Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research (16624 Views)

Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist / Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent / Scientist Uncover "God's Bathtub" In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by ocelot2006(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pipsland78: Yet another Igbo brother doing us proud abroad. Hope those "ofenmanu" and "molas" are learning something here.

Weldone nwannem nwoke!

Aaaaaand it goes tribal. Again.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
Miss becky: i think it is u who is foolish,he grew up in d north and after sec.skul he left,he was not raised by a hausa man,dere is a difference
dt makes 3 in one...i dnt knw y igbos dnt lyk yoruba...wen awolowo dey build oau,1st telivision in 9jiria,1st stadium,1st sky scrapper...ojukwu dey prepare 4 war

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
Jeezuzpick:

Hey, no hard feelings. Sorry I was a bit piqued at being called Ignorant...

Online is the worst place to wash ur dirty linen, though....

I guess we should thank God for NL monikers!

I will do some research on Fadipe and his work.

Promise.

As promised.

So far I've seen a post by bjf (Basil Jide Fadipe) on a forum, doc2doc.

He alluded to a possibility of genetic inbreeding as being responsible for the high prevalence of Hypertension on Dominican Island where he works.

I see his reasoning as being correct in that certain gened may exhibit dominance over the generations, especially when there is little or no ingress of fresh genes into the community. The traits that predisposes occurrence hypertension hence may tend to occur with greater frequency and as a result, hypertension becomes prevalent.

By way of a disclaimer, he stated that poor diagnostic practices and lifestyles of the people may taint observations even further.

My findings so far.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Cashio(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pipsland78: Yet another Igbo brother doing us proud abroad. Hope those "ofenmanu" and "molas" are learning something here.

Weldone nwannem nwoke!
bro i am igbo..but why this comment?
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by IGBOSON1: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
I can't believe people are answering this pipsland guy and taking him seriously! It's obvious the guy is a nut!! The way i read his initial posts; he was being sarcastic and is most likely Yoruba.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by whitecat007: 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
He's a Yoruba man. ibo claiming a Yoruba man with a Yoruba name is the funniest thing ever!
Pipsland78:
He's Igbo by virtue of his mum coming from the SE.
Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by tgbaba(m): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
astronautog: Esut imsu post ume runs and accomodation contact me answers would be sent 10 minutes into exam

WTF!!! This guy should be in jail
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by whitecat007: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
He's a Yoruba first before Nigerian
nerodenero: He is Fadipe and a Nigerian!!!
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by whitecat007: 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
You and I know that wasn.t sarcasm, but an attempt to mislead non-Nigerians, and we can't sit for bold face lies like this to stick for the sake of those who don't have basic knowledge about Nigeria.
airmark:

This dude is sarcastic.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by saipn: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
@pipsland78 it is obvious that dis fadipe is a yoruba man while diplaying your stupidity on dis thread?infact u are a disgrace to igbo people
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
brudiga: so tell me those igbo traits that other tribes doesn't exhibit or have never exhibited before?
Like having unrivaled business acumen, being very industrious, never giving up, ability to survive anywhere even under the worst of conditions, being innovative, etc etc

I can prove this: 1) Yorubas started home video in Nigeria during d days of Baba Sala but the moment Igbos took over they took it to d next level and even took it international.

2) Yorubas started hip hop in Nigeria but the moment Igbos stepped in, it gained international appeal.

3) Cars, SUVs and busses are being manufactured in Nigeria and guess who is doing it? Google Innoson motors pls.

The list is endless bro. The best way to understand the Igbo nation is to look at Israel; the best way to understand an Igbo man is to look at a Jew.

Now I'm sure u get the picture.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pipsland78:
Like having unrivaled business acumen, being very industrious, never giving up, ability to survive anywhere even under the worst of conditions, being innovative, etc etc

You just described Yorubas to a T, unless your tribalism is blinding you. wink

Even intellectually, Yorubas dey there
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
astronautog: Esut imsu post ume runs and accomodation contact me answers would be sent 10 minutes into exam

Are you a liar or a thief? Pls get lost
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by babsomotde(m): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
Good reason I call myself Nigerian. God bless you my daddy's uncle's sister's great grandson. May God bless you the more, Uncle.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pipsland78:

I can prove this: 1) Yorubas started home video in Nigeria during d days of Baba Sala but the moment Igbos took over they took it to d next level and even took it international.

