's encourage competition 4 goal keeping space.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Signs 2-year Extension Deal With Man City / Puyol Arrives Nigeria Today On 3-day Tour / Serena Beats Venus To Win Record 23rd Slam Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.