Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:08 PM

I Should Have Joined Manchester United- Mikel Obi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Should Have Joined Manchester United- Mikel Obi (2211 Views)

If I Knew It Would Be Like This, I Wouldn't Have Joined Liverpool- Benteke / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse / Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Should Have Joined Manchester United- Mikel Obi by SamMilla1(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2008
Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi has sensationally admitted he would have happily accepted a move to Manchester United if his move from Lyn Oslo had gone smoothly.

The Sunday Telegraph says Mikel, 21, could have been turning out for Manchester United in the Luzhniki Stadium, having apparently signed a contract agreeing to sign for them when the Super Eagles star was with previous club Lyn Oslo.

Only when Lyn director Morgan Andersen was found guilty of forging Mikel’s signature was he free to sign for Chelsea in June 2006.

The Plateau United player said, “Everyone thought I was lying, everyone thought I was trying to come to Chelsea because of the money but it wasn’t like that. I believe that things should be done the right way and if they are not, I don’t want any part of it. If things had been done the right way, I would have gone to United. Why not? They’re a big club. But things weren’t done right and now everyone knows, so thank God for that.

“It has made me stronger mentally and I know that in life, there are some people you trust and some people you don’t trust. I was out of the game for a while because of what happened but I came back strong and I believe I’ve had two good seasons with Chelsea.”
Re: I Should Have Joined Manchester United- Mikel Obi by nazzyon(m): 2:42pm On May 24, 2008
I found a link confirming your post.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200805196382367

SAF would have been interested in him if we hadn't bought Anderson.

I think it is too late before he realised the shit his ex manager brought upon him.

Now we have Anderson, even if SAF allows him into the team he will not get a first team. He will spend most of his time on loan.
Re: I Should Have Joined Manchester United- Mikel Obi by Ibime(m): 2:48pm On May 24, 2008
come on - this story is 2 weeks old. Quit it. Obi was just trying to prove to everyone that he wasn't lying when he said he was forced into the contract.
Re: I Should Have Joined Manchester United- Mikel Obi by ASL33: 5:10pm On May 24, 2008
Look at this ashole, when did 19th may turn to 2 weeks.
The Wednesday result is doing you more harm.
Re: I Should Have Joined Manchester United- Mikel Obi by Ibime(m): 5:24pm On May 24, 2008
If you look at the website, it is punchng i.e. punch as in the Nigerian newspaper. They are just relaying second hand info. The news is old. At least one week. I think it came out 3 or 4 days before the final or so.
Re: I Should Have Joined Manchester United- Mikel Obi by presido1: 7:30pm On May 24, 2008
Ibime:

If you look at the website, it is punchng i.e. punch as in the Nigerian newspaper. They are just relaying second hand info. The news is old. At least one week. I think it came out 3 or 4 days before the final or so.
Your next post will say at least 5 days and who knows what the post after dat will say.
Defeat is not good tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Should Have Joined Manchester United- Mikel Obi by mukina2: 7:39pm On May 24, 2008

(1)

Kano Pillars Demand For Prize Money After Winning The Nigeria Premier League Tit / Conspiracy Or Accident? Why Pacquiao Lost To Floyd Mayweather / Lionel Messi In Whatsapp Row With Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.