Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Stubborn Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stubborn Faith (568 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Stubborn Faith / Living Faith Church Is 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stubborn Faith by sidespin: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
STUBBORN FAITH

One day I was having a meeting in Bury, in Lancashire, England. A young woman was present who came from a place called Ramsbottom, to be healed of goitre. Before she came, she said, "I am going to be healed of this goitre, mother." After one meeting she came forward and was prayed for. The next meeting she got up and testified that she had been wonderfully healed, and she said, "I shall be so happy to go and tell mother that I have been wonderfully healed." She went to her home and testified how wonderfully she had been healed, and the next year when we were having the convention she came again. To the natural view it looked as though the goitre was just as big as ever; but that young woman was believing God and she was soon on her feet giving her testimony, and saying, "I was here last year and the Lord wonderfully healed me. I want to tell you that this has been the best year of my life." She seemed to be greatly blessed in that meeting and she went home to testify more strongly than ever that the Lord had healed her. She believed God.

The third year she was at the meeting again, and some people who looked at her said, "How big that goitre has become." But when the time came for testimony she was up on her feet and testified. "Two years ago the Lord graciously healed me of goitre. Oh I had a most wonderful healing. It is grand to be healed by the power of God."

That day someone remonstrated with her and said, "People will think there is something the matter with you. Why don't you look in the glass? You will see that your goitre is bigger than ever."That good woman went to the Lord about it and said, "Lord, you so wonderfully healed me two years ago. Won't you show all the people that you healed me?" She went to sleep peacefully that night still believing God and when she came down the next day there was not a trace or a mark of that goitre.

God's word is from everlasting to everlasting. His word cannot fail. God's word is true and when we rest in the fact of its truth what mighty results we can get. Faith never looks in the glass. Faith has a glass into which it can look. It is the glass of the perfect law of liberty.
(Smith Wigglesworth)

2 Likes

Re: Stubborn Faith by ayowamiwale: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
How true!We often get weary but God is ever faithful,ever sure!

1 Like

Re: Stubborn Faith by mumumugu(m): 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
Who belives this?
Re: Stubborn Faith by Yooguyz: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
mumumugu: Who belives this?
i do
@OP, sturborn faith is believing the word of God as it is irrespective of how you feel

1 Like

Re: Stubborn Faith by ayowamiwale: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2013

I do too.Our God is awesome.You just have to experience him to understand somethings.What a God we serve!

1 Like

Re: Stubborn Faith by PastorOluT(m): 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2013

I do also

@op God bless u, I have read this story before from his book but reading it now is timely and sure speak to me more. God bless u again

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Most Christains Not Read Their Bible Again / Did You Charge Your Phone In Church Today? / The Vow (continued)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.