Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition (926 Views)

Okorocha Embarks On Economic Mission To Vietnam And Other Asian Countries - PICS / PDP Accuses Aregbesola Of Diverting N20bn Bailout Fund. / EFCC Invites Justice Folahanmi Oloyede, Who Accused Aregbesola Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 20, 2013
Yesterday 19072013 Governor Aregbesola of Osun State Embarked on Politically Inexpedient Demolition of buildings along Gbongan Road in Osogbo.While many cursing him and counting their losses ended up in hospitals following the resultant trauma it remains to be seen how he will be reelected come 2014 and whether the PDP Secretariat also in the path of contravention will be demolished though passed over yesterday.It is to be noted that Governor Akande of ACN lost to Governor Oyinlola resulting in 7/half years of maladministration due to Akande's unpopular decision to sack teachers leading to the death of many in the largely civil service employment dependent state.It remains to be seen whether the public servants who looked the other way while the now demolished structures were built will be sanctioned.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by fockusexkills: 7:26am On Jul 20, 2013
Aregbe will win in a landslide come next year.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by seunlayi(m): 8:09am On Jul 20, 2013
Bleep.u.sexkills:
Aregbe will win in a landslide come next year.
are you in sun state? I never imagine the way he was been booed yesterday when the demolition of some structures was going on, even akande and oyin never experienced such
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by Scarpon(m): 8:47am On Jul 20, 2013
I just remembered my building in abuja 2004 airofai e no go better for u
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by Capnd143(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2013
What was the reason for demolition?
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 20, 2013
Capnd143: What was the reason for demolition?
Structures were less than the approved 13 meters from the road i.e. Development Control Measures.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by Brimmie(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2013
OP.. You Can Lie o!!

I Witnessed Same Thing In Irewole LGA On Wednesday When They Were Demolishing Shops, Fence, And Even A Hospital That Was Close To The Road.

One Of The Victims Was Trying To Use "Oga At The Top" Power, One Man Came To Try N Stop The Men, They Pause For Some Minutes And Asked The Viewers If They Want Their Street To Be Good-Looking Coz Som Ppl Are Trying To Stop Them Here, Ppl Were Shouting... We Dnt Want Any Outsider Here.. We Want A New Look.. We Want Good Drainage.. The Man Was Booed And He Had To Disappear When One Man Said They Are Goin To Use The Tractor To Clear Him Off!

It Was A Very Interestin Scene I Must Say.

Thank God, I Took A Pic!

Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by Bash92(m): 10:53am On Jul 20, 2013
seunlayi: are you in sun state? I never imagine the way he was been booed yesterday when the demolition of some structures was going on, even akande and oyin never experienced such
He wouldnt be returning unless acn rigged d election. Am from osun state and one tin have discovered frm d acn people is that they are very good on propanganda. I just laughed at people on here,nairaland when they say he is one of the best performing governor in nigeria, though i dont know wat is happening in other states but i will say he is the worst governor from osun since its creation.
WATCH THIS SPACE: YOU WILL ALL BE IN SHOCK NEXT YEAR WHEN THE ELECTION IS CONDUCTED
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by PaulJohn1: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
I entered Oshogbo yesterday and happened to pass through that road of Abere to Olaiya where the demolition took place.
Sincerely, I see no reason why the member that opened this thread termed aregbe's action as "Politically Inexpedient Demolition". 95% of the structures that were demolished were shops, kiosks, fences and probable building extensions. The owners of these demolished properties knew they will be demolished one day, that's why they didn't risk erecting their main buildings(mostly storey bldgs) close to the road, but built shops for rentage on the road sides at the front of the main building. Also, let us note that those affected have been notified since feb last year. It was boldly written by the town planners on these shops and fences the date of notification which I personally saw on enough walls/shops being demolished.

The op also omitted this part: Aregbeshola's(the gov) campaign office was also affected, the main fence and the gate house were demolished yesterday, I saw this myself no be say dem say.

About Aregbe being re-elected, I think that is up to we the people of the state of the Living Spring to decide.
Based on performance and accountability, to me the man has proven to be far better than those that have led my home state of Osun.
I personally will vote for him in 2014 if I am opportuned, provided that the opposition have no better candidate than the like of Omisore to present as their flag bearer.
From what I have read, seen and heard, Omisore is likely to be the opposition's(pdp) flag bearer. If that happens, Aregbe's victory margin might be X3 instead of double that it should be.

