Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,471 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Maximizing The NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Maximizing The NYSC (601 Views)

Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara / Open Letter To NYSC: Where Is The Orientation In The NYSC Camps? / Congratulations To The NYSC Batch A, 2011 Corpers Passing Out Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maximizing The NYSC by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2013
Recently, I was thinking of d best use of the NYSC. At its inception, posting was done strictly on the bases if one's course of study. In the Recent past only professional courses like law and the madicals enjoyed such leverage or luxury; every other graduate was
posted to a school. But just two years ago a new and more radical policy was adopted: Every corper goes to a school ( however, we know there are sacred cows). I think this policy will not produce the expected result. My reason is that when teachers are frequently
changed the students find it difficult to learn the substances of their lessons as they would spend the whole of every term learning about the mannerism of the new teachers. This is a great disservice to the students. For students
to learn effective there must be a good
degree of familiarity between the intructor and the instructed. beside the high level of moral decadance, especially sexual immorality, among most of our graduates makes these young students vulnerable and susceptible as prays to these sex-hungry graduate. It is on the premise of the foregoing that Agriculture, I think, is the best industry to make the best of our Corpers in the NYSC, especially in the face of the fact of the high cost of food in Nigeria. Let corper be posted to both government and private owned farm settlements within and outside Nigeria. Let their feeding be free and a Discharge grant of
about a million naira paid to each of them at the completion of the service year. In addition, loans could be given to graduates of agriculture who intent to set up their own farms, agricultural business or go into partnership in the agro-allied industry. A comprehensive trainning on the formation and operations of a partnership may also be incorporated into the scheme. God bless my Green Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

B14 Posted To Enugu From Uniben Lets Meet Here / Posting Letter / Send Application. Female Corpers In Abuja Highly Encouraged.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.