2) Yorubas started hip hop in Nigeria but the moment Igbos stepped in, it gained international appeal.

3) Cars, SUVs and busses are being manufactured in Nigeria and guess who is doing it? Google Innoson motors pls.

The list is endless bro. The best way to understand the Igbo nation is to look at Israel; the best way to understand an Igbo man is to look at a Jew.

i think business mogul like dangote, otedola,adenuga, jimoh ibrahim jst to mention a few are clear examples of people that exhibits those traits you put up and non of them belong to your tribe. Now to your 1.baba sala was unable to go international because their was noting like cable tv and the level of tech wasnt like this at that time. 2.my counter argument above is also partly responsible for2. And to remind you, obe and sunny ade had gone international as far back as70s and 80s. 3.have u ever heard of the word adaptation? That is exactly wot is happening at innoson. You said igbos are innovative but yorubas were the 1st to come up with the basis 4 ur first two arguments. Som posters said u are being sarcastic but fortunately, i like it.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
brudiga: i think business mogul like dangote, otedola,adenuga, jimoh ibrahim jst to mention a few are clear examples of people that exhibits those traits you put up and non of them belong to your tribe. Now to your 1.baba sala was unable to go international because their was noting like cable tv and the level of tech wasnt like this at that time. 2.my counter argument above is also partly responsible for2. And to remind you, obe and sunny ade had gone international as far back as70s and 80s. 3.have u ever heard of the word adaptation? That is exactly wot is happening at innoson. You said igbos are innovative but yorubas were the 1st to come up with the basis 4 ur first two arguments. Som posters said u are being sarcastic but fortunately, i like it.
[b] With due respect, those people you mentioned are no business men, they are thieves stealing from the masses. If it were in a country where is is law and order, the likes of Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, etc would be roasting away in jail. If you knew how much these thieves have stolen from you, you wouldnt come here mentioning their names. If you knew how those wicked thieves operate you wouldnt even wanna associate with them.

I never said Yorubas dont innovate, I said Igbos have a special touch pretty much like the Jews. They know how to perfect stuffs...

I wasnt talking about Nigerian music in general, I was talking about Nigerian hip hop. If you wanna talk about Nigerian music generally, then the likes of Osadebe, Oliver De Coke, Victor Iwaifo, etc took Nigerian music offshore much before the likes of Obe and Sunny Ade became household names in Nigeria.

And please dont even talk about Innoson Motors because it's obvious you either know nothing about the company or you are blinded by bigotry.
[/b]
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by swezenberg(m): 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pipsland78:

Same day you posted this rubbish I remember you were begging people on nairaland to have mercy on your brother who was involved in drug deal. I know your trait and gene for this also.
I just want to refresh your head with your post on this thread. You have time to go and modify it now.

Pipsland78:
Why are u so heartless, if na ur broda u for spew this nonsense?

Nollywood Director in Malaysia,Ifeanyi Johnpaul Aguonu was sentenced to 10 strokes of cane and 15 years in jail for drug possession.

A Nigerian movie director was on Thursday given 15-years jail term after Malaysian authorities arrested him with 2.4kg of methamphetamines in his possession.

Ifeanyi Johnpaul Aguonu,38,was also slapped with 10 strokes of the cane for the offence of bringing the drugs into the country in March 2011.

High court Justice Abdul Alim Abdullah expressed concern that many Nigerians had entered Malaysia with drugs without fear of the law.

"Our Country has a strict rule when it comes to drugs,that the law provides a death penalty for drug trafficking.If you are convicted with a capital offence here,you could have been hung from the neck until you die,"the judge said before sentencing Aguonu.

"But you've been saved from the gallows because your counsel sent a representation and the Attorney-General Chambers agreed to give you an alternate charge,"he said
http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/22501/17/nollywood-film-director-gets-15-years-jail-term-an.html
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
^^^ Have you taken your drug today or are you just high on fermented sperm?
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by swezenberg(m): 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
If I start with you on nairaland you won't know what hit you. So Seun Osewa that came up with nairaland to allow ungrateful tribe like yours is Igbo too.

Thank God he's not from your tribe else Hausas and Yorubas would not have had say on any topic or thread.