Osun A Dara!!!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by koruji(m): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
You people and your lies. This particular demolition exercise included part of the governor's campaign office - besides these demolitions were long-planned and people notified.

odeotito: Yesterday 19072013 Governor Aregbesola of Osun State Embarked on Politically Inexpedient Demolition of buildings along Gbongan Road in Osogbo.While many cursing him and counting their losses ended up in hospitals following the resultant trauma it remains to be seen how he will be reelected come 2014 and whether the PDP Secretariat also in the path of contravention will be demolished though passed over yesterday.It is to be noted that Governor Akande of ACN lost to Governor Oyinlola resulting in 7/half years of maladministration due to Akande's unpopular decision to sack teachers leading to the death of many in the largely civil service employment dependent state.It remains to be seen whether the public servants who looked the other way while the now demolished structures were built will be sanctioned.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by DCTrendy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2013
Paul John: I entered Oshogbo yesterday and happened to pass through that road of Abere to Olaiya where the demolition took place.
Sincerely, I see no reason why the member that opened this thread termed aregbe's action as "Politically Inexpedient Demolition". 95% of the structures that were demolished were shops, kiosks, fences and probable building extensions. The owners of these demolished properties knew they will be demolished one day, that's why they didn't risk erecting their main buildings(mostly storey bldgs) close to the road, but built shops for rentage on the road sides at the front of the main building. Also, let us note that those affected have been notified since feb last year. It was boldly written by the town planners on these shops and fences the date of notification which I personally saw on enough walls/shops being demolished.

The op also omitted this part: Aregbeshola's(the gov) campaign office was also affected, the main fence and the gate house were demolished yesterday, I saw this myself no be say dem say.

About Aregbe being re-elected, I think that is up to we the people of the state of the Living Spring to decide.
Based on performance and accountability, to me the man has proven to be far better than those that have led my home state of Osun.
I personally will vote for him in 2014 if I am opportuned, provided that the opposition have no better candidate than the like of Omisore to present as their flag bearer.
From what I have read, seen and heard, Omisore is likely to be the opposition's(pdp) flag bearer. If that happens, Aregbe's victory margin might be X3 instead of double that it should be.

Osun A Dara!!!

Bro, am with you 100%. We want development! We must pay the price.

1 Like

Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by geeez: 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
Can the mods close this thread as there are too many allegations against the claim made by the OP?

Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by Meritbaba(m): 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
The Op forgot to wrote in his propaganda that Aregbesola's campaign office was also affected, About the PDP secretariat if it was demolished that won't be the first PDP secretariat to be affected as one was demolish(fence and maybe gatekeeper's building) early this year along Igbona road and nothing happens
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
geeez: Can the mods close this thread as there are too many allegations against the claim made by the OP?

Please reread more closely and you'll see no allegations were made - only posers raised. What are you afraid of? The mods know better anyway!
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by kaze4blues(m): 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
OP is a fool.........
Re: Governor Aregbesola Of Osun State Embarks On Politically Inexpedient Demolition by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2013
Bash92:
He wouldnt be returning unless acn rigged d election. Am from osun state and one tin have discovered frm d acn people is that they are very good on propanganda. I just laughed at people on here,nairaland when they say he is one of the best performing governor in nigeria, though i dont know wat is happening in other states but i will say he is the worst governor from osun since its creation.
WATCH THIS SPACE: YOU WILL ALL BE IN SHOCK NEXT YEAR WHEN THE ELECTION IS CONDUCTED
WRONGFOOT! HE DEFINITELY IS NOT THE WORST GOVERNOR FROM OSUN STATE SINCE ITS CREATION! METHINKS HE LARGELY MEANS WELL LEAVING ROOM FOR MARGIN OF HUMAN IMPERFECTION AND ERROR TO WHICH WE ALL ARE SUBJECT. OH NO!!! ON SECOND THOUGHTS, IF YOUR CRITERIA IS 1. PARTYING/ORGIES, 2. PROFLIGACY, 3. CLUELESSNESS AND ALOOFNESS TO ALL THAT IS COMMON GOOD AND 4. THUGGERY CUM ELECTION RIGGING ET AL THEN YOU'LL BE CORRECT!

(1) (Reply)

. / Nigerian Vs Ghanian President Who Is More Influential In The Un / Anambra State Governorship Election, Who Will Win?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.