As for the music you mention there is no major music star in Nigeria that does not use Yoruba word in his song because if you do not appeal to Lagosian your song will only be a village folk rhyme. Go and ask your brothers. Even Africa love our words.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
swezenberg: If I start with you on nairaland you won't know what hit you. So Seun Osewa that came up with nairaland to allow ungrateful tribe like yours is Igbo too.
So you are counting Nairaland as one of the achievements of the Yorubas? Lol....abeg no comot my teeth with laughter.

A site with no real value in the corporate world is what you are here brandishing as one of your achievements. Abeg I give up, you don win. I no wan waste my time on such parochial thinking.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by swezenberg(m): 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pipsland78:
So you are counting Nairaland as one of the achievements of the Yorubas? Lol....abeg no comot my teeth with laughter.

A site with no real value in the corporate world is what you are here brandishing as one of your achievements. Abeg I give up, you don win. I no wan waste my time on such parochial thinking.

Mention one that ur tribe came up with. You benefitted from our schools and proffesor in UI, Ife and Lag and your tribe was not grateful. 80% of your prominent men finished from these schools and you still have the gut effontery to come and display your idiocy on this forum. Tell me which school you finished from. You can tell me oxford because you can't point to one from ur area.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 22, 2013
Pipsland78:
[b] With due respect, those people you mentioned are no business men, they are thieves stealing from the masses. If it were in a country where is is law and order, the likes of Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, etc would be roasting away in jail. If you knew how much these thieves have stolen from you, you wouldnt come here mentioning their names. If you knew how those wicked thieves operate you wouldnt even wanna associate with them.

I never said Yorubas dont innovate, I said Igbos have a special touch pretty much like the Jews. They know how to perfect stuffs...

I wasnt talking about Nigerian music in general, I was talking about Nigerian hip hop. If you wanna talk about Nigerian music generally, then the likes of Osadebe, Oliver De Coke, Victor Iwaifo, etc took Nigerian music offshore much before the likes of Obe and Sunny Ade became household names in Nigeria.

And please dont even talk about Innoson Motors because it's obvious you either know nothing about the company or you are blinded by bigotry.
[/b]
u kept shooting yourself in the leg. keep deluding yourself okay? If u have any evidence to nail those people y dont u bring them to the public domain?i will also like u to name those stuffs ur people improved upon? And y cant u create something new instead of trying to perfect them? And its obvious u dont understand the meaning of adaption regarding innoson.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 22, 2013
Lol @ the inferiority complex oozing from our ibo siblings grin

It's great to be Yoruba wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by cornelin(m): 2:17am On Jul 22, 2013
Nice job man
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 22, 2013
cornelin: Nice job man
Thank you. Dont mind those bigots who cant see the ingenuity in Igbos.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by swezenberg(m): 6:44am On Jul 22, 2013
Pipsland78:
Thank you. Dont mind those bigots who cant see the ingenuity in Igbos.

I need not to continue with you. I have come to realise that complex makes a man that is extremely inferior ooze out stuff like 'we've been marginalized', 'they cant see the ingenuity in Igbos' who wants to see anything in a tribe that is not a competition. I'm too sure that the entire minority groups will have tasted power in this country before anyone can consider an ungrateful tribe like yours.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Dibiachukwu: 7:55am On Jul 22, 2013
Pipsland78:

Stop this fake jew thing. It is getting annoying. Igbos and Ashkenazi have nothing in common.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 22, 2013
Pipsland78:

forthwith desist from claiming to have emanated from Israel...when you do this you insult their existence. why are you guys still underdeveloped and complaining of marginalization. israelis are the most technologically advanced in the world, one of Google`s CEO sergey is a jew. these guys have brains and use their brains efficiently.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 22, 2013
Hmnnnnnn....so much hatred for the Igbos just as Jews are hated by so many in the world.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2013

Weldone nwannem nwoke!

Come on guys. He is Nigerian first and his tribe(s) second.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2013
curfew: all those dem fake useless award and publicity. you bribe media such as vanguard and, boom, you have it. shame!

That is one institute you just cant bribe!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Japan Toilet-maker Unveils 'Poop-powered' Motorbike / Harvard Students Invent Electricity Generating Football / E50-32 Dstv Error Solved !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.